Project management jobs in New York, NY
Find the project management job of your dreams in New York, NY
Agile Coach II / III
Opening date:October 25
Closing date: November 25 2021
Role: Agile Coach II / III
Reports to: Sr.Technology Operations Lead
Department: Technical Operations
Location: Remote, Germany
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the worlds most popular data science platform. With more than 26 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrows innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: Were not just a company, were part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Agile Coach to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your experience and skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What Youll Do
- Coach 2 - 5 agile teams located in Germany and the US
- Coach and partner with managers and leaders
- Work with a team of agile coaches to catalyze culture change
- Create training materials and train individuals and teams on diverse topics from agile and self-organizing to giving and receiving feedback
- Facilitate cross-organizational project retrospectives, root cause analyses, and workshops
What You Need
- 5 - 8 years of experience coaching agile teams and transforming organizations
- Deep and broad understanding of, and practice realizing agile ways of working (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP, business agility, beyond budgeting, etc.)
- Ability to meet teams where they are at, regardless of if they are starting their agile journey or are high performing teams
- Nuanced ability to work with each team to help them discover the best patterns and practices for them
- An attitude of curiosity and a love of learning
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Team attitude: I am not done, until WE are done
- Embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in a open source or data science-oriented company
- Coaching training (ORSC, CTI, or similar)
- Scrum Alliance CTC or equivalent experience and skill
- Background in product development
Why Youll Like Working Here
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Paid parental leave - both mothers and fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy and monthly company days off known as Snake Days
- 100% remote and flexible working policy we embrace this fully through how we operate as a company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Opening date:October 24
Closing date: November 24 2021
Can you lead by example rather than dictate? Do you know how to bring out the best in others? Do you take a servant-leader approach to overcoming challenges? Part Project Manager, Developer, and Product Owner, you focus the team to achieve and exceed expectations. You can orchestrate teams and systems to optimize performance and throughput to deliver client value. This role will find the best path forward for the team through collaboration, communication and establishing cadence that overcome differences and emphasize negotiation. The Scrum Master has confidence to say “no” when appropriate and “yes” when the team can take on prioritized work and push for greater results. This individual will serve as the point person responsible for understanding the big development picture of each sprint and ensure that tasks are delegated appropriately and processed at the right time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as Scrum Master for two (2) scrum teams with a focus on coaching the teams towards improving the delivery of value
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies such as sprint/iteration planning, daily planning, retrospective, and sprint demos
- Assist the Product Owner with regular and disciplined backlog refinement
- Work with various stakeholders to remove impediments to the team
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team measure and improve performance
- Liaise between the Development teams and Product Management, fostering communication between the disciplines
- Lead dependency management and planning increment efforts
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary project teams through influencing and coaching
- Ensure the team comes to agreement on what can be achieved on each sprint (or other period of time)
- Strengthen the presence of our team on the Agile Project, Program, and Portfolio Office
- Actively contribute to the company’s Agile culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Business Administration or other related field. Equivalent experience may substitute for degree
- Three to five years of experience as a Scrum Master/Scrum practitioner working in an agile environment
- Current Certified Scrum Master/Scrum practitioner (CSM, ICP-ATF, PSN, PMI-ACP) desired. If not current, then actively pursuing or eligible to sit for exam.
- Experience with and knowledge of Kanban, Scrum and scaling framework such as SAFe, LESS or Disciplined Agile
- Experience with and knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC), specifically agile lifecycle management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated agile mindset and approach to problem-solving
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Teams and SharePoint
- Demonstrated knowledge of scrum/agile tracking software such as Version One, Rally, Jira, Azure DevOps or other related programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of experience with CI/CD tools and delivery experience
- Experience with leading learning events and training classes
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- While at work, this position is primarily a sedentary job and requires that the associate can work in an environment where they will consistently be seated for most of the workday
- This role may be performed in a remote/virtual setting
- This role requires that one can sit and regularly type on a keyboard most of their workday
- This position requires the ability to observe a computer screen for long periods of time to observe their own and others’ work, as well as in-coming and out-going communications via the computer and/ or mobile devices
- The role necessitates the ability to listen and speak clearly to customers and other associates
Agile Coach and Project Director
Opening date:October 24
Closing date: November 24 2021
Project Director & Agile Coach: Web and Mobile Apps
You’ll lead and organize the direction of web and mobile apps for industry leaders and new disruptors.
Our clients come to us to develop their most complex web and mobile applications. Utilizing Lean and Agile Methodologies in combination with our expertise in open-source technologies we build highly customized products that are used worldwide.
We help develop you into a CEO. We want you to grow with us and invest heavily in your professional growth from day one. If you are interested in entrepreneurialism, building great products, and strong relationships, this could be the place for you.
We are part of the M33 start-up studio that so far has founded 8 companies with specialties in Web/Mobile, Data Science & Computer Vision, DevOps and FinTech. All of these are headed up by Theodoers, who received the funding and support to grow their own start-ups. As we grow in New York we hope to expand the M33 network so are looking for entrepreneurial business leaders to join the team.
We support your path toward becoming the expert in your field and offer a transparent progression track. Every Theodoer has a mentor whose goal is to help you progress as rapidly as possible. You will also become a coach and mentor to more junior Theodoers.
We like to think that we offer the best of all worlds:
The global impact of our multinational clients, whilst experiencing the growth and velocity of a startup.
The satisfaction of producing high-quality work while pursuing your own goals and ambitions.
Curiosity didn’t kill the cat here, it is embraced. If you relish the opportunity to learn quickly by facing new contexts and technologies in a fast-paced environment then we encourage you to join us.
We are a team of 500+ located in NYC (15 employees), London (50), and Paris (450):
Established 12 years ago in Paris, in the last 6 years, the global team has grown from 30 to over 400 based on a strong reputation and happy employees.
We have started 8 companies as part of the M33 start-up studio over the last 6 years.
This Role Is Ideal For
Aspiring Entrepreneurs. You want to learn everything but code: a hands-on position in a high-growth company, teaching you the skill that will prepare you to lead your own company (digital project management, marketing, management, sales, recruitment ...).
Goal-oriented and impact-driven: You want to build real-world solutions addressing key business challenges.
Client-friendly and team player: You enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams and interacting directly with clients.
Startup sensibility: You want to join an early-stage startup with a proven track record in other markets, and everything that comes with the ride: adventure, massive growth, the ability to wear multiple hats while solving hard challenges, and the tales you can tell from having been there from the start.
Responsibilities: Finding a job title for this role is a challenge as the responsibilities and experiences you’ll gain are so diverse.
Agile Project Management (Agile Coach): Using Agile and Lean methodologies you will guide teams of world-class engineers to build web and mobile applications for our clients.
You will interact directly with start-up CEOs and Corporate leaders, helping them to make smart decisions about their product.
Marketing: Work within our Marketing team to generate impactful content, strengthen our brand and drive new business.
Sales (no cold-calling): You’ll help to accelerate company growth by participating in sales meetings, and offer strategic account management on projects ranging from $100K-$1m.
Growth: Hiring the best engineers and brightest business minds is no easy task. Learn how to identify and hire the team that’ll help us grow.
Strategy: You’ll play a critical part in shaping the future of Theodo US, improving processes across the business and leveraging your experience on the job.
What We Are Looking For
Bachelor’s degree from a top College (Non-STEM majors preferred).
0-4 years of professional experience.
Location: New York City, Authorized to work in the US*.
(*Unfortunately, we are not currently in a position to sponsor visas of any kind. Our roles are not remote.)
Salary commensurate with experience
- Hardware stipend
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- PTO: 15 vacation days
- One additional vacation day for every six months worked
- Major federal holidays
- 401K contribution
Join us in our monthly team outings like:
- VR World
- Yankee’s/Knicks games
- Copious amounts of food
- Company trips to conferences
A Diverse Working Environment
Theodo is committed to diversity and inclusion. We promote a prejudice-free environment and do not discriminate against current or prospective employees because of age, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or health concerns.
Interested? Apply here or send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Senior Agile Coach (US)
Opening date:October 24
Closing date: November 24 2021
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 - $125 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Agile Coach for our client.
About Our Client
This is a contract-to-hire engagement. If things work out, you should expect to receive an offer for a full time role and accept it within the first 3 months and convert at the end of the 6-month contract.
Preferred locations: ideally, Tampa, NYC
This contract engagement is fully payrolled/W2'ed and the budget range is adjusted accordingly.
The Senior Agile Coach will be a crucial member to support the Head of Finance Transformation utilizing the SAFe Agile methodology.
The Agile Coach must educate employees at all levels, including senior, and at times peers, on Agile principles, providing them with tools for implementing the process in their own work. They provide training sessions and teach valuable skills that lead toward the organization-wide adoption of Agile methodologies.
As a mentor, the Agile Coach is responsible for guiding teams into the Agile methodology, providing employees with feedback and means of improvement, catalyzing organizational growth and answering questions. They provide hands-on support to all employees, collaborating with people across widely varying levels and roles, leading teams toward further understanding and adoption of Agile as well as overall company growth and improvement.
Excellent communication skills required to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Deep leadership, problem-solving, communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in the following areas: finance, the businesses, risk, operations and technology. The position could result in full-time employment.
- Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity, and lessons learned
- Identifies corrective actions to improve project or team performance
- Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of project or team plans
- Works under consultative direction.
- Provide Agile coaching, which will require expertise in Agile Scrum, SAFe – All aspects,
- Extreme Programming, Test driven development and Kanban principles, methods and techniques
- Instruct managers on the basics of Agile tools, such as Scrum and Kanban
- Mentor: Focusing on people and Continuous Improvement all the time; provide team a platform for improvement not only during the retro but all the time. Create a safe environment for healthy conflict and meaningful collaboration.
- Deliver effective training classes on a variety of Agile transformation related topics as well as contribute to customer design
- Be prepared to act as Product Manager/Owner or scrum master when teams are lacking these roles or learning them.
- At times, manage a team of contracting Agile coaches as needed
- Minimum 4 years SAFe implementation at a SPCT experience level in infrastructure with 5-10 years delivering projects in an Agile manner
- Experience improving or transforming a process, group or organization and using change management techniques to optimize delivery
- Proven experience participating in an agile transformation as an internal/external coach at team, project, portfolio and enterprise level
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business requirements and thrive in an environment with a high degree of change
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and initiative dependencies
- Demonstrated experience in Agile practices (Lean, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.)
- Ability to interact with all levels of organization in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner
- Proven ability to guide the breaking down of large-scale projects into SMART incremental objectives
- Veteran in marrying Agile with Waterfall as necessary to deliver enterprise wide SAFe initiatives
Education and Certifications
Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Scaled Agile Certifications preferred
About The Hiring Process
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Opening date:October 23
Closing date: November 23 2021
As a Scrum Master, you will routinely wear the hats of facilitator, teacher, and coach to help enable your product team to develop customer-centric software products from idea to production. The Scrum Master is a servant leader to the team cultivating an environment of efficiency and coaching on scrum best practices, removing team impediments (including addressing root causes), and facilitating collaborative interactions and events aimed at delivering business value. Although they will care about the success of the product, they will care more about the health and success of their team. The Scrum Master must comfortably speak to the essence of the Agile Manifesto's 12 principles and exemplify the values of focus, courage, openness, commitment and respect.
- Teach stakeholders, product owners, and development team members the mechanics and value of the scrum framework, along with value-driven product development techniques.
- Facilitate effective working sessions and team ceremonies as desired by the team (e.g. vision, roadmap, release planning, sprint review, retrospective, sprint planning, story mapping, etc.).
- Train the team to conduct effective daily stand-up meetings focused on attaining the sprint goal.
- Facilitate focused team retrospectives aimed at helping the team identify opportunities for improvement with a plan of action.
- Collaborate with Product Owners in best practices for managing stakeholder relationships, as well as maintaining and organizing an effective product backlog.
- Coach the team in the value of creating effective user stories.
- Facilitate the definition of done negotiations that enable higher product quality through better extreme programming behaviors and DevOps practices (TDD/CI/CD).
- Coach team members in agile estimation techniques aimed at generating effective team discussions and valuable, working software every sprint.
- Coach team members on daily application of the Agile Manifesto's 12 principles and provide guidance on correcting anti-patterns and issues made visible by the scrum framework.
- Facilitate consensus-building activities and conflict resolution in order to improve team effectiveness.
- Frequently assess the scrum maturity of the team and organization in order to coach the team and organization to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Proactively collaborate with team members focused on building trust, identifying growth opportunities, and improving overall team capabilities.
- Proactively and reactively remove impediments to the team and elevate awareness of any organizational impediments discovered. Ensure root causes are effectively identified and addressed.
- Partner with Agile thought-leaders to explore and become involved in opportunities for improvement across the scrum teams and company as a whole.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field required; in lieu of a degree, 4+ years of relevant experience may be considered
- At least 2 years of Scrum Master experience
- Experience implementing LESS or NEXUS frameworks
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) with Scrum Alliance or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP-SM) is preferred
- Must have familiarity with common and complex Agile practices, software development environments, and industry best practices; experience with Systems Thinking and Lean Startup is a plus
- Understanding of the fundamentals of software development processes and procedures as well as knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with a high comfort level presenting to a variety of audiences, including senior management. Communication is critical.
- Strong teaching and coaching skills as well as conflict resolution skills
- Working knowledge of Kanban boards, scrum of scrums, and effective value-driven backlog management practices
- Basic knowledge of and some experience with visual/graphic facilitation (sketching skills)
naviHealth is improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live more fulfilling lives. For nearly a decade, naviHealth has been a trusted partner for the nation’s top health plans, health systems, and at-risk physician groups navigating the shift from volume to value. Powered by a predictive technology and decision support platform that provides clinicians and care teams with evidence-based protocols, naviHealth’s high-touch, proven care model fully supports patients from pre-acute through to the home. With naviHealth, patients can enjoy more days at home, and healthcare providers and health plans can significantly reduce costs specific to unnecessary care and readmissions. For more information about naviHealth, visit www.navihealth.com .
Improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live a more fulfilling life
Rooted in respect
Guided by purpose
Devoted to service
Energized by impact
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by colleagues assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. naviHealth reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
naviHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Opening date:October 23
Closing date: November 23 2021
New York, New York
Skills : Scrum,Scrum Master,Product Owner,GIS,Energy Industry,PSM I and II,Agile,Daily Scrum, Sprint Review
We're recruiting for a Utility/Power Company based out in New York, NY. They have an immediate opening for the Scrum Master role. This is a 12 months contract role with the high possibility of extension. If your skills match the below, please apply:
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Guides the team and organization on how to use Scrum & agile practices and frameworks.
- Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and planning meetings in a way that ensures full team engagement.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on refining & maintaining the Product.
- Backlog and performing release planning.
- Assists in removing impediments to the team’s success, such as cultural barriers or logistic challenges, supporting the Product Owner, and ensuring that the team’s progress and successes are highly visible to all stakeholders.
- Fosters close cooperation across all team members, encourages cross-training and supporting each other.
- Generates agile mindset in team through conversations, coaching, and role playing exercises.
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of punishment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience being a Scrum Master.
- Bachelor’s or greater in IT, Computer Science, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude.
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace.
- Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue, i.e. a strong mediator.
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts.
- Experience in scheduling and coordinating meetings, identifying risks/dependencies/impediments, and coordinating resources and handling multiple priorities required.
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them.