IT project management jobs in Virginia
Find the IT project management job of your dreams in Virginia
Opening date:November 25
Closing date: December 23 2021
Program Manager – Teradata Cloud Services
For 40+ years, Teradata has been changing how the Megadata companies of the world use data and analytics to achieve better outcomes. Teradata delivers real-time, intelligent answers, leveraging 100% of the relevant data, regardless of scale or volume of query. We do it on-premises, in the cloud, and everywhere in between.
This is an exciting time to join Teradata, as we go through a number of transformations
- Building out our Vantage data and analytics platform together with valuable apps
- Offering on-prem, private & public cloud options
- Offering as-a-service and consumption-based options
- Maturing our Lean/Agile development approach
We have a winning vision and strategy, and there is great energy on the team!
We are looking for a capable and passionate seasoned Program Manager to own and drive end-to-end product development, from ideation through implementation and adoption, in a cross-functional, fast-paced and highly-technical environment. We have a robust roadmap of Cloud Services or Cloud Platform Releases as we build best in class products for our customers.
Our program managers provide an effective execution framework to enable our teams to predictably deliver valuable and high-quality products and services.
Our program managers and scrum masters ensure alignment and transparency between stakeholders and the team and foster a positive and collaborative environment.
- Shepherd ideas from concept into development, ensuring the value propositions and business models are clear and validated, following our lifecycle process
- Program Management duties and Scrum Master duties for one or more Cloud Services teams
- Work with Product Managers, Product Owners, UX, Architects, Engineering Managers and Scrum Masters to ensure there is a properly prepared backlog
- Capacity planning based on historical velocity
- Ensure the team is staffed and funded for success, and operates within budget
- Facilitate quarterly and release planning, scrum-of-scrums, and program reviews
- Support the team with data views of timelines, completion, quality, and tech debt
- Coordinate system and solution demos
- Collaborate with Customer Support, Services, Marketing, and Sales to ensure customers adopt and are delighted by our releases, with issues quickly resolved
- Identify and rapidly mitigate risk and uncertainty
- Eliminate/manage impediments, risks and dependencies with a focus on Lean flow
- Ensure we integrate and receive user feedback early and often
- Conduct retrospectives and RCAs and follow up on actions to drive relentless improvement
- Provides transparency into Program health plugged into appropriate operating mechanisms
- Ensures KPIs are defined, measured and adhered to
- Can integrate into early adopter processes
- Sc. in Computer Science or Engineering or other related education
- Minimum 10 years of experience as Program/Project Manager or Scrum Master
- Experience leading medium-to-large scale programs with cross-functional stakeholders using an Agile development approach
- Tech savvy with prior experience as a developer or tester, understanding modern software development practices
- Experience with multiple Industries; financial, retail, etc.
- Experience with cloud technology and delivering software-as-a-service
- Experience leading programs with global teams
- Experience using, and deep understanding of, Lean, XP, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- Excellent influencing, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Teradata (NYSE TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
IT Project Manager
Logistics and Supply Chain
IT Project Manager
6 days ago | Richmond, Virginia, United States | Estes Forwarding Worldwide, LLC (EFW)
Opening date:November 22
Closing date: December 20 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Logistics and Supply Chain,
Estes Forwarding Worldwide (EFW) is a leading domestic and international freight forwarder in the United States, providing customized logistics and warehousing solutions for clients around the world and across all industries via air, ground, and ocean freight. A subsidiary of Estes Express lines with corporate located in Richmond, Virginia, EFW is uniquely backed by Estes Express Lines’ extensive line haul network providing EFW clients with a hybrid transportation network. The company has received industry awards, including Specialty Carrier of the Year and E-Commerce Delivery Carrier of the Year, and has been recognized by Global Trade Americas as a leading 3PL to watch.
The Project Manager, IT will assist others in the EFW IT Department as needed with specific IT Projects. All aspects of such project will be managed under his/her guidance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Identified as an expert in the field, this position requires that the manager be able to review all project documentation and guide others efficiently.
- Provide PMI project management principles to plan, execute and finalize EFW IT projects according to SDLC with scope, budget and schedule.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of assigned IT projects.
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects, to include report progress to plan, status updates, facilitate team meetings.
- Review project request documents, create initial project plan through requirement and create project charter.
- Review functional/non-functional requirements, create communication and risk plan, update overall project plans.
- Review task lists and estimates, create resource plans, review detailed design specifications, update project plans.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling user acceptance testing.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling of rapid response team training to include other training as identified.
- Update project documentation and create project closure documents to include project tracking software.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Must comply with company CT-PAT regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/ Experience & Qualifications:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Systems or Information Technology . A combination of education and experience will be taken into consideration.
Ability to manage project teams, risks and issues.
Minimum of 4000 hours of experience in leading technical projects using SDLC processes.
High level experience of MS Office Products including MS Project and Visio.
Strong leadership skills.
Must be able to and comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct.
Must be able to interact well with others.
Ability to work independently or in a team setting, in a fast paced environment.
Must be mentally and emotionally capable of handling a high stress environment.
Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 25 lbs.
Responds well to questions.
Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Lean/Six Sigma experience desired.
Prior experience working in the transportation /freight movement industry desired.
Experience in project management principles in support of large IT projects helpful
PMP certification preferred.
At this time, EFW will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
EFW prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and a background check.
EFW offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
EFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Agile Program Manager
Opening date:November 19
Closing date: December 19 2021
ARK Solutions Inc., is seeking an experienced Agile Program Manager to support our ongoing transformation to Scaled Agile. This position will plan, launch, and execute initiatives in a complex, iterative environment using a value-driven approach that emphasizes collaboration, speed, and efficiency.
- Manages a portfolio of agile projects and ensure that projects are delivered on time, on schedule and full scope
- Collaborates with IT technical resource managers and stakeholders to ensure projects are set up for success at initiation
- Leads resources and provide guidance to project managers and teams
- Drives consistent project delivery through the entire project lifecycle, including: project plans, release plans, resource allocation, and management of project risks, scope, schedule, and delivery of value.
- Tracks and communicates program status progress to stakeholders and management.
- Establishes an environment where the teams can be effective and helps removing obstacles.
- Protects team from outside interruptions and distractions.
- Tracks and reports team velocity and other program metrics along with status updates.
- Promotes continuous improvement and helps teams to increase productivity.
- Ensures the teams are practicing core Agile principles.
- Adheres to VDOT and VITA project management practices as defined.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
Experience leading and implementing SAFe in large complex IT environment
Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of Agile project management principles and practices.
Ability to work with customers, understand their business practices and manage their expectations.
Ability to set clear performance standards and hold team members accountable, while keeping team engaged and on track.
Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills.
Ability to balance the competing demands for quality, scope, schedule, and cost.
Well-versed with Scrum/ Kanban/SAFe/LeSS Agile methodologies.
Experience with Agile Transformation and SAFe framework implementation is required.
5 + years of leadership and people management experience in technology environment.
Dynamics CRM Project Manager- South
Opening date:November 14
Closing date: December 14 2021
Dynamics 365 (CRM) Delivery Manager professionals design, customize, develop, deploy, and integrate enterprise Dynamics business application solutions for Avanade and its clients. This involves identifying, crafting and mapping the business processes to the application with a diverse set of environments where there could be additional solutions are at work.
As a Delivery Manager you will be responsible for successful delivery of D365 projects to Avanade clients through organization, management and monitoring of people, methodologies and technologies throughout the project life cycle. The Delivery Manager works closely with both internal Avanade and client partners from requirements-gathering through full implementation and demonstrate capacity to encourage and sustain delivery of quality work. You will identify and implement ongoing improvement initiatives, processes and tools that support improvements in productivity, efficiency, issue resolution and cost. You are an experienced portfolio manager that leads and manages their own projects in addition to managing the Business Applications project and services portfolio of annual $20M.
Do you want to work in an environment that supports you? We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community! We offer a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance, disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, life insurance, extended benefits to cover items that support your well-being, health, dental and vision insurance, professional development and paid Microsoft certification opportunities.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Lead effective delivery of work to clients, ensuring alignment to Avanade methodologies and ensuring client happiness
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks, while monitoring, reporting and responding to issues and risks associated with the project
- Develop, implement and maintain a detailed project work plan, including traceable requirements, appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure timely, on-budget and quality outcomes
- Engage and partner with appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces, including service licensing agreements
- Develop and implement change-management and change-enablement processes throughout project duration.
- Conduct detailed analyses/interviews to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard consulting engagement practices such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc., and provide input for workshops and support clients in service delivery transformation
- Assist in the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using Avanade's standard tools
You are an expert leader of Business Applications projects. You should have expertise in Dynamics 365 and the lifecycle of planning, implementing, and maintaining such solutions. You likely have around ten years of relevant project delivery experience and five years of leading complex teams of business and technical resources to successful business outcomes.
You should be able to demonstrate key proficiencies including:
- Project/program management in complex mid to large sized programs: workplan management, scope management, financial management, contract and commercial management, vendor and ecosystem management.
- Project/program mobilization and recovery experience of Dynamics 365 engagements ($2-10m)
- Business process design, systems configuration, application development, testing, localization, and deployment
- Consulting to external clients on complex projects, including in project leadership roles
- Excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and business partners, both verbally and in written form.
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related). You likely have about 7 years of relevant technology business leadership experience, including solution sales, creation, delivery and business management, and more than 5 years of proven people and/or business leadership experience, particularly within a consultancy.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com .
Project Manager - Richmond, ON
Opening date:November 12
Closing date: December 12 2021
Role: Project Manager
Location: Resource can work fully Remote
Scope And Skills Needed
- Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables
- Manages critical projects, customer engagements or business processes
- Cultivates strong, lasting customer relationships at senior leadership level
- PMI Project Manager III role Strong capability in the 9 PMI PMBOK knowledge areas
- 10+ yrs. expr, PM Boot Camp, PM Level 100 & 200, CAPM cert
- Develops strategic relationships with clients through leadership and planning
- Provides Domain Expertise to help guide the client in their planning decisions for a given engagement
- Typically manages a maximum of 1-2 work streams
- Ensure all aspects of project (forecasting, invoicing, communications, RACI tracking, etc.) are completed accurately
- Ensure quality and timely completion of deliverables
- Manage scope and contractual discussions with clients
- Removes roadblocks and identifies opportunities for the Project Team
- Customer facing communication skills
Sr. Program Manager, International Federal Financials
Sr. Program Manager, International Federal Financials
19 days ago | Richmond, Virginia, United States | Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Opening date:November 09
Closing date: December 09 2021
Would you like to help shape the future of the global financial system? Do you want to join a team who is passionate about brining the power of the cloud to create an inclusive financial ecosystem? Are you passionate about building effective teams, mechanisms and enablement? As a member of the AWS worldwide public sector (WWPS), you will empower Inter-Governmental Organizations (IGOs), International Financial Institutions (IFIs), and sovereign entities, such as central banks, financial regulators, taxation authorities, and sovereign wealth funds as they explore how the latest technology can be mission-enabling. Through a combination of domain and technical expertise, we partner with our customers as they leverage the power of cloud to achieve their mission objectives.
We are seeking a Program Manager working within the WWPS Federal Financials team to own operational cadences, reporting and drive efficiencies and acceleration mechanisms. This position is responsible for continuous improvement of team mechanisms, envisioning and implementing current state improvements and proposing future state operating models; implementing new tools, automation, and creating roadmaps that drive alignment across the team.
This high impact role requires excellent attention to detail, a strategic mindset and ability to translate strategic priorities into operational mechanisms and delivery initiatives. You will interact with senior leaders, have excellent stakeholder management skills and experience operating in global, cross-functional, and cross-department programs. The ideal candidate earns trust through performance and relationship building, and implementing program management best practices.
Reporting to the Global Program Management lead for international federal financials, you will drive operational reporting for business reviews, partner with business analysts in owning reporting dashboards and help the business development and sales teams in identifying and mitigating risks and issues. This position will work with the several worldwide stakeholders in multiple teams such as sales, business development, contract management, legal, marketing, public relations, business operations, and sales enablement teams. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
You are a hands-on, self-starter that has experience in designing, establishing and launching operational processes and efficiency programs. You are deeply experienced with program management, co-ordination of multiple initiatives and can lead senior portfolio-level reporting and assessments.
Key job responsibilities
- Responsible for operational reporting for business reviews, own reporting dashboards and help sales and business development team identify and mitigate risks and issues.
- Lead senior portfolio-level reporting, assessments while owning operational cadences and driving efficiencies and acceleration mechanisms.
- Identifying new mechanism opportunities, leveraging data and prioritizing based on strategic goals, business needs, and business impact; developing programs to launch mechanisms for a cross-functional and cross-business unit team
- Executing organization-wide initiatives, influence and align stakeholders, define project plans, assemble resources, drive change management activities, develop all processes associated with program roll-out and ongoing support and measure results to feedback improvements
- Driving long-term strategy to scale future operations in close collaboration with other teams. This involves envisioning current state improvements and developing future state operating processes and mechanisms
- Create smooth, reliable connection points across AWS departments to ensure the efficient and clear flow of information across the organization.
- Collaborate across AWS to build optimized processes to ensure work and information flows consistently and clearly, and that plans can be built to be stable, accurate, and with the most timely information.
- Create roadmaps and build prioritization mechanisms to align team direction and refresh roadmaps monthly.
- Build and deliver meaningful operational metrics in conjunction with business operations analyst
- Support the development and execution of Sales Enablement activities
About The Team
Our team is global and puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on when or how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- 3+ years of experience in delivering complex cross-functional projects with tech and non-tech teams
- 1+ years experience with core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management with experience in how to apply them multi-stakeholder environments
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
- Demonstrable experience in process/mechanism creation and improvement and implementing repeatable processes
- Self-motivated problem solver who thrives in a dynamic diverse geographical team.
- Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to stay connected to the details of the business
- Comfortable with IT processes and working with technical customers.
- Experience maintaining and communicating roadmaps and plans, identifying contributing factors impacting roadmap cohesion and integrity, risk and issue management, and planning.
- Business language proficiency in English and an additional language
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Job ID: A1776085