IT project management jobs in Virginia
Find the IT project management job of your dreams in Virginia
Sr. Program Manager - Data Analytics
Opening date:July 24
Closing date: August 24 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Management Consulting,
We are Cognizant Artificial Intelligence
Digital technologies, including analytics and AI, give companies a once-in-a-generation opportunity to perform orders of magnitude better than ever before. But clients need new business models built from analyzing customers and business operations at every angle to really understand them.
With the power to apply artificial intelligence and data science to business decisions via enterprise data management solutions, we help leading companies prototype, refine, validate and scale the most desirable products and delivery models to enterprise scale within weeks
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future *
Job Title : Sr. Program Manager with Data Analytics
Location - Remote
Qualifications And Description-
- >15 years of overall experience with main focus on delivery management for medium size client accounts (>$2M in revenue size at a minimum)
- >10 years of latest experience in data and analytics area managing big size multi-year programs and establishing engagement governance
- Deep expertise in client management and relationship building experience
- Expertise in contract management, engagement reviews, negotiations and change management
- Experienced in running global delivery model of executions
- Well versed with data and analytics engagement sizing, planning and execution methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Proven track record of building deep sales/technical relationships with senior leaders and practice building executives within highly strategic system integrators
- Should have excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external executives
- Experience in managing various client relationships to get consensus on solutions
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong background in Data Management space is a must. Experience with Cloud /Data Modernization is a plus.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email @cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Senior Security Program Manager
Opening date:July 24
Closing date: August 24 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Computer Software, Internet,
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology Job Details
Trust is the #1 company value at Salesforce. It’s not just words or a slogan: it’s part of the beating heart of the company that everyone contributes to every day. We define trust as security, availability, and performance. Delivering new capabilities is one thing, but we must do so while protecting and earning our customer's trust. We ensure this by having our developers embed trust in every product decision and support them with industry leading policies and practices.
The primary goal of the SSDL (Salesforce Secure Development Lifecycle) program is to enable Salesforce to deliver on that promise of trust to our customers.
This role will help develop and execute on a multi-year strategy to embed security seamlessly into our engineering processes to help our developers to deliver secure products while maintaining engineering agility.
We are seeking an individual that is as passionate about security as they are about people. Do you want to be an agent of change? Are you the type of person that seeks out roadblocks or tough organizational issues and views them as an opportunity? Can you look at the big picture and the details? Can you see all the opportunities but still prioritize? Do you enjoy delivering creative technical solutions to complex problems? Do you enjoy streamlining processes to make everyone’s life easier and bringing order to chaos all while improving trust? Are you passionate about security and understand that there is always more that should be done than available resources? Does the idea of constantly changing, high impact work excite you? Would you love to work with some of the world’s top security talent?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Top Reasons To Join The Team
- Executive leadership is fundamentally bought in and driving SDL across all development activities as a key component of how we improve Trust. The visibility, ability to show improvement, and have impact in this role is significant.
- This role is critical to continuing to develop and grow the value proposition for the SDL program. he program is evolving and maturing, and we are open to ideas about this program - we know the outcomes and are looking for someone who will be persistent in adapting tactics to match the cultures of the various parts of Salesforce’s engineering workforce.
- Your key partners in Security Assurance are super smart and ingenious. They enjoy working with strong technical program managers and helping bring their ideas to fruition.
- You are treated as a critical member of the team, a valued resource, with valued opinions, and supported in your work by all levels of management.
- We are a transparent organization, where we care about open communication and foster the health of relationships.
- You are joining a World-Class Security organization where you will have the opportunity to learn from so many smart people.
- You will have the opportunity to create innovative programs to support the Salesforce Secure Development Lifecycle.
- Assist development of and execute on multi-year SDL Program Strategy involving training, tooling, guidance, and process.
- Continuously evaluate and evolve new service introduction and intake process for Security Assurance. Work with stakeholders external to Security Assurance to create a seamless end to end process for the company.
- Evangelize the SSDL program across Salesforce.
- Empower engineers to own security for their products and services through processes, training, tooling, and automation.
- Translate business objectives into execution strategy (tactical and strategic), lead and successfully execute the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership
- Establish feedback loops from other Security Functions to continuously evolve and expand the program’s efficacy.
- Develop trusted relationships with key technology, functional leaders, and stakeholders to drive focus on the strategic program objectives and optimize program delivery. This includes supporting and holding resources accountable for their responsibilities within the program
- Ensure data is collected and communicated to appropriately inform decision making for mitigating risks and resolving issues
- Drive a continuous focus on equipping and enabling engineering teams to deliver secure by default solutions.
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering on program objectives
- Drive for clarity to keep teams moving forward
- Provide “go to” leadership, transparency and visibility to the entire Technology & Products organization. Seek to continuously grow by proactively seeking and embracing constructive feedback
- 7+ years of experience in software security, preferably in a security assurance role at large enterprise preferably in working with cloud / online services
- 5+ years of experience building a roadmap and managing complex programs with people, process, technology components.
- Thorough understanding of Secure Development Lifecycle fundamentals and components
- Ability to walk in the shoes of engineers in order to understand how your program can impact and enable them.
- Track record of successfully building alliances with teams and individuals in a matrixed environment
- Experience in framing, establishing and implementing large-scale (enterprise-level) initiatives
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike
- Outstanding detail-oriented organizational skills,
- Ability to be flexible with a positive attitude and learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Substantial emotional intelligence - can balance the needs of the company and read a situation to understand when to forcefully push something, or give it some space
- Self starter and intrinsically motivated with a history of successful project execution
- Strong influencing skills with an ability to motivate and drive others to succeed
- Ability to understand business and technical requirements, capture and summarize key points, and communicate them at levels appropriate to your audience
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple geographically distributed technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, technical operations, software engineering and security
- Concise written and verbal communication skills with proven experience in influencing executives to drive decisions
- Information Systems, Computer Science Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of enterprise software development and infrastructure processes and lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile or similar methodologies
- Past experience driving and managing full lifecycle projects.
- Experience in managing the development of courseware
- CISM and/or CISSP certification
- Ability to see potential and prioritize initiatives to deliver business outcomes
- Experience with creating detailed reporting and dashboards
- Seasoned professional in corporate communications, presentation, and risk awareness
- Experience in driving key information security, compliance and other regulatory requirements internally and externally
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $ 104,600 for a Program Manager. You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
5 days ago | Richmond, Virginia, United States | Shaw Systems Associates, LLC
Opening date:July 24
Closing date: August 14 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Computer Software, Financial Services,
What is the opportunity?
Shaw Systems offers software that has stood the test of time - we have specialized in loan servicing software since 1967. We offer an integrated servicing solution for loan and lease, as well as collections and recovery management. We are distinguished by the personal service we offer and our dedication to clients. Our software provides automation, flexibility, a user-friendly interface, and a scalable solution to support top financial institutions. Our client base includes auto finance leaders, banks, captive finance companies, credit unions, peer-to-peer lenders, wholesale lenders, commercial finance, and specialty lenders.
We are looking for a high-energized motivated individual to join our program team to lead loan service platform implementations. This is a high paced work environment, with multiple projects to manage.
The Senior Technical Project Manager will lead and oversees execution of the defined initiative to ensure program strategic goals and objectives are accomplished within approved time frames, scope, and budget. Projects being managed may be in the waterfall or agile methodology and requires technology insight for the Shaw loan origination systems and interfaces. May independently manage strategic, critical, or very large projects, as well oversee Scrum and Kanban teams. Some of the project resources will be matrixed and others will be on an as needed basis.
What will you do?
- Integrate project plans at program level creating estimating models as required, refines plan and manages performance against it.
- Communicate with client’s project management and executive sponsors on program status, activities, timelines, and budgets.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of project artifacts (Business Scope, Business & Operational Assessment and Final Project Forecast)
- Partners with Shaw and Client leadership to ensure collaboration on all levels of the program.
- Manage changes to increase the productivity of the team.
- Responsible to manage and communicate the status and progress of assigned initiatives according to the program governance.
- Facilitate discussion and driving to resolution complex issues and conflicts with clients and software (including client changes vs. project constraints); escalates to executive level when required.
- Identify and resolves ambiguity within project.
- Champion strong governance in the program decision framework; ensures all key stakeholders are informed of status, risks, issues, and are aligned on timing and scope.
- Manage program scope using appropriate metrics.
- Manage program assumptions agreed upon as a basis for change management.
- Promote innovative or improved methods to get the work done and implements best practices.
- Understand the client’s requests and ensures it is communicated and to the project team (in scope and design)
- Participate in schedule and cost forecasting in determining risk-based provisions.
- Continually improve resource forecast and completes capacity models.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, project management, and analytical skills.
- Background as:
- Technical project manager and/or
- Technical business analyst and/or
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for executive level interactions
- Strong communication skills, ability to manage multiple cross organizational teams.
- Knowledge of relevant technology solutions
- Proven ability to lead both technical and non-technical resources.
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel, Word skills
- Good Microsoft Project skills with ability to:
- Create manual and automatic schedules,
- Create work breakdown schedules,
- Establish task relationships with successor and predecessors,
- Define resources and resource schedules,
- Ability to manage a project via MS Project.
- Bachelor of Science in a technical or business field.
- Ability to be effective in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to work Central or Eastern Time zones.
- Ability to manage releases on nights and weekends as needed.
- At least 6 years’ experience in professional Technical Project Management
- At least 4 years’ experience managing projects using Agile (Scrum or Kanban) methodologies.
- At least 4 years’ experience in these roles’ at large enterprise companies or startups
- Manages all aspects of multiple projects to ensure there are completed on-time, within budget, and within scope. Has overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverable. prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. Shows leadership and guidance for junior project managers.
Nice To Have
- Expereince in financial services industry
- Experience in software development industry
- PMI - Certified associate in Project Management (CAPM) (or equivalent)
- PMI - Project Management Professional (PMP) (or equivalent)
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience with JIRA for project tracking and Kanban
- Experience in Confluence
- Experience as a Developer or Architect
- Agile, Lean or Six Sigma
- Experience in Microsoft Teams
What is in it for you?
Shaw is a family-owned business. We thrive on the challenges to exceed our customer’s expectations. As a project manager you will be the face of our company during system implementations. We have a team around each project manage to ensure the success of the project. We have high expectations of our software, our processes and our project managers.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Opportunity to implement world class loan servicing software to clients throughout the US.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Casual dress code, Business Casual in client meetings
- Agile work environment
- Work with a highly engaged and motivated team
- City: Houston
- Work Hours/Week: 40+
- Work Environment: Office
- Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
- Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
- Pay Type: Salaried
- Required Travel (%): 20%-50%
- Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt
- People Manager: No
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job function: Project Management Information Technology
- Industries: Banking Financial Services and/or Technology Software
Shaw Systems has specialized in loan servicing software since 1967. We have led the way with financial software, managing the lending process for businesses and providing quality products. We offer complete solutions for loan and lease servicing, and collections and recovery management. Top financial institutions all over the world, including a large number of auto finance leaders, have benefited from using our products.
Shaw Systems realizes the importance of each and every team member; your success is our success. Competitive compensation and opportunities for career growth are key factors in providing a work environment that promotes creativity. We cultivate an environment that promotes collaboration and fun. It seems to be effective: the average tenure of our employees is approaching an unbelievable 17 years!
Senior Program Manager / Account Manager
Senior Program Manager / Account Manager
5 days ago | Richmond, Virginia, United States | CapTech Consulting
Opening date:July 24
Closing date: August 24 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Computer Software, Management Consulting,
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
As a Senior Program Manager / Account Manager with CapTech, your focus will be helping our clients deliver results against some of their most complex business and technology initiatives. The Program Manager / Account Manager will partner with and ensure the long-term success of our clients. Different projects could challenge you to succeed as a highly consultative senior management advisor or to drive highly visible technical projects based on your planning, execution, and client relationship management skills. The Program Manager / Account Manager will develop long-term relationships with our client stakeholders and ensure successful service delivery.
Specific responsibilities for the Program Manager / Account Manager position include:
- Establish collaborative partnership with key stakeholders to assess and recommend optimal business and technical solutions.
- Lead cross-functional delivery teams to deliver impactful business outcomes.
- Develop integrated plans to establish, monitor, manage and report key milestones and deliverables.
- Support the triage and resolution of critical program or project issues and scope changes throughout the project phases.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key client stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Perform hands-on project work, including analysis, design, process engineering, and change management, as needed by the project.
Specific qualifications for the Senior Program Manager / Account Manager position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- PMP certification preferred.
- Proven account management or other relevant experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in project or program management role, preferably with full agile development life cycle experience.
- Demonstrated track record of successful ability to manage large and complex consulting engagements.
- Ability to assess client needs, identify omissions and gaps, and design optimal solution.
- Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients, build consensus, and achieve goals through influence.
- Excellent communication skills, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
We provide challenging and impactful opportunities in our client work and internal teams, while keeping individual interests in mind. We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lifelong career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. As a CapTecher, you will experience exciting and rewarding roles that help you grow and make a difference, while having fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Three comprehensive Medical Plan options (PPO and HDHP), as well as Dental and Vision coverage
- Company paid basic Life and AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Cell Phone stipend
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Birth and Family Bonding Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our diversity, Inclusion and belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
- CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
- Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
- Some positions may require travel.
- CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Process Excellence Software Project Manager
Process Excellence Software Project Manager
11 days ago | Richmond, Virginia, United States | Dematic
Opening date:July 18
Closing date: August 18 2021
Industry:Construction, Information Technology, Computer Software,
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 10,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
- Process improvement PM leads and guides project teams in understanding the importance of unified vision and common goals to achieve Software Objectives and Key Results. The PM will lead and direct others in deploying and improving processes and tools for large and complex software projects and internal initiatives.
- Identification, development, and management of key initiatives for process improvement.
- Completes complex projects and performs project organization, definition, planning, implementation and control, with support of global software execution teams.
- Delivers program objective using process innovation, process excellence, lean six sigma principles, change management methodology and tools.
- Drives process measurement including project scorecards and other metrics.
- Conduct required project meetings including Kaizen workshops, core team, steering committee meetings
- Manage project schedule
- Risk and opportunity management, including risk mitigation strategies and actions
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree required.BA, BS, or Master’s degree in organizational development, Software Engineering, Business Administration preferred.
- Lean Six sigma Green belt or Black belt, PM certification, change management strongly preferred.
Experience Expectations / Required Skills & Capabilities
- 3-5 years of project management, change management and process improvement experience , preferably in the field of Software Project Execution. Including a high degree of lean six sigma knowledge and experience.
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute change management strategies and tactical plans in complex projects focused on performance improvement.
- Ability to apply change management mythologies to promote change initiatives and lead global adoption.
- Ability to create business cases to support change, and to identify critical factors in planning change for a global team.
- Proven experience in leading changes, evaluate results and make recommendations to develop and sustain change.
- Experience in the analysis of performance metrics.
- Excellent communication, influencing, and leadership skills at all levels, and competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of leaders including internal stakeholders, customers and vendors and be a trusted advisor.
- Demonstrated outstanding team building skills with the ability to improve interaction and efficiency as well as the ability to break down barriers / silos.
- Effective skills in communicating project-related status and issues to project team and the company executives.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management
Customer Operations Program Manager
Opening date:July 11
Closing date: August 11 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Computer Software,
Opentext - The Information Company
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Customer Operations Project Manager Role
As a Customer Operations Project Manager within Global Customer Support Operations team, you are responsible for contributing and leading concurrent small to medium projects in a fast-paced environment. You will use your hands-on project management approach to manage the overall timeline for the project. We require an individual who has strong analytical, excellent communication and organization skills.
The Customer Operations Project Manager provides a single point of contact for projects with a focus on enhancing business systems, business processes, productivity, and efficiency.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist and/or lead the project management activities required for the successful delivery of small to medium projects, in a professional, timely manner
- Analyze impacts to various teams within Customer Support related to people, process, and systems
- Assist with creating work plans, write business requirements, write and execute user acceptance testing plans along with status reports
- Work closely with peers in cross functional business units to ensure a cohesive approach to overall project management at OpenText
- Provide ongoing communication to sponsors, business owners and internal customers regarding project milestones, progress and completion of activities to ensure smooth implementations
What does it take?
- Bachelor’s degree, college diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience with a proven track record of leading successful project
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, with minimal supervision
- Excellent business analysis skills and written communication skills with the ability to facilitate meetings and translate requirements into defined business solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and influence peers
- Understanding of a customer support environment beneficial; including Technical Support and Maintenance Renewals
- Aptitude for technology and the ability to connect technical concepts with business requirements
- Highly organized; detail oriented, and have the ability to shift easily between a variety of tasks with ease
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills, logic-based thinking and attention to detail
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- SAP experience an asset
- PMP designation or working toward designation an asset
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email @opentext.com.