IT project management jobs in Mississauga, ON
Find the IT project management job of your dreams in Mississauga, ON
Project Manager- IT Projects
Opening date:October 24
Closing date: November 24 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Government Administration,
IT Project Manager
Regular Full Time
IT Solutions- Service Excellence and Innovation
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for planning and managing the execution of IT projects to ensure that the deployed project deliverables meet the intent of the business requirements.
As part of the Service Excellence and Innovation Project Management Office, this position is responsible for:
- Complete project life-cycle management for small to medium-sized projects.
- Successfully delivery of the project's products within the acceptable parameters of time, quality and budget agreed to within the Project Charter.
- Participating in large complex projects and assuming lead responsibilities for assigned deliverables.
In this role you will:
- Ensure all phases of project delivery are performed within IT and corporate standards, timeframes and budget requirements.
- Coordinate the logistics (e.g. preparation of tenders and contracts, develop project plans, work schedules and determines priorities) and operational elements (e.g. budgets and resource requirements) for IT projects.
- Determine priorities and resource allocation.
- Work with client relationship managers (Business Partners) to develop the Project Charter and Business Case in consultation with subject matter experts within the organization.
- Ensure that applications, information, system, technology and security architectures meet current standards by working with the architecture, security, privacy and operations teams.
- Design the overall project strategy, create, execute and control project plans, manage the project change control process, and administer the project's budget.
- Provide regular project reporting to senior management, the Business Partners, Project Sponsors, Senior Project Managers, Steering Committees, or other Regional Committees and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Motivate project team(s) to work as a cohesive unit and ensures the completeness of the project's deliverables.
- Design and implement project communications management plans, manage risks and co-ordinate training plans.
- Manage and resolve project issues or escalate to the appropriate level.
- Close projects properly in accordance with corporate standards.
- Develop and deliver presentations to audiences at different levels of the organization, as required.
- Provide subject matter expertise and/or technical or professional advice if appropriate.
- A university or college degree or diploma in IT, computer science or a related discipline, plus a minimum of three years of prior experience managing IT projects
- The ability to manage small to medium well-defined projects and to develop project budgets
- Experience with agile project management
- Strong skills in the use of project management software applications such as Microsoft Project
- Understanding of IT processes and methods such as:
- Application and database development, acquisition and maintenance processes
- Business software evaluation and acquisition processes
- Technology infrastructure product evaluation and acquisition processes
- Progressive technical knowledge and knowledge of best practices in Information Technology service delivery such as SDLC, COBIT and ITIL
- Excellent communication skills to work with clients, technical teams, management and executive level staff in order to communicate technological principles and information in an audience-friendly manner
- An understanding of financial management, capital budgeting, business planning and purchasing and contract management processes
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
Location: Due to Covid-19, some of our offices are working at limited capacity to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and community. As such, this position will be required to work remotely for an undetermined period. Once working onsite, you will report to 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton.
We are committed to supporting community recovery from COVID-19. This plan will follow a phased approach that is guided by Public Health and Ontario's Framework for reopening. Get details
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm; Monday-Friday
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees who commence employment on or after October 1, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
Program Manager 3-ProdDev
Opening date:October 24
Closing date: November 24 2021
Position (Program Manager – Level 3)
- Manage the development and release of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
- Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending.
- Monitor the project from initiation through delivery.
- Organize the project activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Overall planning, managing and control of the project within a matrix and Agile environment.
- Facilitating planning sessions at various stages of the project lifecycle following Agile and Scaled Agile Framework.
- Managing the execution of deliverables while controlling scope and quality following the Agile methodology.
- Executing the change management process when needed, and ensuring timely resolution of discrepancies and project roadblocks in agile environment.
- Communicating the progress of projects to all stakeholders through meetings, statuses, reviews.
- Building project analytics specific to compliance – KPIs, metrics, dashboards and reporting.
- Establishing risk management plan and managing risks.
- Identifying and mitigating potential impediments and escalating as appropriate.
- Working with internal management and cross line of business communications.
- Enforce and improve development processes through the project.
- Earmark problem areas and apply learnings through the retrospectives.
- Continually add incremental and long term process improvements goals.
- B.S. in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent.
- Worked as Project/Program manager 5-10 years.
- Experienced in managing projects in Agile environment – 3-5 years
- Formal Project Management methodology training, with practical use. Certifications such as the Project Management Professional (PMP) are a plus.
- Experienced in using JIRA, Confluence
- Familiar with Scaled Agile Framework working methodology
- Able to work as Release Train Manager and leads agile transformation and successful execution of one or more value streams (Release Trains) to support the delivery of strategic technology products.
- Able to balance agile leadership and program management to help software development teams build and deliver products and solutions more efficiently.
- Experience in building scalable processes across disciplines and teams.
- Demonstrate ability to identify process/operational gaps and take action to improve them
- Horizontal and vertical communication across a large organization
- Excellent communication, with the ability to summarize and provide detail
- Ability to adapt existing processes to meet the needs of the business in an organization that changes frequently
- Comfortable with change, ability to see clarity in chaos and keep the greater goal in sight
- Familiar with Cloud based environment and processes
- Ability to work with large remote/matrix/cross functional development, test and release engineering teams.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 5 years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager
Opening date:October 20
Closing date: November 20 2021
Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely.
As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries.
The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
IT INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT MANAGER
Manage and ensure successful end-to-end delivery of IT projects or IT workstream of business projects to agreed scope, timeframe, cost, and quality.
Number of Countries: Global
Number of Locations: All Brambles locations
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Develop project scope and objectives, the identification & evaluation of options for project delivery and the preparation of a project documentations and plans
• Ensure that IT solution requirements are defined, delivered, and monitored
• Ensure quality control procedures are used correctly
• Establish the IT solution delivery project team(s) working methods
• Develop schedules and work packages for the IT project delivery team
• Monitor and adjust activities, resources, and plans
• Control hand-over of responsibility for the IT solution to business as usual support
• Initiate and influence key stakeholder relationships
• Influence organization, customers, suppliers, partners, and peers on the contribution of own specialism.
• Build appropriate and effective business relationships.
• Make decisions which impact the success of assigned projects i.e. results, deadlines and budget.
• Perform an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities.
• Undertake work which requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts.
• Understand the relationship between own specialism and wider customer/organizational requirements.
• Advise on the available standards, methods, tools, and applications relevant to own specialism and can make appropriate choices from alternatives.
• Analyze, design, plan, execute, and evaluate work to time, cost, and quality targets.
• Assess and evaluate risk.
• Facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives.
• Understand the relevance of own area of responsibility/specialism to the employing organization.
• Take customer requirements into account when making proposals.
• Analyze requirements and advise on scope and options for continuous operational improvement.
• Demonstrate creativity and innovation in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder.
• Take account of relevant legislation
• Take initiative to keep skills up to date.
• Maintain an awareness of developments in the industry.
• Metrics and KPI’s related to the effectiveness of the role (PDP)
• Alignment of IT programs and business strategic goals
• Quality of output (measured by customer and user satisfaction)
• Quality of solutions proposed by the team (measured by success of solutions proposed)
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
• Works under broad direction.
• Work is often self-initiated.
• Is fully accountable for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives.
• Establishes milestones and has a significant role in the delegation of responsibilities.
• Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments.
• IT Leadership
• IT Peers
• Regional Leaders and Teams
• Partners and Contractors as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Project Management certification (PMP or CAPM) from PMI (desirable)
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt (desirable)
• Significant previous experience within an IT-focused role.
• 2+ years’ experience managing or influencing technical staff and projects.
• Proven success in improving the customer experience.
• Experience working within a matrix structure.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Stakeholder Relationship Management
• Collects and uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
• Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
• Implements a communications strategy, including, e.g. handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and dissemination of relevant information appropriately
• Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation, and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically lasting 6-12 months, with direct business impact, teams of 3-5 and firm deadlines).
• Identifies, assesses, and manages risks to the success of the project.
• Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
• Ensures Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
• Manages the change control procedure, and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale, resource budgets, and are signed off
• Provides effective leadership to the project team and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
Supplier Relationship Management
• Maintains a broad understanding of the commercial IT environment, how the organization sources, deploys and manages external partners and when it is appropriate to use in-house resources.
• Develops and manages contracts with suppliers to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets, taking account of information security of third parties.
• Is responsible for the liaison between the organization and designated supplier(s).
• Carries out benchmarking and makes use of supplier performance data to ensure that supplier performance is properly monitored and regularly reviewed.
• Is responsible for the management and implementation of supplier service improvement actions and programs.
• May be responsible for managing a discrete IT function or service in a multi-supplier environment.
Technical and Business Knowledge
• Understand Operational Technology utilized by Brambles Service Centers, and integration of Informational Technology in conjuncture with Operational Technology
CHEP Canada invites applications from all qualified individuals. CHEP is committed to fostering workplace diversity, and, provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Recruiting Department and a recruiter assigned to the posting will work with you to meet your needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at .....@brambles.com.
IT Project Manager
Opening date:October 15
Closing date: November 15 2021
Type:Contract (12 months)
Job Title : IT Project Manager - Global Integrations
Job Location : Mississauga ON
Contract : 12 Months
The goal of the EpiCX Global Integration team is to enable the seamless exchange of data and information within the EpiCX ecosystem and other Client systems in order to build scalable integration
which support key business capabilities and processes.
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for managing implementation of integration projects within the Global Customer Engagement (EpiCX) program.
He/she will focus on delivering global integrated solutions for EpiCX, and will manage incoming Change Requests (CRs) for the integration team.
The PM is accountable for the successful implementation of technology solutions through effective planning and execution throughout all phases of our project management methodology.
Task and Responsibilities
Define, plan, and direct the execution of assigned integration projects for our Pharma IT customers (Commercial, Medical, Affiliate stakeholders) while balancing the competing demands of Product, time, cost, quality, resources, and risk to produce a high quality product
Creating and tracking project plans
Effectively leading and facilitating project meetings
Ensure project objectives/requirements are clear and agreed to by all stakeholders
Manage relationships with various IT, business stakeholders and vendors to achieve project objectives
Facilitate project management activities across the entire project management methodology: Ensure successful and timely completion of deliverables, track progress aProductst baseline schedule, manage project priorities and ensure adherence to the agreed Product.
Monitor, document and Product approval for changes to schedule, cost or project Product.
Proactively conduct risk and issue management planning, identification, analysis and monitoring on projects; formulate risk and issue mitigation strategies, recommend and implement solutions.
Manage the projects across global locations and time zones and be able to travel internationally as needed.
Track project actions and ensure completion. Identify roadblocks and contribute to its solution.
Coordinate analysis and assessment of CRs and its impact on the business/technology landscape.
Identify and align with relevant stakeholders and product teams within the EpiCX program.
Manage resources, delivery and accountability for multiple CRs based on business prioritization
JIRA - Create/Maintain CRs and coordinates across teams to achieve progress.
Maintain dashboard and metrics related to CRs
English( Speak, Read, Write )
Must and Should Haves:
+6 years of experience as IT Project Manager (implementation projects)
Knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies
Very good knowledge of Jira
Experience with CRM solutions
Good skills in handling CRs for complex systems
Experienced in risk and stakeholders management
Understanding of integration and data architectures
Knowledge of Product Ownership/Management and release management
Integration technologies: Mulesoft, ETL, Informatica, Talend
Excellent written and verbal communication in English
Hands-on attitude. Sense of urgency and prioritization skills
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's Degree
Desired Skills and Experience
Senior Program Manager - Regulatory
Opening date:October 08
Closing date: November 08 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Financial Services,
Job Id: 21374974
- Oversees all technology components of diverse, moderately complex IT projects, including project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality and cost.
- Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met.
- Communicates with end-users to provide timely and accurate information and status updates.
- Has shared responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning.
- Contributes to formulation of strategies for IT project leadership and other functional areas.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Applies in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how areas of IT project leadership collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly impacts the IT project leadership area through responsibility for delivery of end results and shared responsibility for budget management; accountable for resource planning.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and contributes to defining standards.
- Persuades and influences others through communication and diplomacy skills; may negotiate with external parties.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years experience in a related technology role with commensurate people management experience
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Technology Project Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Opening date:October 05
Closing date: November 05 2021
On behalf of our client in the Consulting Sector, PROCOM is looking for a Project Manager.
Project Manager – Job Description
- Manage all aspects of project management from discovery through delivery implementation and stabilization
- Create and manage project plans, charters, schedules, budgets, quality, communication, resource and risk management plan
- Provide the direction required to meet the project objectives and commitment
- Analyze and make decisions on projects, considering project benefits, scope, cost, schedule, and quality
- Prepare reports regarding the status of the project
- Ensure appropriate management of stakeholders throughout the project
- Collaborate with the IT PMO to ensure compliance with project standards, processes, tools, and methodology
- Work with the IT Lead and IT Partner to ensure compliance with engagement processes and business partner requirements
- Work with business owners, Solution, System and Enterprise Architects, Technical Subject Matter Experts and vendors to evaluate solutions, based on requirements that meet the organization strategies regarding technical solutions to solve business problems
- Conduct/Lead technical meetings with application owner/s to discuss their current and future needs and gain alignment on timing and schedule of deliverables
- Provide leadership and project management rigor to drive cost, schedule, performance and quality of assigned projects including Scrum activities
- Business case experience: work with business sponsor to put together business case to gain alignment/approval
- Act as prime liaison between Purolator and Third-Party organizations on project-related issues or inquiries
- Oversee integration of the agile team’s deliverables with the project at large, as well as how deliverables may have touchpoints in related sub-domains
- Provide administrative support to enable the Scrum Master to focus on his/her core delivery responsibilities
- Lead or play a key role in Scrum meetings to drive coordination
- Provide and maintain accurate project forecasts
- Ensure global project reporting requirements are delivered in collaboration with the Project Control Officer (“PCO”) such as the reporting of project status of actions, issues, risks
- Ensure all groups are being provided with timely and accurate project information
- Project Resource forecasting and management
- Lead projects for the Commercial Portfolio: Marketing, Corporate Strategy and Sales including new Product Development, Service enhancements and Customer Experience initiatives
- The project is already in execution, so the successful candidate would need to be able to step-in and continue with the project
Project Manager – Mandatory Skills
- Must have Enhanced Reliability clearance with the Government of Canada
- 7+ years of strong project management experience with a focus on Application Development using Cloud technologies, who has a exposure to projects $1M
- A demonstrated track record in large complex programs and projects, working with virtual teams across multiple geographic locations
- Experience in leading complex multi enterprise system initiatives
- Experience in leading RFP, contract negotiation and vendor management
- Project Management: comprehensive knowledge of project/program management methodologies and tools, including Agile methodologies
- Financial Management: strong understanding of key concepts of financial processes such as budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, ROI development, etc.
- Delivery methodology: knowledge and experience in agile / scrum / iterative development
Project Manager – Nice To Have Skills
- Certifications: PMP, ITIL foundations, Agile
- Experience transitioning applications from on-premises to the cloud
- Experience working with ServiceNow
- Knowledge of SAP, JIRA, Salesforce.com, BI Tools
- Transportation industry knowledge is an asset
Project Manager - Assignment Start Date
ASAP – 12 months to start
Project Manager - Assignment Location
Mississauga, ON – Work Remotely