IT project management jobs in North Babylon, NY
Find the IT project management job of your dreams in North Babylon, NY
Senior Manager Program Management
Senior Manager Program Management
39 days ago | North Babylon, New York, United States | Zebra Technologies
Opening date:September 16
Closing date: October 16 2021
At Zebra, we extend the edge of possibility by shaping the future of work on the front line—reinventing how businesses run and moving society forward. We are a community of changemakers, innovators and doers who come together to deliver a performance edge to the front line of business. We develop new technologies and create new solutions with partners to help organizations act with greater visibility, connectivity, and intelligence—delivering better experiences for workers and those they serve.
Build Your Edge. Build What's Next.
Leads programs consisting of multiple, small projects. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, passionate about delivering new or upgraded existing products or services. Handles programs from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of program performance. Ensures that programs are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics by running through Project Managers, each responsible for leading an aspect of the program. Participates in program review and status meetings, and communicates project status. Utilizes six sigma and program management methodologies to ensure maximum program efficiency. Motivates program team to ensure optimal performance. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met. Resolves and develops approach to solutions.
- This role will be based ideally out of our Mississauga Office*
- Leads the development and implementation of a company’s products and services to success
- Acts as project manager - supervising the program from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and leading all aspects of budget/spending. Gathers input from the project team and acts independently to develop a Project Plan for projects of moderate to significant scope which may include novel products or services. Uses established tools, approaches / methodologies and templates to guide and detail the plan and communicate it to the team. Gathers feedback from the team and to revise and complete the Project Plan as needed
- May lead multiple moderate to complex scope projects simultaneously, or manage a larger program directly or through oversight of less senior program managers. Programs may be moderate to complex in nature or one large program with cross-functional teams in numerous locations and timezones or significantly longer in duration.
- Nominates and solicits participation of team members from key partner teams including Offer/Product Management, Engineering, Service / support and other functional groups, set timelines and budgets independently. Acts independently to coach team members to success or replace team members as needed.
- Is responsible for the work of the project team (indirectly supervises) involving members from a wide range of disciplines including engineering, marketing, and operations. Makes decisions independently to shift resources between programs to support success.
- Coordinates cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the program i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints. Owns regular meeting coordination, facilitation and documentation of progress.
- Gathers status updates from the project team and interprets inputs from the team to assemble a consolidated view of status. Provides regular status updates to senior management as advised. Status reports are encouraged to be concise summaries, tailored to the audience which may include VP level team members. Owns ensuring alignment from key leaders of milestone achievement before moving the program forward.
- Recognized as an "expert" in the business function and processes in which the program is operating.
- Can use business/process expertise to identify potential issues, challenge assumptions and effectively participate in solutions discussions. Able to use this knowledge in status updates and presentations, and provide clarifying information where necessary. Understands the strategic business objectives of the program and assumes personal accountability for success of the program against those objectives
- Provides assistance with coordination of deliverables and project assets to assist the project team.
- Personally anticipates and addresses obstacles or issues that are moderate to significant in severity and escalates complex issues to management for assistance. Independently engages additional resources as needed to address obstacles or delays. Adjusts the plan per management guidelines as delays or obstacles are experienced.
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced knowledge / application of basic Program Management techniques and approaches including familiarity with vocabulary. Effectively uses project management tools in scheduling and staffing plans, with an understanding of task durations and dependencies. Develops comprehensive risk management plans. Uses advanced techniques such as Monte Carlo Analysis to determine high-likelihood program durations. Performs critical path analysis to optimize the schedule and minimize the overall duration of the program
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced knowledge of PMI PMBOK and advanced Project/Program Management techniques and approaches. Able to review a number of Project Management techniques and select the most effective ones based on project context.
- Working knowledge of leading-edge technologies such as Monte Carlo schedule analysis, Critical Chain management, etc. Experience with a broad array of project management tools and technologies.
- Demonstrates a proven understanding of development processes and product launch scope and activities. Uses experience and knowledge to identify, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Very limited supervision by management is expected in this position for sophisticated or novel problems.
- May directly supervises one or more less senior Program Managers. Is directly responsible for the success of all programs under their scope.
- Coaches / develops knowledge of subordinate program managers in internal process and key work skills.
- Supports early stage go to market activities and transition to marketing
- Bachelors degree- ideally Engineering or Computer Science degree, or related technical BS degree
- 12+ years experience including PMO experience in product development, with specific responsibilities called out (risk management, managing schedule & budget, etc.)including minimum 2 years as team supervisor / manager/Project leader
- Advanced communication and facilitation skills, including conflict management. Formal training preferred
- Advanced presentation skills. Demonstrated comfort in presenting to executive level cross functional audiences.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of advanced concepts with program management approaches, tools and methodologies.
- Master’s degree
- PMP certification preferred.
- Agile Safe or scrum master certification preferred
- Ability to coach / mentor less senior PMs in PM fundamentals.
- Advanced skills in PC based documentation tools including MS Office and MS Project
- Advanced skills in delegation and follow up
- Demonstrated expert knowledge / experience of technical business unit assigned to (Hardware, Software, Services, etc)
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at ........@zebra.com.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/eeoisthelawposter.pdf The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/ginasupplement.pdf.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.