Project management jobs in Iowa
Find the project management job of your dreams in Iowa
Technical Project Manager
Opening date:July 29
Closing date: August 29 2021
What you will do
Under general direction, acts as the on-site project leader to plan, execute, and complete control systems projects with assigned customers. Performs or delegates tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: hardware design, system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning and project closeout. Responsible for the overall financial results of assigned projects including: costs, project billings, and collections. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results. Actively pursues selling change orders. Coordinates communication with the customer during all phases of the project. Ensures proper execution of warranty. Provides work direction to subcontractors, electrical installers, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards.
How you will do it
- Completes typical installation hardware design and software programming using established standards as required. Provides detailed information to communicate design and operation to customers, Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors.
- Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes. Communicates both technical and business related issues with the clients.
- Manages the selection, ordering, budget and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Secures pricing and availability from outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions. May request several bids in pricing process. Oversees subcontractor payment and billing processes.
- Provides jobsite coordination for panel and field device physical locations. Ensures installation is in accordance with Johnson Controls literature and project requirements.
- Manages and completes the loading, device verification, and commissioning of all system controllers as required. Validates complete system functionality and resolves issues with subcontractors and others to ensure proper operation. Provides accurate project as-built and commissioning documentation.
- Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and technical assistance to System Technicians, Electrical Installers and System Designers. Provides technical assistance to subcontractors. Ensures that delegated tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract.
- Effectively communicates the status of projects to management as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin.
- Sends warranty letter to JCI customer upon substantial completion of project and ensures proper execution of warranty.
- Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources to ensure timely and cost effective installation and completion of assigned projects.
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system in full or with assistance. Ensures owner/operator has been trained. Provides proper documentation and manuals for system operation.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
Desired Skills and Experience
What we look for
- Minimum of a technical Associates Degree with two years of field experience or four years of equivalent related field experience in the HVAC industry.
- Must have relevant technical hands on experience in systems design and commissioning of digital HVAC controls systems.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience. Must demonstrate the ability to perform work independently.
- Strong personal computer skills. Must have knowledge of control theory and HVAC systems.
Knowledge of project accounting, costing principals and contracting preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Senior Project Manager
Staffing and Recruiting
Opening date:July 30
Closing date: August 30 2021
Industry:Staffing and Recruiting,
A Project Manager acts as liaison between the Foreman, the office and customers/vendors. This position will require a high degree of autonomy and decision making with respect to decisions that may ultimately affect the schedule and profitability on assigned projects.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity?
- Opportunity to work for a fast-growing company
- Be part of an organization that provides its employees with the opportunity to grow and be successful
- Work for an innovative company that utilizes top of the line, high quality equipment
- Research documents from customer, architects, etc. to determine the project specs.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities, if necessary.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, materials) from start to finish with attention to budget limitations. Order materials, equipment and schedule deliveries.
- Plan construction operations schedule intermediate phases to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with field crews and give guidance where needed.
- Prepare progress reports compared to estimated reports to establish profitability
- Punch outs and close out Process (Product Warranties, etc.)
- Prep and Management of Submittals
- Preparing change requests and approving change orders and analyzing and working with Administration on monthly progress for draws.
- Analyzes job risks and develops suggestions to eliminate those risks
- Enforces safety and risk management issues
- Assist Estimators in Bidding Projects
- Requires travel as dictated by the job site, customer meetings.
Your success will be measured based on:
- Ability to see projects through to completion on time and within budget
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers, vendors and field staff.
If you think you have what they are looking for contact Tami Manker by emailing your resume to .....@gogpac.com
All Inquiries are Confidential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Scrum Master – Product & Benefits Team
Scrum Master – Product & Benefits Team
1 day ago | Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States | Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Opening date:July 29
Closing date: August 29 2021
About the Career: As a Scrum Master, you are committed to creating high performing scrum teams through increasing team efficiencies and driving accountability to meet committed team deliverables. The Scrum Master will seek to motivate and facilitate the scrum teams to self-organization, high quality, and team ownership. You will work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Our Ideal Candidate: You are an expert at building and fostering relationships (virtually as well as in person). You feel strong when you are reaching across the enterprise to bring the right people to the table. You find it easy to summarize large amounts of information in a way that is consumable by various audiences, up to and including C level. You are confident in your abilities as a Scrum Master and are energized to contribute to our community of practice to share knowledge and learn from other scrum masters. While you may not have insurance industry experience, you are looking forward to learning more about Wellmark and the industry.
Why Wellmark Technology? At a time when technology is creating new business models, disrupting industries and creating valuable experiences for consumers, our role as technology team members must elevate an organization through innovative transformation, modernized technology and delivery of new business strategies, including an aim to continuously evolve and enhance the customer experience. At Wellmark, our technology transformation program is called Ascend and is led by our empowered technology leaders and team members. Together, we are leaning into the future, owning the outcome and working together to transform how we work and what innovative solutions we deliver.
- Bachelor's Degree or direct and applicable work experience
- Minimum 4+ years of industry experience in the IT software development industry; with at least 2 years as a formal Scrum Master and software development project manager with expertise in SDLC and Agile
- Prior experience estimating, developing Sprint planning and plan iterations, leading Scrum activities and meetings/stand-ups, conducting Sprint reviews and demos and retrospective meetings, and leading teams through to successful delivery of software development initiatives
- Agile/Lean mind set of adding value and eliminating waste; including experience working with Agile software project management tools
- Experience with agile business analysis, including documentation of user stories and test requirements, process documentation
- The ability to work well in a team environment and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers
- Ability to identify approaches, risks, mitigation strategies to meet client/functional requirements
- Consulting skills required with, excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Proficient Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project skills, SharePoint
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree
- Possess or is willing to pursue certifications in Scrum, Project Management, or other related certifications. Sigma Green Belt Certified
- Servant Leadership Training
- Certified Scrum Master
- Leads all Scrum Events Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice and guidelines supports the Product Owner in Product Backlog management.
- Ensure everyone has a voice, inviting participation from all.Seek to understand the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms. Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels and move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Responsible for getting teams to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching/development techniques.Works with team to resolve team impediments.Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization. Works with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- Works with the managers and Business Partners to provide feedback and escalate team impediments, assisting with resource activities e.g. infrastructure support, licensing, etc. and team growth.
- Assist with internal communications to other teams, stakeholders, project management, governance, and leadership and external communications including vendors to provide transparency.Collaborate with other teams, stakeholders, managers and vendors on planning and release alignment as needed.
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles. Coaches teams in self-organization and cross-functional skillset and domain knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manager, Program Management - Advanced Programs
Manager, Program Management - Advanced Programs
4 days ago | Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States | Collins Aerospace
Opening date:July 26
Closing date: August 26 2021
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
The Advanced Solutions portfolio in the Communication, Navigation, and Guidance business has an immediate need for a Program Manager in our growing Cyber & Security portfolio. This Program Manager will lead and have profit and loss responsibility for Research & Development programs, both internally and externally funded. The program manager will also lead and organize pursuit and proposal efforts to capture new programs within the Deptartment of Defense and other Agencies. The Program Manager will interface with a cross functional team of other program managers, business development, strategy and engineering personnel to develop transition plans for new technologies and capabilities to business units across Mission Systems to fuel future business growth and solve the most challenging and emerging customer mission problems.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Have demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple efforts simultaneously
- Have demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams
- Have demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members in remote locations and time zones
- Have demonstrated ability to provide positive interface with DoD customers (DARPA, AFRL, NRL, NSA, etc.) and Prime contractors that will be integrating our technology
- Possess current U.S. Secret Clearance Required. Top Secret desired. (Requires US Citizenship)
- Be able to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience OR In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required Engineering/Other Technical Positions:
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Possess or have the ability to possess a clearance up to the TS/SCI level
- Have experience with products and systems in the following areas: cyber security/resiliency, multi-level security (MLS), communications, datalinks, open standards/architectures, and AI/Machine learning
- Have demonstrated ability to recognize, pursue, and capture discretionary offset opportunities (i.e. customer funded R&D) that directly supports business strategies via direct government support or through other contractors
- Have experience with leveraging efforts and technologies from other Collins Aerospace organizations
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some Of Our Competitive Benefits Package Includes
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Wastewater Project Manager/Technologist
Architecture & Planning
Opening date:July 26
Closing date: August 26 2021
Industry:Engineering, Architecture & Planning, Design
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Are you interested in a firm that is a firm that is 100-percent employee owned with full transparency of financial results and a solid record of performance year-to-year? Are you interested in a project delivery company that creates many opportunities for you to advance, succeed and fulfill your career visions? HDR currently has an opening for a Wastewater Project Manager/Technologist to join our team. Primary duties include independently leading multidisciplinary teams to develop facility planning documents, process design, detailed designs, plans, specifications, and estimates for treatment plant upgrades including nutrient removal, biosolids digestion and handling, sidestream treatment and disinfection. The candidate will also support marketing efforts, is expected to be a client manager for multiple clients and be an integral component in the expansion of our wastewater treatment portfolio in the area.
Other specific responsibilities include working directly with clients, wastewater process design, establishing appropriate design methods, report preparation and coordination, equipment sizing and selection, reviewing engineering specifications, and permitting and regulatory compliance. The project manager will be responsible for independently coordinating the work of staff engineers and CADD technicians throughout the development of projects while ensuring deadlines are met and within budget.
The selected candidate will have excellent writing, presentation, and speaking skills, as they will work directly with the owner. The ability to establish client relations is important because they will be involved in client development, marketing, contracting, design, and production.
Keywords: Wastewater, Project Manager, process engineering, treatment plant design, technologist, advanced treatment technologies.
- BS in engineering required; MS in engineering preferred.
- PE Required.
- 10+ years of related experience, including municipal wastewater planning, design, and project management.
- Strong technical background in process design for wastewater treatment facilities.
- Demonstrated business development and strategic planning skills.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work both independently and collaboratively with project teams
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience handling multiple assignments.
- Experience leading teams and coordinating project details.
- Preference given to local candidates.
- Active in area municipal wastewater industry associations is a strong plus.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant in our employee-owned culture is a must.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
United States-Iowa-Des Moines
United States-Iowa-Cedar Rapids, United States-Nebraska-Omaha, United States-Nebraska-Lincoln
Pump Stations and Pipelines
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity in all of our offices. USA: We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law. CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
Health and safety is also our priority. For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy. If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.
Implementation Project Manager - Electric Meter Data Management (MDM)
Implementation Project Manager - Electric Meter Data Management (MDM)
9 days ago | Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States | NISC
Opening date:July 22
Closing date: August 22 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Computer Software, Telecommunication,
National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) is an information technology company that develops and supports software and hardware solutions for our Member/Owners who are primarily utility and telecommunications cooperatives and companies across the nation. NISC is an industry leader providing advanced, integrated IT solutions for consumer and subscriber billing, accounting, engineering and operations, as well as many other leading-edge IT solutions. NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld's Best Places to Work survey for eighteen consecutive years and we are looking for qualified individuals to join our Team.
NISC is seeking an individual to join our Professional Services Division, implementing projects that allow utilities to utilize Smart Grid solutions. This role consists of implementing the NISC Meter Data Management System (MDMS) and integrating utility specific Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI) offerings with the NISC Customer Care and Billing (CC&B). You will play a pivotal role in ensuring the utilities successful incorporation and utilization of cutting edge technology for a smarter grid. We are seeking an individual with a strong customer focus, enjoys learning in a fast-paced environment, and can manage a high volume of short-term projects.
Learn more about MDM here.
- Setup, configure, test and successfully integrate a 3rd party AMI system with the NISC MDMS.
- Clearly define and execute on each projects scope, expectations, and timelines with the customer.
- Help define and workflow the equipment life cycle processes with each of the vendors and technologies utilized by the customer.
- Lead the setup and testing of the automated reading process with the technology available to the customer, such as SFTP or Webservice.
- Lead the setup and testing of the Validation, Estimation, and Editing (VEE) process within the NISC MDMS
- Lead the analysis and mapping of reading data into the NISC MDMS
- Present and share software application usage information and best practices with Member/Customers as it relates to assigned project plan.
- Assist in validating and verifying the accuracy of converted data.
- Assist and provide application support throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist with basic level conversion analysis.
- Prepare Change Requests (CRs) and follow up through resolution.
- Perform after hours call support as assigned.
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Generally, requires 2 - 5 years of product usage or implementation experience.
- Basic knowledge and experience configuring application(s) and testing functionality within the application(s) during an implementation
- Basic knowledge and experience of utility CC&B, MDMS, and AMI systems for electric, water, or gas is considered a plus.
- Basic level knowledge of the Utility or Telecom industries.
- Basic level knowledge of Project Management processes and theory.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic level presentation and training skills.
- Excellent telephone/email etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Member/Customers.
- Basic research and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Basic level ability to organize and prioritize.
- Basic level ability to set and manage internal and external Member/Customer expectations.
- Ability to analyze data and draw meaningful business conclusions relevant to Project Management.
- Basic level ability to demonstrate initiative and accountability.
- Basic level ability to multi task and time manage.
- Moderate level ability to demonstrate professionalism.
- Basic level ability to troubleshoot.
- Basic level understanding of change management best practices.
- Basic level knowledge of Utility/Telecom software and software integrations.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position
Desired Education and/or Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience preferred
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.