Project management jobs in engineering
Find the project management job of your dreams in the engineering industry
Technical Project Manager
Opening date:July 29
Closing date: August 29 2021
What you will do
Under general direction, acts as the on-site project leader to plan, execute, and complete control systems projects with assigned customers. Performs or delegates tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: hardware design, system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning and project closeout. Responsible for the overall financial results of assigned projects including: costs, project billings, and collections. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results. Actively pursues selling change orders. Coordinates communication with the customer during all phases of the project. Ensures proper execution of warranty. Provides work direction to subcontractors, electrical installers, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards.
How you will do it
- Completes typical installation hardware design and software programming using established standards as required. Provides detailed information to communicate design and operation to customers, Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors.
- Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes. Communicates both technical and business related issues with the clients.
- Manages the selection, ordering, budget and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Secures pricing and availability from outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions. May request several bids in pricing process. Oversees subcontractor payment and billing processes.
- Provides jobsite coordination for panel and field device physical locations. Ensures installation is in accordance with Johnson Controls literature and project requirements.
- Manages and completes the loading, device verification, and commissioning of all system controllers as required. Validates complete system functionality and resolves issues with subcontractors and others to ensure proper operation. Provides accurate project as-built and commissioning documentation.
- Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and technical assistance to System Technicians, Electrical Installers and System Designers. Provides technical assistance to subcontractors. Ensures that delegated tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract.
- Effectively communicates the status of projects to management as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin.
- Sends warranty letter to JCI customer upon substantial completion of project and ensures proper execution of warranty.
- Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources to ensure timely and cost effective installation and completion of assigned projects.
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system in full or with assistance. Ensures owner/operator has been trained. Provides proper documentation and manuals for system operation.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
Desired Skills and Experience
What we look for
- Minimum of a technical Associates Degree with two years of field experience or four years of equivalent related field experience in the HVAC industry.
- Must have relevant technical hands on experience in systems design and commissioning of digital HVAC controls systems.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience. Must demonstrate the ability to perform work independently.
- Strong personal computer skills. Must have knowledge of control theory and HVAC systems.
Knowledge of project accounting, costing principals and contracting preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Project Manager, Instrumentation & Monitoring
Opening date:July 28
Closing date: August 28 2021
Dare to join Englobe
Englobe, and its more than 2,600 people concerned about the environment daily, engage in sustainable engineering, process soils and biomass, and manage the quality and integrity of assets.
At Englobe, we adopt innovative, human-centered management. We welcome new ideas and are open to discussion. We are determined to succeed in partnership with our teams.
- a full range of benefits (group insurance with shared costs upon hiring, group RRSP).
- an annual reimbursement of sports expenses
- Opportunities for skills development
- Flexible hours and ability to compress working hours
- Internal policy to encourage telecommuting.
Dare Englobe and lead a career marked by growth and accomplishments.
As an Project manager, Instrumentation & Monitoring, you will work in collaboration with the Engineering team.
Your Main Responsibilities Will Be
- Apply and promote Englobe’s health and safety rules
- Manage multiple projects of various sizes from start to finish
- Coordinate, supervise and perform field and office responsibilities.
- Manage and/or generate deliverable documentation of various projects including technical monitoring plans, monitoring reports and project submittals.
- Prepare proposals and qualification packages.
- Consistently execute prescribed technical procedures and work plans.
- Participate in project management meetings, office meetings, health, and safety inspections.
- Actively marketing the company’s products and services to new and existing clients through business development initiatives.
- Flexibility and adaptability to scheduling changes and occasional overtime, evening, or weekend work.
- Travel between worksites as required.
- Maintain a commitment to exceeding client expectations by consistently delivering high quality of work.
- Consistently maintain professionalism and objectivity while working with colleagues and clients who require varying degrees of support.
- Handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy to maintain positive working relationships with all internal and external contacts.
- Conduct project administration tasks as required, including timesheet generation and project invoicing.
- University Degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field.
- Possession of a Professional Engineering (P.Eng) designation required;
- Minimum of 3-8 years’ Post-designation experience required.
- Experience in Geotechnical Instrumentation and Monitoring of public infrastructure during construction. Have knowledge and understanding of monitoring instruments and their uses.
- Experience in pre-condition surveys and noise and vibration monitoring
- Experience and knowledge with Geotechnical drilling, settlement analyses, slope stability assessments and concrete and compaction testing, would be an asset.
- Experience writing proposals, specifications, case studies, technical and non-technical reports.
- Working knowledge of both provincial and federal environmental regulations would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to complex topics and concepts, working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently problem-solve, tackle new assignments and multi-task in a busy work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to perform detailed analysis in various software programs.
- Previous consulting experience is an asset.
- Possession of or eligibility to obtain Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and consideration for occupational health and safety.
Englobe welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Senior Asbestos Project Manager
Opening date:July 28
Closing date: August 28 2021
See Terracon’s Safety Response to Covid-19 below
Who wouldn’t want to work for the #1 ranked Asbestos and Lead Abatement Design firm in the US? Our Minneapolis MN office has a great opportunity for an Asbestos Senior Project Manager.
To be successful in this role, you will have a good understanding of local, state, and federal regulations and be an expert in the field of managing various types of IH/Asbestos projects. You could potentially work on lead-based paint assessments/abatement, microbial and moisture assessment/remediation, exposure monitoring and management and proper disposal of hazardous wastes projects. We work with large and small commercial clients, oil and gas companies, local governments, as well as health care and educational institutes where you will have the opportunity to build lasting relationships by delivering responsive and resourceful solutions in a reliable manor.
Essential Roles And Responsibilities
- Sample suspect asbestos-containing building materials in accordance with AHERA guidelines and perform visual inspections for asbestos-containing material during site inspections.
- Perform oversight and air monitoring during asbestos abatement projects. Manage all aspects of a large scale and complex project.
- Works with client to define project scope, schedule and budget
- Leads interactions with client and stakeholders to ensure their goals are being considered in execution of the work
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing a project.
- Leads safety efforts including preparation and compliance with approved safety plan
- Resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Identify, develop, and gather necessary resources to complete the project.
- Prepare designs and work specifications; develop schedules, budgets and forecasts; select materials, equipment, project staff, and contractors.
- Estimate costs, resources, and time required to complete.
- Prepares forecasts for expenditures and manages scope, schedule to meet budget
- Monitor activities, allocate resources, and assign tasks to ensure targets are met.
- Partner with other departments or offices to secure specialized resources for the project.
- Conduct project meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team.
- Coach and mentor project staff and assist them to solve problems.
- Coordinates with APR to ensure appropriate oversight is in place and sufficient time allowed for quality reviews
- Coordinates with accounting for financial management of business intelligence, invoicing and collections
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or similar and a minimum of 10 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG) or similar professional registration/certification relevant to the type of services and projects being managed
Terracon’s Safety Response to COVID-19
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
As We Continue Our Vision Of Being “Best At People,” Here Are Some Of The Things Terracon Is Doing To Safeguard Every Employee-owner
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night.
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Mechanical Engineering Project Manager
Mechanical Engineering Project Manager
2 days ago | Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States | Trane Technologies
Opening date:July 28
Closing date: August 28 2021
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Our Thermo King business is connecting our transport HVAC and refrigeration products and providing digital solutions to help our customers efficiently protect drivers, passengers, and cargo. Using our connected solutions, our customers reduce fuel consumption, carbon emissions, and downtime while increasing the comfort and safety of passengers and shelf life of cargo, including essential cargo like food and pharmaceuticals.
We are hiring a Mechanical Engineering Project Manager in our Minneapolis, MN office that will provide Mechanical and Project Engineering support for Thermo King products in the Thermo King Compressor Portfolio. This individual will be applying Engineering principles and technical rigor to develop solutions that satisfy compressor component product requirements, cost, quality and schedule.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Present Independent Design Reviews and Gate Meetings to clearly communicate technical risk, project risk, project plans, and adherence to standard work.
- Host engineering and project meetings with both suppliers and internal across functions to drive project timing, and project and part risk reduction.
- Lead project risk identification meetings.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of engineering designs, drawings, documentation and Bill of Materials.
- Maintain orderly project records. Analyze, condense, and present data results and recommendations.
- Develop project plans, prioritize tasks, and write clear technical requirements in collaboration with product development teams and suppliers, and present materials in formal and informal environments.
- Provide guidance and leadership to lab technicians and other team members.
- Author lab test plans, conduct testing, analyze and interpret results and execute design updates based on the results.
- Domestic and international travel (up to 20%) may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Metallurgical preferred), and at least 3-5 years experience in engineering or product development is required.
- Experience presenting to engineering leadership. Ability to quickly and efficiently understand, condense, and organize information to enable the team to make informed engineering decisions.
- Self-motivated with strong collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams spread across multiple geographical regions.
- Strong project planning / management and organizational skills.
- Pro/Engineer or Creo proficiency strong plus. Familiarity with Windchill is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in CNC machined components, aluminum alloys, steel alloys, and cast iron is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of refrigeration system technologies, thermodynamics, and fluid dynamics is a plus.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Senior Environmental Project Manager
Opening date:July 28
Closing date: August 28 2021
At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently searching for an Senior Environmental Project Manager to join our team in Brampton, ON. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter with 10 plus years of experience in environmental site assessment and consulting services.
- Project management duties primarily focused on Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments to CSA and O.Reg. 153/04 requirements;
- Experience in risk assessment, remedial design and site remediation, including ISCO and bioremediation is preferred;
- Experience in completing peer review of technical documents and reports;
- Draw on technical skills and expertise to design, install, and conduct ongoing maintenance of remediation systems;
- Proposal preparation;
- Budget tracking and cost control;
- Report preparation;
- Review and evaluate technical work of other staff;
- Maintain excellent client relationships in various industries;
- Working with clients, junior staff, and project managers.
The Skills, Knowledge, And Ability We Seek
- 10+ years of experience in site remediation and environmental assessments;
- P.Eng. or P.Geo. license in Ontario (or equivalent designation from another Province or the US);
- University degree in a related field of study such as Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Hydrogeology or Geology;
- Excellent business development skills with an entrepreneurial sense of drive to service existing clients and generate new business;
- Highly technical abilities in environmental site assessment, remediation design, combined with a mechanical aptitude;
- Knowledge of risk assessment/remediation systems/techniques;
- Extensive working knowledge with Ontario Regulation 153/04, as amended (including filing of Record of Site Condition);
- Expertise in managing a team, budget management, report preparation, and client relationship management;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as advanced technical writing abilities;
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and put forth creative solutions.
What EXP Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America provide the passion and expertise needed to deliver successful projects around the world.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it is a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com .
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression.
Should you need any special accommodations, please feel free to contact us at @exp.com and we will arrange for the most suitable accommodations based on your needs.
For all applicants within the United States, EXP ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Project Manager - Instrument & Electrical
Oil and Energy
Opening date:July 26
Closing date: August 26 2021
Industry:Oil and Energy, Engineering,
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently searching for a Project Manager who has an Instrument & Electrical background and is experienced in the chemical manufacturing industry. As the Project Manager you will be responsible for managing small facility based projects in an active chemical manufacturing plant as part of our customer's capital project’s group in Bayport, Texas.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Ensure that clear and complete scopes, schedules, and budgets are prepared and accepted by the client for assigned projects
- Develop and documents the execution plan for each project which is scaled to the size and complexity of that project
- Determine the resources needed by the project in order to execute it efficiently
- Is responsible for applying sound engineering practices
- Provide guidance to the project team to accomplish the scope of work and achieve project goals, schedule milestones and cost & quality objectives
- Responsible for prompt recognition, documentation, and communication of scope and design changes and for client authorization prior to scope changes
- Maintain and tracks scope, schedule, cost, and quality trends throughout the project
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all deliverables and services provided by the project
- Hold regular project meetings and communicates regularly to keep all team members and project stake holders up to date on the status of the project, progress against milestones, costs, schedule progress, and other critical or contractual items
- Work with on-site and external construction and maintenance contractors to assure that projects are completed as intended
- Has responsibility for project completion, including quality of deliverables, and closeout
Skills / Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar degree
- 10+ years of Industrial Experience working as a project engineer or project manager
- Experience managing projects in a chemical manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of and experience with the instrumentation and electrical technology currently being used in the chemical manufacturing industry
- A pro-active approach to solving problems and getting the job done
- Ability to quickly comprehend the scope of work for a project
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good presentation skills
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Professional Engineering License (P.E.) a plus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.