Construction project management jobs in Richmond, VA
Find the contruction project management job of your dreams in Richmond, VA
Senior Facilities Project Manager
Oil and Energy
Opening date:July 24
Closing date: August 24 2021
Industry:Construction, Oil and Energy,
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
This position manages major capital projects related to Facilities construction, including, but not limited to, new construction of commercial and operating facilities, greenfield construction, full renovations of existing buildings, and other projects supporting corporate and business unit operations.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Manages a portfolio of projects totaling $1 million - $20 million.
- Provides business development support, site development, permitting support, scope development, contract negotiations, architectural contracts, engineering contracts, procurement contracts, construction contracts, construction activities, commissioning, and transition to commercial operation. Applies relevant building construction and engineering principles in civil, mechanical, electrical, structural projects, and related technologies for project completion.
- Manages project budget, timeline and full project schedule, coordinating with all affected groups.
- Prepares scopes of work and cost estimates by working with facility customers, management, and contractors.
- Where applicable, ensures facility designs align with LEED building construction requirements.
- Works with Procurement, leveraging purchasing power and competition to minimize costs.
- Analyzes and suggests alternative solutions, maximizing value through engineering.
- Develops and manages project estimates, budgets, and schedules.
- Tracks all financial activity, using internal finance software.
- Reviews and tracks contracts, submittals, and change orders.
- Ensures contractors are complete work per established agreements, and within established safety and environmental protocols.
- Leads and manages large and diverse stakeholder teams representing multiple business units, levels of management, and priorities.
- Ensures site safety, environmental, and construction activity is performed in accordance with Dominion Energy policy, local regulations, and state regulations.
- Responds to contractor performance problems. Manages payment and contractual decisions.
- Resolves customer concerns or complaints.
- Coordinates hand-off of completed projects to Operations & Maintenance groups.
- Ensures all projects are completed “on time, on scope, and on budget.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
5+ years demonstrated project management experience. (Note: A Master's degree will count as one year of experience. A partial year of six months or more will be rounded up to one year).
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities And Experience Include
- Familiar with LEED building practices.
- Fully proficient in site safety, environmental, and construction requirements of facility construction project practices, in accordance with Dominion Energy policy and local and state regulations, permitting, legal, and code requirements.
- Fully proficient in applying relevant building construction and engineering principles in civil, mechanical, electrical, structural projects, and related technologies for project completion.
- Fully proficient in Dominion Energy’s SAP finance system and budget management practices.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, facilitation, and presentation capabilities.
- Well-versed in using a smartphone, email, and other digital communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint).
- Ability to manage projects generally between $1 million - $20 million (e.g. new construction, greenfield construction, full office renovations).
- Ability to manage multiple projects over a large geographic territory simultaneously.
- Ability to build, motivate, and manage large and diverse stakeholder teams representing many different departments, business units, priorities and interests.
- Ability to work with Real Estate and Environmental groups, reviewing potential new land and property acquisitions for new construction.
- Ability to develop high-level project estimates.
- Ability to resolve contractor performance issues and manage conflict effectively. Ability to read, interpret, and communicate construction drawings & specifications.
- Ability to represent the project and the company in public forums.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined above.
- Military service members and veterans with ranks from E5-E9, W1-CW5, or O3-O6, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience are encouraged to apply.
Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor
Disciplines: Preferred: Architecture; Building & Construction; Civil Engineering; Construction Management
Other disciplines may be substituted for the preferred discipline(s) listed above.
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Office Work Environment 76 -100%
Other Working Conditions
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here dombenefits.com.
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Process Excellence Software Project Manager
Process Excellence Software Project Manager
12 days ago | Richmond, Virginia, United States | Dematic
Opening date:July 18
Closing date: August 18 2021
Industry:Construction, Information Technology, Computer Software,
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 10,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
- Process improvement PM leads and guides project teams in understanding the importance of unified vision and common goals to achieve Software Objectives and Key Results. The PM will lead and direct others in deploying and improving processes and tools for large and complex software projects and internal initiatives.
- Identification, development, and management of key initiatives for process improvement.
- Completes complex projects and performs project organization, definition, planning, implementation and control, with support of global software execution teams.
- Delivers program objective using process innovation, process excellence, lean six sigma principles, change management methodology and tools.
- Drives process measurement including project scorecards and other metrics.
- Conduct required project meetings including Kaizen workshops, core team, steering committee meetings
- Manage project schedule
- Risk and opportunity management, including risk mitigation strategies and actions
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree required.BA, BS, or Master’s degree in organizational development, Software Engineering, Business Administration preferred.
- Lean Six sigma Green belt or Black belt, PM certification, change management strongly preferred.
Experience Expectations / Required Skills & Capabilities
- 3-5 years of project management, change management and process improvement experience , preferably in the field of Software Project Execution. Including a high degree of lean six sigma knowledge and experience.
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute change management strategies and tactical plans in complex projects focused on performance improvement.
- Ability to apply change management mythologies to promote change initiatives and lead global adoption.
- Ability to create business cases to support change, and to identify critical factors in planning change for a global team.
- Proven experience in leading changes, evaluate results and make recommendations to develop and sustain change.
- Experience in the analysis of performance metrics.
- Excellent communication, influencing, and leadership skills at all levels, and competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of leaders including internal stakeholders, customers and vendors and be a trusted advisor.
- Demonstrated outstanding team building skills with the ability to improve interaction and efficiency as well as the ability to break down barriers / silos.
- Effective skills in communicating project-related status and issues to project team and the company executives.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management
Opening date:July 07
Closing date: August 07 2021
Industry:Construction, Information Technology, Financial Services,
Location Richmond, VA (On-Premises)
Primary Office Richmond
2812 East Parham Road
Henrico, VA 23228
Duration Full Time
Desired Education Bachelors
Desired Experience 7-10 Years
Minimum of three years of previous, relevant engineering, field service or project management experience preferred
Experience in one or more of the following industries preferred: electronic, fire alarm & life safety
Minimum Of Five Years Of Project Supervisory Experience Required
Responsibilities 1.Manages, oversees and coordinates all aspects for all types of projects including the largest and most complex projects from award through completion of project, including: overall site management of project(s) for successful and timely completion within budget as required by the contract. Handles multiple projects simultaneously. Prepares project installation plan, manages the plan and prepares and implements job procedures.
- Translates a wide variety of customer needs / requires originality and ingenuity with new and unique approaches into detailed proposals and project implementation plans to meet Customer needs; reviews and approves estimated costs prior to bid; provision of technical assistance to sales force as, and when required; supervision of project design engineering; supervision of installation labor and subcontractors; preparation of project schedules, subcontracts, change proposals, project invoices; manages collections on projects.
- Proactively communicates project requirements to project team and the wider organization when required, and maintains accurate and up to date records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records necessary for processing of internal and external reports.
- Acts as our customers best service provider at all times, thereby ensuring Convergint Technologies is the customers first choice for service.
- Identifies potential project risks and then develops/implements strategies to minimize impact and control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines. Evaluates current systems for cost reduction and product improvement.
- Proactively communicates project schedules, project change proposals and related project activities on a regular basis with customer and seek to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates the procurement of materials, supplies, services and controls as necessary for timely and cost effective completion of project within budget.
- Establishes project milestones and analyzes costs; utilizes financial systems to review actual vs. estimated job cost and to provide timely and accurate project cost reports; identifies reasons for low job site productivity and determine impact on the project; adjusts or corrects project plan and/or project cost estimates as necessary to meet financial goals.
- Manages the execution and review of all scope of work, terms and conditions in customer contracts including cost control, delivery fulfillment, and quality of service and other customer requirements as they arise. May originate and apply new approaches to installation methods.
- May have direct reports and perform managerial responsibilities including but not limited to: the mentoring, coaching and developing of colleagues; interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning and directing work; performance management; project budget. Oversees subcontractor selection process and work.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Skills Expert project management experience in a technical environment ( fire alarm systems, and/or electronic security systems)
Advanced coaching, mentoring, and staff development skills; solid leadership orientation Actively seeks ways in which to act as a role model, guide, develop and mentor others within the organization
Advanced team leadership, team building and facilitation of skills
Shows initiative regularly engages in proactive behavior and looks for opportunities
Extremely adaptable responds effectively to changes in situation or information; ability to influence others and build consensus using advanced written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Excellent analytical skills necessary to resolve problems and look for solutions; strong conflict resolution skills
Advanced financial analytical skills including cost control
Expert ability to facilitate a collaborative working environment for customers and team members
Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel, Word and Power Point skills; solid programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
Other Industry-specific certifications and/or licenses preferred; Must have valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
The position is primarily office-based with periodic visits to work sites in the field. The colleague performs some work-related travel.
Convergint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
All applications and resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Convergint Technologies is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Convergint Technologies offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at uscareers.convergint.com/careers .
Permitting Project Manager
Oil and Energy
Opening date:July 08
Closing date: August 08 2021
Industry:Construction, Oil and Energy, Financial Services,
At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
The candidate for th e Permitting Project Manager position will be based out of our Richmond, Virginia office. Duties will include project management of permitting and land use entitlement, coordination with AHJs and other agencies. The position involves coordination with developers, real estate, execution, community relations and other groups within sPower, and across multiple offices. The successful candidate will have the aptitude to succeed in managing multiple projects and supporting business development efforts in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- 3-5+ years of experience in permitting utility scale solar development
- Exceptional organizational, communication, deci sion making/ problem solving, analytical and time management skills.
- Independent thinker able to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to produce error-free work under deadline .
- T eam player with strong initiative , able to work autonomously to complete tasks .
- Track record of ability to instill confidence as a credible, reliable and expert support resource for team members in technical matters.
- Passion for the renewable energy industry.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
The Permitting Project Manager will partner with cross-functional teams in activities leading to the successful execution and delivery /hand off of new solar projects to the Execution Team for construction and operations . Specific duties will include:
Secure land use permits for new and acquired solar power generating facilities across multiple local, state, and federal jurisdictions .
Manage technical and environmental studies for PV solar and battery storage development.
Identify and implement novel mitigation strategies to reduce project cost and impact .
Successfully negotiate project design and mitigation measure with local, state, and federal regulators to ensure project success .
Manage contractors, vendors, and consultants to maintain project timeline and budget.
Draft original text for use in project origination support, public education, and investor reporting materials .
Once a project is permitted , seamless ly transfer to the Construction team Project Manager (PM) for construction management . Provide ongoing support to the PM, and environmental permitting compliance manager as required, throu ghout the construction process.
Assist with permitting and environmental compliance throughout the construction and operation of projects .
Act as a representative for sPower in meetings with the community, elected officials, and regulators .
Assist in cost reduction initiatives, vendor development, and invoice audits .
Desired Skills And Expertise
- Proven track record of expertise in development, preferably in utility-scale renewables environment.
- Experience with solar permitting in PJM, MISO, and NYISO
- Knowledge of renewable energy policy and initiatives ( Va Clean Economy Act)
- K nowledge of VA SCC CPCN, VA PBR, USACE, VDEQ, and similar land use entitlement and permitting processes .
- Project and case management skills including a strong aptitude for managing and prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate efficiently in verbal and written correspondence .
- Experienced in environmental analysis and environmental regulations.
- K nowl edge of solar renewable energy construction process ; r eal estate development ; renewable energy projects/as sets evaluation and acquisition .
- Microsoft Office, project management software.
- BA/ BS degree .
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Account Lead / Senior Project Manager
Opening date:July 07
Closing date: August 07 2021
Industry:Construction, Engineering, Management Consulting,
Arcadis seeks an Account Lead / Senior Project Manager to join our team in the DC Metro and Mid-Atlantic area to lead and direct the development of water and wastewater opportunities as a client-facing project director / manager in our seller-doer model.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join our team locally with support from one of the best-qualified full-service water consulting firms in the country. The successful candidate, with the support of a strong internationally recognized staff, will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge of water and wastewater planning and design engineering, along with a proven reputation for excellence in client management / business development to successfully win and execute projects.
Role & Responsibilities-
- Overseeing the planning, design, and construction administration of projects to ensure compliance with contracts, drawings, specifications, codes, statutes, rules, and regulations, as well as Arcadis quality and safety practices.
- Communicating with clients, establishing goals and objectives for project teams, and scheduling and coordinating resources to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the performance expectations of the client.
- Providing technical expertise on multi-disciplined projects as a QA/QC reviewer, technical advisor, or design leader.
- Managing small to large sized, multi-disciplined, municipal water / wastewater projects, including client interactions and leading project teams in successful project delivery with respect to scope, schedule, quality, and budget.
- Participate actively in the marketing and proposal phases of projects including scope development, development of value propositions, client interviews and contract execution.
- This position would also support in the development of junior staff, development of conceptual drawings, coordination of work with GEC, development of BODR and PERs, alternative analysis, working with our cost estimating team and development of project documents.
- Provide technical leadership and project management for water and wastewater treatment facilities upgrades and sewer and water pipeline rehabilitation and replacement design. Experience with pump station design in water and sewer networks is desirable.
- Existing relationships with municipal clients in the DC/Baltimore Metro area and/or Mid-Atlantic area would be desirable.
- Excellent technical engineering skills.
- Strong, clear, and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Leads teams and collaborates with clients.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Client relationships/experience with the local municipalities.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience
- Must have Project Management experience on municipal water, wastewater, or stormwater projects of various sizes.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering in Civil, Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- P.E. License and ability to acquire PE Licensure in Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland within 6 months
- Experience preparing, reviewing, and approving project drawings, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates.
- Master's in Civil, Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 20 years’ experience.
- Existing relationships with municipal clients in the DC/Baltimore Metro area and/or Mid-Atlantic area is desirable.
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis- 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Water is the world’s most critical resource. At Arcadis, we work tirelessly to help protect this natural resource, focusing on the entire water cycle. From source to tap, managing rivers and coast zones, urban and rural water supply, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels, our specialists, engineers and scientists help address all of the challenges facing water. Using cutting-edge technologies, collaborating to develop innovative solutions and tapping into global learning development resources, we are uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water services that support the demand of a rapidly changing world. Join our team to start improving quality of life today.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Project Manager - Southeast
Oil and Energy
Opening date:July 05
Closing date: August 05 2021
Industry:Construction, Oil and Energy, Engineering,
Requisition ID: 121959
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for job site management and oversee the administrative and technical aspects of construction projects.
Kiewit’s mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we are building hospitals to support the community, boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit's Southeast District is one of Kiewit's leading infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil, transportation, and water resource markets. Projects you could be working on could include building bridges, airports, mass transit systems, canals, dams, pump stations or tunnels. Although most of our work is regionally based in the southeast region of the United States, we also pursue various projects stretching across the east coast. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about infrastructure and committed to the construction industry as opposed to design.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
- Budget and schedule development and maintenance
- Assuring quality control, contract compliance and administration
- Project administration systems management and management of assigned job site personnel.
- Administering safety programs and maintaining good owner relations.
- Ability to travel and relocate as needed
- 8+ years' experience in managing all aspects of working on infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, dams, water/wastewater treatment plants etc.)
- Degree in construction engineering, construction management or a related degree or comparable work experience.
- Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization/time management skills
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.