Construction project management jobs in Rochester, NY
Find the construction project management job of your dreams in Rochester, NY
Senior Project Manager Construction
Senior Project Manager Construction
5 days ago | Rochester, New York, United States | Christa Construction, LLC
Opening date:October 20
Closing date: November 20 2021
Senior Project Manager
- Provide managerial leadership for Christa Construction, LLC, promoting Customer Satisfaction through quality, service and value. This position requires the individual to have the personal attributes to manage, direct, mentor and support employees through their daily work while demonstrating Christa’s corporate philosophy of outstanding business ethics and principles.
- Manage, direct, organize, coordinate and schedule the work of the staff in their respective corporate division
- Insure that projects are being managed effectively and efficiently operated
- Responsible for the profitability of assigned projects and the completion of work per schedule utilizing corporate standard operating procedures to accomplish this goal
- Responsible for complete Customer Satisfaction by meeting and or exceeding customer expectations. Customers include Owners, Architects, Contractors, Subcontractors, Vendors and Employees
- Solicit, purchase, write, and manage contracts, Contractors and Vendors in the execution of work
- Solicit, procure and manage the labor, material and equipment necessary to execute the work of several projects
- Actively participate in the solicitation and procurement of new and future work and clients. The Development of future business is the responsibility of all Senior Managers=
- Actively participate in the solicitation and procurement of new and future employees
- Insure that standard administrative operating procedures are being complied with
- Actively participate in the community outside of the workplace
- Schedule, direct and take notes for all PM/OACM meetings
Autonomy and Accountability
- Objectives and how the objectives are achieved will be defined either by the direct supervisor or by explicit procedures and rules. Situations not covered by rules or procedures are referred to supervisor. All assignments, including the performance of tasks and activities, are reviewed by supervisor in detail with the employee.
Type of Technology, Equipment, Tool
Measure of Performance
- Projects are managed effectively and efficiently
- Solicitation and Procurement of new business
- Community Involvement
- Owners and architects’ expectations are met or exceeded through feedback obtained
- Overall project success with special consideration to schedule, project team and profit
- Proper attendance, attire, professionalism and overall attiitude
Project Manager - Fire/Water/Mold
Opening date:October 16
Closing date: November 16 2021
Reports To: Director of Operations
What does a Project Manager - Fire/Water/Mold with Paul Davis do?
Lead a team of hardworking individuals serving others within your community
Make a difference for others that have had a disaster strike their property
Take pride when your team completes mitigation projects on budget with an exceptional customer experience
Be empathetic and show a sense of urgency while communicating through modern technology
Why Join The Team? Paul Davis is an industry leader in restoration and reconstruction for insurance providers and commercial properties throughout the United States and Canada. We are growing locally and have career opportunities for individuals who want purpose out of their work. We love creating an opportunity for our team members, providing industry training and giving Project Managers the opportunity to become experts in the field through certifications and Paul Davis University.
Built upon principles of customer service, dynamic decision-making and leadership, we have the tools to continue our rapid growth. Our team puts emphasis into living our Vision, Mission and Values to be more than just a service provider – our Project Managers are leading their teams to be first on site after disasters strike (i.e. floods, fires) and will be directing the mitigation crews to restore the property. You are essential to coordinate teams effectively and ensure that jobs are performed profitably.
Values: Deliver what you promise. Respect the individual. Have pride in what you do. Practice continuous improvement.
Vision: To provide extraordinary care while serving people in their time of need.
Mission: To provide opportunities for great people to deliver Best in Class results.
Why The Team Needs You? Serving others after a disaster has struck their property is not easy. Everyone within Paul Davis needs to have a world-class work ethic, serious attention to detail and love to help people. It is challenging to make customers happy when faced with a traumatic event but you will love being a Project Manager if you take pride in your work and have fun while working with others. You will be practicing continuous improvement every day as you work to improve performance of your team!
Team Compensation And Benefits
Leadership Development - our company grows from the inside. If you are determined and motivated enough, ask about participation in our leadership development initiative to grow your career and explore new opportunities
Monthly cross-training opportunities to advance your career
Health, dental and vision insurance
401k with company match
Great culture and team dynamic
Salary Plus commission pay: $60,000 to $85,000/yr
Team Qualifications (Requirements)
Desire to join a world-class team and contribute a positive attitude
Dedication to customer service
Ability to lead others from diverse backgrounds
Fluent in English
Valid driver's license with a clean record
Have the ability to work nights/weekends and overtime, if needed
Desire to continually learn new things
Role On The Team (Job Responsibilities)
Ensuring the teams performance of tarping, board up, water mitigation, mold remediation, environmental services and carpet cleaning/re-installation services in accordance to Paul Davis and industry specifications.
Focus and dedication to providing excellent customer service.
Assist other team members when needed and foster a positive working relationship with other departments.
Be a great representative of our brand!
Ensure your crews are ready at all times and every morning to handle the day through a team huddle.
Meet clients and adjusters on site to assist in issue resolution and provide professional opinion.
Re-inspect job sites for quality control.
Issue resolution - be the point of contact for customers if they have any questions and/or concerns and resolve those in effective and timely manner.
Maintain inventory of clean, properly stocked and organized trucks along with all company equipment.
Be accessible by phone and participate, as necessary, in the on-call schedule.
Please apply if you think you have what it takes to serve others and deliver a world-class service when others need it the most. We are looking forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
We support and hire Veterans and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Tunnel Project Manager
Opening date:October 07
Closing date: November 07 2021
- This job will require relocation to TBD regional project.
Tunnel Project Manager opportunity with Traylor Bros., Inc!
Traylor Bros., Inc. (TBI) is one of the most respected and sought-after tunneling firms in a very specialized industry. We are one of the few companies that possess the ability to complete the most technically demanding underground projects, whether soft ground or hard rock. Our track record of more than 110 projects and 90-plus miles of bored tunnels speaks for itself.
What makes us different?
Our Mission is to excel at constructing complex infrastructure safer, better, and faster by engaging the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit of our team members and providing limitless opportunities for personal and professional growth in a close-knit and collaborative organization.
Our Core Values
Safety. We are committed to providing a safe work environment. This is always our priority.
People. Our talented team is our greatest asset. We provide opportunity, reward performance, and support a positive and balanced work environment.
Innovation. We have the ability to engineer creative solutions to overcome any obstacle.
Ethics. We are honest and ethical in all our business dealings.
Communication. We encourage open and honest communication throughout our organization.
Community. We add value to our industry and the communities in which we work.
Manages daily operations including the staff. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that
goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget parameters by performing the
following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Key Tasks And Responsibilities
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Coordinates project activities with Traylor personnel and joint venture partners
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the project; including safety, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management and quality
- Leads the project team
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc.
- Ability to relocate as needed
Skills And Abilities
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on a team
- Leadership ability
- Organizational skills
- Mathematical skills
- Technical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil engineering, or Construction Management
- Minimum ten years progressive project experience in heavy civil underground environments
- Minimum of five years’ experience in design, project management, and supervisory experience required
- Experience with Tunnel Construction required
- Travel will be required to attend training and meetings.
- Ability to sit or stand for entire shift
- Occasionally requited to stoop, bend, walk, crouch, and climb.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to speak, write, and understand English clearly.
Project Manager II
Opening date:October 02
Closing date: November 02 2021
The Project Manager II serves as the on-site Gilbane manager responsible for supporting the overall direction, completion and financial outcome of a construction management project; supervises/mentors the project staff to include multiple Project Engineers and Superintendents.
- Provide leadership in motivating the project team and maintain a positive work environment
- Manage the project using established project controls and procedures
- Perform constructability and coordination reviews
- Communicate with owners, architects and subcontractors related to project risk, timetables, costs/budgets, and change management
- Perform pre-construction planning, scheduling and cost control
- Buy-out of job by determining the sub-contracting strategy for the project and preparing front-end documents and bid processes under various project delivery models
- Prepare monthly reports including cost, schedule, safety, cash flow, etc. for internal and/or external use
- Provide jobsite leadership in the area of safety and quality
- Prepare contingency plans for potential risks, expanding contractual services and project profit
- BS OR MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 5-10 years of Project Management experience on projects valued at $50 million or larger
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong technical and communication skills are critical
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Procore, Microsoft Office (preferred)
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.