Construction project management jobs in Buffalo, NY
Find the construction project management job of your dreams in Buffalo, NY
Senior Project Manager Construction
Senior Project Manager Construction
10 days ago | Buffalo, New York, United States | Christa Construction, LLC
Opening date:October 16
Closing date: November 16 2021
Senior Project Manager
- Provide managerial leadership for Christa Construction, LLC, promoting Customer Satisfaction through quality, service and value. This position requires the individual to have the personal attributes to manage, direct, mentor and support employees through their daily work while demonstrating Christa’s corporate philosophy of outstanding business ethics and principles.
- Manage, direct, organize, coordinate and schedule the work of the staff in their respective corporate division
- Insure that projects are being managed effectively and efficiently operated
- Responsible for the profitability of assigned projects and the completion of work per schedule utilizing corporate standard operating procedures to accomplish this goal
- Responsible for complete Customer Satisfaction by meeting and or exceeding customer expectations. Customers include Owners, Architects, Contractors, Subcontractors, Vendors and Employees
- Solicit, purchase, write, and manage contracts, Contractors and Vendors in the execution of work
- Solicit, procure and manage the labor, material and equipment necessary to execute the work of several projects
- Actively participate in the solicitation and procurement of new and future work and clients. The Development of future business is the responsibility of all Senior Managers=
- Actively participate in the solicitation and procurement of new and future employees
- Insure that standard administrative operating procedures are being complied with
- Actively participate in the community outside of the workplace
- Schedule, direct and take notes for all PM/OACM meetings
Autonomy and Accountability
- Objectives and how the objectives are achieved will be defined either by the direct supervisor or by explicit procedures and rules. Situations not covered by rules or procedures are referred to supervisor. All assignments, including the performance of tasks and activities, are reviewed by supervisor in detail with the employee.
Type of Technology, Equipment, Tool
Measure of Performance
- Projects are managed effectively and efficiently
- Solicitation and Procurement of new business
- Community Involvement
- Owners and architects’ expectations are met or exceeded through feedback obtained
- Overall project success with special consideration to schedule, project team and profit
- Proper attendance, attire, professionalism and overall attiitude
Opening date:October 13
Closing date: November 13 2021
WBA is a MBCC Group business headquartered in Amherst, New York. We have 130 dedicated employees working to service our customers throughout the world. The facility houses all of our business activities allowing for seamless and coordinated operations to support the very demanding array of our customers’ needs. For more than 60 years WBA has developed and manufactured products for some of the world’s most unique and complex projects. While our core focus has been in the area of expansion control for civil structures, our technical expertise has developed to be much farther reaching. Today we have expanded beyond our core products and offer specialty products and services to not only the bridge and highway market, but also the parking and stadium, and architectural structures markets.
Our reputation has been built upon our leading engineering expertise, incomparable logistics, and our focused customer service throughout the project life cycle. The Wabo® brand and our products enjoy global recognition. Our expertise in expansion joint systems design has offered us the opportunity to design and build expansion joint systems for the most demanding of projects. We have a highly qualified staff of professional engineers and designers backed by strong relationships with national testing labs and universities.
Our professional operations team employs the principles of lean manufacturing, and enterprise resource planning tools, all supported by our formal ISO 9001-2008 and AISC quality management systems. Complimenting these are our marketing and sales, and customer service teams consisting of experienced, technical professionals trained to work with you to select and develop the right solution to your project's unique requirements. These resources are available to all of our customers.
WBA is a brand of MBCC Group, a leading supplier of construction chemicals products and solutions with operating production facilities and sales offices in more than 60 countries worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Project Manager located in Amherst, NY.
This is a high-level overview of the role we need you to fill for us :
The primary responsibility of this position will be to oversee all commercial activity on assigned projects, including review, negotiation, and execution of customer contract documents, creation and maintenance of internal project schedules to meet customer expectations, and on-going review of project status against established project costs. Candidate shall initiate and maintain point of contact responsibility with external customers to facilitate project activity, successful achievement of milestones, and delivery of products and services to customer satisfaction. Works with all relative departments to establish work in progress look-ahead schedules to meet customer requirements, creates reports to provide real-time status of all assigned projects to Senior Staff, and represents Company in customer led project meetings as required.
These skills and experiences will make you a good fit for this role:
- Associates degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar discipline
- PMP or an equivalent certification preferred
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in project management within the construction industry
- Experience using SAP, ERP system preferred
- Ability to read and understand drawings, codes, and standards
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate contracts, create project budgets and schedules, and control costs
- A thorough understanding of contract and subcontract documents, terms and conditions with ability to independently act and respond to commercial and technical inquiries
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Strong leadership, time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
Location: Amherst, NY
We are committed to provide an environment of mutual respect and equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
MBCC Group believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Opening date:October 10
Closing date: November 10 2021
Position Available: Estimator/Project Manager (full time or partially remote depending on candidate)
Years of Experience desired: 2+ years as an estimator in Civil Construction specializing in earthwork, sitework, underground utilities, road (street scapes), landfill and site remediation.
Education/Certifications: Degree in a Civil Engineering or related field preferred
- Full medical, Dental
- 401K + 4% match
- Competitive PTO, paid holidays, two weeks per calendar year starting
- Bonus opportunity
- Vehicle reimbursement, laptop
- Company venues (Christmas parties, company picnics, golf outings, live music tickets, football tickets, hockey tickets and all expense paid trips to Vegas)
This highly reputable, long standing Civil General Contractor is seeking to add a strong Estimator/Project Manager to their team! With their great reputation and continual flow of repeat/ new clients, they are in need of skilled, talented individuals like you! Check out some of these benefits!
- Ready to hire immediately to keep up with the flow of new business
- In business for over 20 years, no signs of slowing down with a solid backlog of work
- Competitive and flexible compensation structure: Bonus offered, full Medical (Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental, 401K + 4% match, two weeks' vacation starting, paid holidays, vehicle reimbursement, company laptop
- Company venues (Christmas parties, company picnics, golf outings, live music tickets, football tickets, hockey tickets, all expense paid trips to Vegas!)
- Family-first culture
If you are looking for an opportunity to advance your career by joining an incredible team that takes pride in their long track record of getting the job done right with a "work hard, play hard" mentality, then you don't want to miss out on this!!
.....@gogpac.com or 605-705-4640
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.