Construction project management jobs in New York
Find the construction project management job of your dreams in New York
Senior Structural Project Manager
Opening date:July 27
Closing date: August 27 2021
Category: Civil/Structural Engineering
Ranked among the nation's top 16 Construction Managers by Engineering News-Record, The LiRo Group provides integrated construction, design, and technology solutions for a broad range of public and private sector clients. LiRo currently provides the opportunity for a hybrid/flex-hour work schedule.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Structural Project Manager for our Mineola, NY Office.
- Lead, plan, train, and supervise the work of engineering staff responsible for design, permitting, and construction coordination; verify the work of assigned employees for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques, and compliance with applicable standards and specifications
- Perform advanced professional engineering in connection with municipal public works projects; plan, schedule and coordinate work on major or complex engineering projects
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of engineering plans, specifications, and costs for the construction of buildings, bridges, roadways and other capital improvement projects
- Review a variety of construction plans, maps, reports, applications, and various development and construction agreements
- Provide information and respond to questions from the public, contractors, developers, and other City departments
- Determine design procedures; interpret the application of design criteria
- Prepare grant funding applications for various projects; process and track grant applications and funds
- Check plans and specification for accuracy and completeness of design
- BS/BE in Civil or Structural Engineering
- PE a must, preferred in Structural Engineering
- Business Development/ Proposal preparation experience required
- 15+ years industry experience with Public Sector Work
- Ability to supervise and provide guidance for Civil and Structural Projects
LiRo offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for training and advancement.
Please visit our website for all of our career opportunities at: https://careers-liro.icims.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Project Manager - Aviation & Federal (Manhattan)
Oil and Energy
Project Manager - Aviation & Federal (Manhattan)
5 days ago | New York, New York, United States | Burns & McDonnell
Opening date:July 24
Closing date: August 24 2021
Industry:Construction, Oil and Energy, Engineering,
The Aviation & Federal Global Practice is looking for an energetic person with a high level of initiative to market and manage projects primarily for Department of Defense (DOD) and Aviation clients, including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), and U.S National Guard Bureau. Projects most likely include design of new or renovated facilities such as aircraft hangars, administrative, airports and operations facilities, and infrastructure such as electrical power distribution, central utilities, and airfield paving. Project Managers are Seller/Doers who develop and maintain client relationships and market sectors, with responsibility for coordinating and leading project teams to perform on resulting projects. The ideal candidate for this position will have prior experience in managing facilities and infrastructure projects for DOD agencies, including developing qualifications packages, negotiating fixed price task orders, and delivering both full design projects and design-build requests for proposals (RFP’s).
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful completion of both small and large value projects as part of an annual portfolio of projects.
Additionally, This Project Manager Will
- Work to grow relationships and market share in their areas of expertise, as well as develop new related market areas.
- Initiate or assist with client development and maintenance.
- Understand and articulate project risks and develop and execute risk mitigation strategies.
- Plan, coordinate, communicate and facilitate activities of several disciplines on projects of all sizes from concept through completion.
- Make critical decisions and recommendations that have an important effect on company projects and programs.
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal and external clients.
- Coordinate project planning, including scoping, budgeting, maintaining schedules, communicating and managing deadlines.
- Mentor and provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture or related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 7 years related experience, including 3 or more years managing multi-discipline design projects for the DOD.
- An established network of contacts and demonstrated business development capabilities is preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to make informative and persuasive presentations to clients and business partners and possess excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional Registration (PE, RA or similar) is preferred.
Job Project Management
Primary Location US-NY-Manhattan
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 212409
Transit Project Manager
Transportation / Logistics
Opening date:July 24
Closing date: August 24 2021
Industry:Construction, Engineering, Transportation / Logistics,
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Transit Project Manager, we'll count on you to:
- Plan and manage all aspects of small to medium single-discipline engineering projects or large, routine projects.
- Manage and coordinate several projects concurrently.
- Independently coordinate work of engineers and balance planning team throughout entire project’s development.
- Establish client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings.
- Conduct work sessions for design development and contract documents in conjunction with other staff.
- Coordinate workload throughout entire project development and ensure completion of documents on schedule.
- Implement and manage QA/QC procedures.
- Track financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work effort with team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of agreed-to schedule.
- Work with Business/Accounting Manager or Project Controller and Department Manager for project reviews and with company management as needed.
- Serve as a high-level point of contact between HDR and their clients
- Represent HDR at functions and with clients
- Mentor HDR younger staff
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Keyword(s): Transit Project Manager,
- MS or BS in Civil / Structural Engineering or closely related engineering field.
- 10+ years of experience including transportation engineering / project management experience
- Experience with local clients including NJT, MTA C&D, PANYNJ, Amtrak
- PE License in New York or New Jersey.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and initiative to deliver work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team on transportation projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to train, mentor, and develop younger engineers, designers, and drafters.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Position will be in New York, NY,
- Experience in marketing including preparing technical and fee proposals and presentations.
- Candidates who reside locally in the metro NY/NJ/CT area are preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
United States-New York-New York
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity in all of our offices. USA: We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law. CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
Health and safety is also our priority. For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy. If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.
Program Manager - Rail/Transit
Program Manager - Rail/Transit
5 days ago | New York, New York, United States | T.Y. Lin International
Opening date:July 24
Closing date: August 24 2021
Industry:Construction, Information Technology, Engineering,
T.Y. Lin International (TYLI) is a full-service, professional engineering firm focused on the planning, design, and construction of infrastructure solutions for public and private clients worldwide. The firm is an internationally recognized pioneer in solving the most difficult engineering challenges. Headquartered in San Francisco, California for over 65 years, TYLI has more than 3,100 professionals throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe. TYLI is a member of Dar Group, a global, privately-owned professional services group, and its industry-leading family of Global Infrastructure companies.
This is a key position with T. Y. Lin International, requiring a demonstrated seller/doer and top performer who is well established in the New York Metro Rail and Transit Market. This position will require leadership in project management and construction management and will serve as champion for targeted rail & transit projects. The Program Manager will have responsibility for the preparation of proposals, participate in interviews and negotiations with clients while also directing and managing projects. They will manage project teams, supervise direct reports, and develop/train/mentor assigned team members.
- Work with Unit Manager and key management personnel to identify and pursuit projects.
- Prepare project proposals for rail/transit clients.
- Client contact and communication. Managing Client expectations and assuring client satisfaction related to project.
- Serve as Project Manager/Program Manager on projects where beneficial to the Company and the project; and assume the financial, staffing, scope and schedule management responsibilities of that role.
- Serve as key technical lead in planning/design/construction of significant rail-related projects.
- Directs the preparation, tracking and submission of the project deliverables.
- Preparation and tracking of project schedules, work tasks and delivery of projects on-time and within budget.
- Tracking of additional services and out-of-scope work. Communication with clients, negotiation of fees for additional services and delivery of contract modifications for such services.
- Supervision and coaching of key team members.
- Responsible for project quality. Assures QA/QC processes are completed on each project.
- Support in staff development, including Project Manager training .
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or closely related field required.
- State Professional Engineer (PE) license or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) required.
- 15+ years of experience in Project Management activities and managing construction field teams.
- Construction management experience with agency clients such as MTA, New York City Transit, Metro North Railroad, NJ Transit or Long Island Railroad.
- Project Management Procedures (PMP’s) and Project Management Guidelines (PMG’s) familiarity a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written and presentation skills are required.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients’ toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
T.Y. Lin International is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Engineering Program Manager
Opening date:July 13
Closing date: August 13 2021
Industry:Construction, Information Technology, Engineering,
Be involved in projects with our PM/CM Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full-Time Engineering Program Manager for our 4WTC, NY office.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinating the budgets and schedules for all Engineering deliverables related to the Agency’s major programs, as well as monitoring, reporting, and forecasting deliverables for their assigned portfolio of projects within the Agency’s Capital and Annual Operating Plans.
- Primary point-of-contact for the Engineering Department from Design through Construction to ensure that Engineering budgets and schedules align with the approved portfolio and mitigate any potential scope changes to ensure alignment with TPC.
- Assist with the Capital Plan Development by working with Design, Construction and the Line Departments on work plans, project prioritization and the assessment of project feasibility and deliverability while supporting and fostering high levels of team performance.
- Establish consistent work plans, budgets, business rules and project development for the successful delivery of Engineering projects.
- Responsible for managing the various aspects of project life-cycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling and closing for each assigned project.
- Work with Line/ Engineering staff to develop detailed project scope of work based on a statement of problem or a desired outcome. Establish project economics and timeline in conjunction with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Collaborate with project team to retain the necessary internal and external resources, including appropriate professional services, to advance the assigned projects to conceptual/preliminary design or final design.
- Advance projects through established milestones, developing and implementing recovery plans for unanticipated delays.
- Conduct / participate in regularly scheduled meetings with the appropriate parties to ensure the project scope, schedule and budget are maintained.
- Interact with Port Authority staff departments to establish agreements, force accounts and the like in support of project work.
- Take the lead in establishing project risk parameters and developing the appropriate risk contingency plans.
- Prepare project status reports for supervisors, senior and executive staff on a periodic basis.5 bullet points of what this person will be doing, responsible for and focusing on
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years experience in progressively more responsible positions in the development and delivery of A/E projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated experience in management, engineering design, and/or construction fields including establishment of plans, setting priorities, and incorporating facility requirements into project plans.
- Demonstrated experience working on Port Authority projects and/or large capital programs from a design and construction aspects
- Substantive knowledge of project management scheduling, cost control, and scope/code compliance review procedures, change order process, along with knowledge of multidiscipline engineering and construction principals
- Extensive experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams and internal and external stakeholders, including Regulatory Agencies and public utilities
- Demonstrated superior customer service, decision-making, problem solving, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills; and excellent communication skills as this position is client facing
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital planning and assessment, procurement, project planning and development, and risk management protocols.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- This role is subject to a client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy. As such, employee may be subject to random drug/alcohol tests. A copy of the client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy will be provided during employee onboarding and is available upon applicant request.
- Prior experience working in an Agency environment helpful
- Substantive knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures related to management systems, administration, the capital authorization and agenda review processes helpful.
- PE and or a PMP is desirable
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.
MEP Project Manager
Opening date:July 01
Closing date: August 01 2021
The MEP Project Manager will support the construction management team in the coordination and selection of MEP trade contractors. The primary focus for the successful candidate will be the procurement of MEP systems, preparation of bid documents, leveling bids and working with the Senior MEP Project Manager to award the work.
The MEP Project Manager will collaborate with other trades for input and feedback during the coordination process, interface and coordinate with field superintendents for any needed utility shutdowns that facilitate project construction, coordinate with the commissioning project manager and quality manager, tracking of cost and review of project budgets specific to MEP work, review of subcontractor award letters to ensure proper scope inclusion, supporting work in adjacent buildings and structures affected by the project construction. Track, manage and report on the MEP aspects of ASIs, RFIs, and responses; assist with contract development, assembling and inputting purchase orders, change orders; track financial paperwork (change orders, approval letters, requests); contribute to monthly project status reports.
Other responsibilities will include: leading/supporting project team meetings with in-house personnel to schedule and coordinate work; participating in cost control activities by seeking the most effective method of delivering services; reviewing documents for compliance with standards and site conditions; and maintaining interface with client and internal business units. The role requires the ability to lead, develop and manage a project team; create a project plan, including project definition, scope and budgets, incorporating input from appropriate team members, consultants and clients; and work within a collaborative environment.
Desired Skills and Experience
Thorough knowledge of MEP infrastructure construction including but not limited to piping systems, air systems, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, air handlers, split systems, fuel oil systems, aviation systems and controls (BMS). Experience and understanding of Commissioning process and procedures. Strong project management skills in design development, construction, scheduling, budget control, and occupancy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Thorough knowledge of design process.
- Strong project management skills including design, construction, schedule, and budget control, including:
- Interfacing with clients to define project requirements and establish project work plan and deadlines
- Qualifying contractors by reviewing bids and related documents
- Facilitating client meetings regarding project matters
- Representing the client with architects, vendors, consultants, and regulatory agencies
- Overseeing the work of consultants
- Ability to develop and maintain successful customer relations and ensure the smooth integration and delivery of projects
- Ability to set and be accountable for department deadlines
- Capability and willingness to perform periodic inspections of job site conditions and project progress, which might result in temporary exposure to unsafe conditions (i.e. climbing stairs and ladders to access areas throughout off-site properties and superblock campus, accessing roofs, inspecting mechanical equipment rooms and electrical rooms)
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Attention to detail
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communications skills and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues
- Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with employees and client groups to take desired action.
- Good judgment and reasoning ability, enabling problem solving with a variety of options in varying situations.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS), preferably in Engineering
- Large scale MEP design, coordination, and/or construction
- 10+ years’ experience in Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing project management
- Experience in related fields preferred