Construction project management jobs in Minneapolis, MN
Find the construction project management job of your dreams in Minneapolis, MN
Project Manager, Transformation Management Office
Project Manager, Transformation Management Office
10 days ago | Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States | Apogee Enterprises, Inc.
Opening date:July 20
Closing date: August 20 2021
POSITION: Project Manager, Transformation Management Office (TMO)
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Apogee Transformation Management Office
DEPARTMENT: Transformation Management Office
LOCATION: Apogee HQ, Minneapolis, MN
Apogee Enterprises is seeking a talented and experienced Project Manager, Transformation Management Office (TMO) to join its team. Reporting to the TMO Leader, this individual will help manage strategic projects that deliver against Apogee's ambitions and drive change throughout the organization. The role will require close interaction and collaboration with senior leaders and is best suited for high potential individuals seeking to gain broad exposure across the
diverse businesses within the Apogee portfolio.
- Manage process and tools to facilitate progress and maintain overall view of enterprise change initiatives
- Maintain 'single version of the truth' for overall program backlog, resource planning, risks, and tracking across various business units for individual projects and initiatives.
- Facilitate communication across all relevant stakeholder groups. Manage the pace of decision-making and ensure that the appropriate individuals are involved in the decision-making process.
- Spearhead recurring program check-ins and leadership updates, including preparing materials and dashboards, and facilitating group discussions focused on results progress and risk identification.
- Manage interdependencies across initiatives and clear cross-functional roadblocks.
- Provide project management support and coordination of day-to-day transformation program execution.
- Project manage multiple strategic initiatives that span business functions and segments, ensuring on-time delivery against milestones, tracking of value delivery, and rapid mitigation of risks through early identification and escalation.
- Partner closely with initiative leads to create detailed and comprehensive work plans. Support business and functional partners through stage gate process.
- Work closely with Finance to track value capture progress and flag impacts to overall value.
- Support and facilitate initiative intake process to ensure consistency and trust in the process.
- Serve as thought partner to business and functional teams to identify potential new opportunities and/or improve overall project outcomes.
- Effectively manage change through proactive communication and developing strong relationships at all levels of the organization
Personal Attributes and Experience
The successful candidate will be expected to be a high-energy, creative, and resourceful self-starter who is interested in developing and refining their leadership skills and instincts. He/she is highly intelligent and enthusiastic with a strong drive for excellence and commitment to change. In terms of personal competencies, the successful candidate must be a hands-on person who seeks more exposure to critical business and strategic thinking, and a drive to achieve tangible business results. The individual must exemplify and reinforce Apogee's core values and vision in all interactions throughout the organization. In addition, he/she should possess the following attributes and experiences:
- Ethics: Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.
- Results-Oriented. A driver who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions with a high sense of urgency often while influencing across different functions and levels of the organization.
- Problem Solver: An emerging creative yet pragmatic problem solver who can anticipate potential challenges and proactively address to remove barriers to progress. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail oriented. Strong analytical skills.
- Change Management. Exposure to significant enterprise level change. Demonstrated ability to operate within a team environment, and highly dynamic situations. Has an 80/20 sense of what matters and can manage complexity and build consensus through strong collaboration.
- Project Management. Experience working with leadership teams and leading cross-functional discussions. Track record of successful delivery against project timelines and financial targets. Strong coaching skills and ability inspire working teams to overdeliver, as well as effectively influence the direction of strategic efforts. Ability to identify fundamental causes of roadblocks and manage highly dynamic situations, as well as coordinate across numerous stakeholders.
- Collaboration, Teamwork, and Interpersonal Skills: A team player, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps team members and partners informed. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of management as well as a diverse work force. Ability to understand and add value to high-level management interactions.
- Communications. Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to work effectively with all levels of management
- High Capacity. Must be highly motivated and able to handle multiple workstreams in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business administration, economics, or engineering
- MBA (preferred)
- 5+ years of work experience, with experience participating in and/or managing significant change projects
- Six Sigma/Lean/CI Experience (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and project management software
- Experience in the non-residential construction space (preferred)
Associate Project Manager
Opening date:July 08
Closing date: August 08 2021
Industry:Construction, Information Technology, Financial Services,
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
- Schedule and conduct operations site walks to ensure site is qualified for product
- Visit city permitting departments to process applications, follow up on requests, and ensure permits are issued in a timely manner
- Obtain all required documents to process registration
- Ensure documents are stored in correct repositories & circulated to relevant departments
- Place PO's for various project mile-stone needs and update Project Management Tool (Asana) daily
- Travel within city daily as requested and work out of local office when not in field
- Escalate bottlenecks and explore creative/timely solutions with Launcher II and Regional Director
- Complete all permitting applications and vessel registration paperwork in an expedited and accurate manner to ensure timely product launches
- Ensure clear communication of process changes to Manager and contribute to maintaining process documents (e.g. permitting requirements process)
- Manage multiple project milestones in tandem
- Follow process to place PO’s (e.g. vessels, small ware, etc.); track and update PM tool regularly for visibility
- Responsible for estimating key project milestone dates used by cross-functional teams to plan their in-market operation
- Responsible for launching set # of vessels in market
What We Want From You
- Great attitude! Ambitious and ready to learn!
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to figure it out on own with limited resources.
- Excited to work in the field on the ground level and own project
- Availability during nights and weekends (as may be required from time to time)
- Flexible to work on special out-of-market engagements
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Project Manager, Construction
Architecture & Planning
Project Manager, Construction
25 days ago | Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States | ARCO a Family of Construction Companies
Opening date:July 05
Closing date: August 05 2021
Industry:Construction, Engineering, Architecture & Planning,
Are you a passionate problem solver? Do you act with integrity and hold yourself and others to the highest standard? Are you looking for a fast-track career path to running your own construction projects? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have an opportunity that will impress you. Who are we? We are ARCO, a Family of Construction Companies.
We are looking for a highly motivated Project Manager, who is passionate about the construction process, to join our team in Richmond, VA. At ARCO, every associate is empowered to drive their success. Project Managers at ARCO have complete responsibility for project performance, customer satisfaction, and taking projects from design to completion. Each Project Manager has full profit and performance responsibility for his/her projects and unlimited growth potential.
What We Can Offer You
We are dedicated to the well-being of our associates and are proud to be consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work. Our compensation and benefits package not only supports our associates and their families but benefits local communities and communities around the world.
- Business expenses and mileage reimbursement
- Industry-leading performance-based bonus program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Tuition reimbursement for associates
- Scholarship for associates’ children up to $28,000 per child
- 1-month paid sabbatical after every five years of employment, plus $5,000 for travel
- 1-week paid volunteer leave each year
- 100% charitable match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 100% paid 10-week maternity leave
At ARCO, our first core value is to treat people fairly and do the right thing. We are committed to building and sustaining a culture that supports diversity and inclusion. We are proud to be a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
From recruiting, training, and hiring practices to selecting our subcontractors, we understand that diversity of all those involved in the construction process enhances our ability to deliver the best solutions to our customers. We hire the best and the brightest from across the country - constructing a team of experts in architecture, design, engineering, project management, and business services.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Responsible for managerial and administrative aspects of a project. Including, estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, safety, and proposal preparation
- Ensure an accurate and complete project estimate
- Work closely with owners and the design team to develop preliminary concept drawings
- Participate in the proposal meeting with the owner to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas
- Oversee the buyout process and the selection of subcontractors
- Conduct bi-weekly job site meetings on site
- Make sound decisions under tight deadlines
- Organize, plan, and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Commit to quality by evaluating project-related processes
- Make necessary changes, use customer input to make improvements, and meet/exceed internal and external client expectations
- Make sound decisions under tight deadlines
- Organize, plan, and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes. Make necessary changes, use customer input to make improvements, and meet/exceed internal and external customer expectations
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and other associates while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations
- BS in Civil, Mechanical, or Engineering related and/or Construction Management; with minimum of 3.0 GPA
- 3-6 years of hands on construction experience as a project manager, assistant project manager, field engineer or related internships.
- Experience in Design/Build preferred
- Computer skills: proficiency using Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Project
MAKE YOUR MOVE
We are proud to be one of the fastest-growing, privately-owned companies in America, celebrating over 29 years of experience as design-build experts. We have completed over 4,000 design-build projects across 48 states and 29 major cities nationwide. We ranked #7 out of the top 100 design-build companies in the U.S. and #34 on the ENR Top 400 Contractors list of 2021. Most importantly, our clients like us, trust us and want to do business with us. We are looking for people with the same enthusiasm, passion, and respect for the hard work that brought us to where we are today. Are you a person that can make a difference at ARCO? If the answer is, “Yes!” we look forward to meeting you.
ARCO does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies without pre-approval from ARCO’s Human Resource team. Pre-approval is required before any external candidate can be submitted. ARCO will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes and for candidates who are sent directly to our hiring managers.
Opening date:July 01
Closing date: August 01 2021
The Program Manager role will liaise with a variety of teams to manage projects in engineering, systems & controls and product management areas. The primary responsibilities will focus on managing NPI (New Product Introduction), cost improvement projects and project teams. Manage and maintain the NPI process. Focus these efforts on the company's strategic goals and the specific projects' tactical goals. This position will report to the Project Management Office (PMO) Director.
Daikin Applied is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor employment based visas.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in an engineering or other technical field.
- 8+ years of Project Management experience in a manufacturing organization, preferably the HVAC industry
- PMP Certification
- Experience managing project team sizes of 20+ or more
- Experience managing large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external stakeholders and matrix partners.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Ability to manage multiple projects & priorities concurrently
- Proven ability to earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Travel on an as needed basis; 15-20% annually
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification
- Experience with project management enterprise systems like Project Online, Project Server and/or Azure DevOps
- Exceptional communication skills across all levels of the organization and cross functional, well developed listening skills, and ability to interpret business and/or client needs
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed-on time, cost, and quality parameters
- Help define, maintain and monitor program and project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Validates financial forecasts and provides ongoing reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs
- Resolve problems in assigned programs using innovative solutions and interface with others in the company, report and escalate to executive management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with key stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and resolve critical problems as they arise
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Focus these efforts to meet the company's strategic goals and the program's specific tactical goals
- Challenge and drive all opportunities for strategic procurement
- Maintain and improve other project management tools as necessary to drive the development process
- Assist in development and review of contractual and business obligations
- Lead stage-gate reviews for project progress and funding approval
- Track industry trends, relevant legislation and competitor activities at a high level
- Provides a centralized, single point of contact for the programs and projects and they manage
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities as appropriate, identify and resolve conflicts, manage project dependencies and constraints, and develop contingency plans where required
- Prepare and present reports periodically on the status of assign programs and projects
- Works closely with the PMO Director and other business leaders to plan future project implementation schedule, prioritize existing projects/programs, manage the portfolio of projects/programs and provides input on overall strategy
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry-leading innovations and technology. Our award-winning Rebel® rooftop units, Magnitude® magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder® air cooled chillers and Intelligent Equipment® set new standards for efficiency and value for building owners. Also, our extensive water source heat pump and applied technologies, aftermarket service, and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2019 revenues in excess of $23.5 billion USD and more than 67,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.