Construction project management jobs in Lansing, MI
Find the construction project management job of your dreams in Lansing, MI
Construction Project Manager - Lansing/Jackson, MI
Construction Project Manager - Lansing/Jackson, MI
15 days ago | Lansing, Michigan, United States | Michigan Paving & Materials
Opening date:January 06
Closing date: February 03 2022
Michigan Paving and Materials, a vertically integrated CRH company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.michiganpaving.com, www.stoneco.net or our parent company at www.crhamericas.com
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of construction projects for the asphalt division including all steps in bidding, building and final collection.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Must conduct himself/herself and make decisions that are safe and ethical
- Responsible for bidding on new work including public and private work
- Lead in managing projects including pre-bid meetings, contracts and sub-contractors, coordinating work and equipment and clear communication with Division Manager, Foreman and other contractors.
- Must understand and follow MDOT requirements for public work
- Responsible for collections on projects
- Management of project quality – QA/QC
- Maintain a strong customer driven environment. Focus on customer service.
- Ensure adherence to all DOT, environment and human resource regulations
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in construction project management – road construction experience a plus
- Experience bidding public and private construction projects
- Bachelor’s degree or P.E. – will consider equivalent experience
- Construction project management required
- Asphalt project management experience a plus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Customer Focus
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Drive for Results
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Peer Relationships
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be considered.
- Work may be performed in an office setting and outside on a job site or in the plant.
- Physical requirements include sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, twisting
- This position will work in an office setting, outdoors on a job site and in a plant.
- Work environment will vary depending on job task.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Opening date:January 04
Closing date: February 01 2022
Granger Construction is a leader in the construction industry and strives to Advance the Art of Building. By employing the most innovative people, technologies and techniques, we deliver projects that exceed owner expectations in regards to all facets of exceptional customer service.
We are looking for a Project Manager for work at field sites located in the Mid-Michigan area. At Granger, our Project Managers have the ultimate responsibility and accountability to ensure the overall success of each project they manage. They supervise total construction efforts to deliver projects that meet or exceed company and client expectations.
The Project Manager is responsible for estimating, cost, schedule, quality, and close-out and commissioning.
- Estimating / Preconstruction Understand our client and all project requirements; develop and push a construction schedule; plan for coordination of MEP and BIM; coordinate with accounting, design, and estimating teams; manage bidding lists and subcontractor relationships.
- Cost and Expediting Write subcontracts and purchase orders; ensure job cost and expediting schedules are updated and accurate; monitor cost changes and report promptly; continually "think outside of the box" to provide key solutions and alternatives.
- Quality and Safety Ensure that Granger's quality standards are setting the industry's standard; keep high security level on the job site daily.
- Close Out and Commissioning Attain the "Zero punch list" goal; keep accurate records and maintain/update as-builts; prepare, deliver, and hand-off close out materials to owner prior to occupancy.
- Communication Demonstrate and maintain clear, effective communication; ensure appropriate documentation and timely action with RFI, submittal, and cost change processes; clearly communicate issues to owners/architects/partners; meet regularly with accounting to monitor job cost.
- Bachelor's degree in building construction management, civil engineering or other engineering discipline.
- Minimum of five years of related experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills. Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to easily read and understand blueprints and specifications.
- Assertive, highly motivated, organized and a self-starting individual.
- Tenacity to accomplish tasks, follow-through and meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial focus and the ability to see the big picture while simultaneously focusing on details and timelines.
- Must be technologically savvy with the ability to easily pick up computer programs and technology.
- Professional demeanor
Granger Construction Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401 (k), wellness benefits, continuing education and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Granger Construction Company maintains a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.