Construction project management jobs in Phoenix, AZ
Find the construction project management job of your dreams in Phoenix, AZ
Project Manager - HVAC
Opening date:October 17
Closing date: November 17 2021
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ Market
(This is not a remote opportunity)
Job Duties / General Requirements
The Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing a team of superintendents and field personnel to deliver exceptional quality and customer service to our clients. The PM will be closely working with upper management to understand the goals and direction of Pueblo Mechanical, and lead their team to generate profits.
Develop workable solutions to ensure issues never become problems.
Study bid documents and determine potential issues or opportunities before the project begins.
Study drawings and develop schedules that will meet budget.
Work with preconstruction services staff and other operations personnel to ensure project goals and milestones are met.
Review scope of subcontractors, and identify any potential risks or omissions.
Create and promote open communication of project team as well as owner/client.
Track project budgets and identify any shortcomings or pitfalls within a project, also identify any opportunities to increase profit.
Ensure accuracy in the budget projections.
Organize and attend coordination and site meetings with owners and/or meetings as assigned.
Maintain written documentation involving important changes in project scope, execution or cost.
Develop the objectives and goals for team members.
Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality, and safety standards.
Ensure that job processes are followed in accordance to company policies.
Ensure company contractual standards are being met prior to performing work.
Ensure quality of work meets and/or exceeds acceptable industry standards.
Complete Quality Assurance analysis on projects to prevent call backs and warranty work.
Complete job-site walks with clients to ensure complete satisfaction.
BUILD LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIPS
Proactively build and maintain relationships with current and future clients as well as develop relationships with subcontractors to support future growth and opportunities.
Initiate new projects with architects, engineers, owners, and general contractors
Proactively communicate with entire construction team at all times
Recruit high caliber personnel; participate in the hiring, training and supervision of same.
Recognize and track the progress of employees; delegate appropriately to team members, and manage multiple project teams successfully.
Proactively build and maintain relationships with current and future clients.
Proactively communicate with entire construction team at all times.
Proactively develop relationships with subcontractors to support future growth and opportunities.
Be proactive when scheduling subcontractors to ensure overall success of the project.
Recognize and track the progress of employees, and properly nominate individuals for promotions and/or incentive bonuses.
Assist with interviewing prospective employees, and make recommendations as requested by the General Superintendent.
Assures all Pueblo Mechanical and project specific safety requirements are met.
Responsible for ensuring all staff have their personal protection equipment on at all times.
Coordinate with safety officer for jobsite visits and ensuring a safe jobsite.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: - QUALIFIED Candidates will have experience as a PM in commercial/industrial HVAC
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must be self-motivated and punctual.
Must be able to multi-task and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
Must be professional in appearance and speech.
Experience with government facilities a plus.
PUEBLO IS THE LARGEST MECHANICAL CONTRACTOR IN ARIZONA AND GROWING. We offer very competitive wages and an excellent benefits package that includes four choices of United Health Care medical plans, free life insurance, two dental plans, vision and a generous 401K savings plan.
Senior Project Manager - Heavy Civil - Southwest District
Senior Project Manager - Heavy Civil - Southwest District
9 days ago | Phoenix, Arizona, United States | Kiewit
Opening date:October 17
Closing date: November 17 2021
Requisition ID: 126921
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected engineering and construction organizations, and one of the most profitable. Kiewit’s commitment to safety, quality and environmental stewardship are ingrained in everything we do. It’s visible in our core values, the work that we build and in our people. We are one of the few firms that self-perform all aspects of construction (Civil/Structural/Mechanical and Electrical) for both water/wastewater plants and plant pipelines. If you have a strong background as a Project Manager and experienced in Design/Build/EPC for the Water/Wastewater market, let's talk. We are looking for seasoned PM's that have a strong foundation in Engineering, a passion for building things efficiently, and want to share innovative ideas to create the best design and safest construction process. This is an opportunity for a long term career, working on both the plant and pipeline side. If you appreciate careful planning, minimizing risk and strong processes that are tried and true, you will be an excellent fit here.
Kiewit Southwest District specializes in heavy civil, primarily in water/wastewater plant and plant pipeline design/construction and transportation design/construction. This district includes major projects ranging from $30M to $300M in Utah, Nevada, Arizona, and Idaho. We dont hire you just for one project - we hire for a career and to support the district. This means travel, job stability, variation in your job, and new adventures every day! We self-perform most of our work in all disciplines - Civil/Structural/Mechanical/Electrical. We are looking for people committed to engineering and construction, with safety, quality, costs, and schedule in mind.
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will support the district which includes Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, and Utah. Location could vary according to the project and where your background best fits. We provide relocation assistance or travel/per diem when viable.
- Manage and direct project teams by providing communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood; Projects include both engineering design as well as construction execution. Expect to be involved with projects from the concept/bid/planning phase through final execution, start-up, commissioning, and turnover.
- Establish project procedures consistent with contractual documents and quality plans for all engineering work; determine and oversee all project controls, schedules and budgets.
- Serve as project representative with client, constructor, subcontractors, and vendors at kick-off meetings, job walks, project review, and other meetings and correspondence.
- Coordinate training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed.
- Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Maintain ongoing communication with client, making adjustments as necessary to comply with client needs within contractual obligations, or adjust project deliverables to meet client and Kiewit needs.
- Ensure all work products are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with good engineering practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements.
- Provide ongoing training and mentoring to entry and midlevel engineers to promote employee development.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of engineering fundamentals and practices to track and budget progress with project milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering in any discipline from a four-year college or university; Previous experience as a Project Manager in engineering design in Water/Wastewater Plants or plant pipelines (or both) is required for this role.
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a Project Manager on engineering and construction projects. Experience with designing a plant, conceptualizing a plant, developing engineering solutions for the plant or pipeline is required. Experience managing a project from cradle to grave (design through commissioning and turnover) is required. Proven success managing engineering and construction teams, managing schedules and adhering to budget is required. Experience with Design/Build/Alternative Project Delivery/EPC is required.
- Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Drywall Project Manager
Opening date:September 19
Closing date: October 19 2021
DPR Construction is seeking a Drywall Project Manager with a minimum of 10 years of commercial construction experience. This individual will be ultimately responsible for the day-to-day execution, project controls, project engineering, cost, risk, and business management of a particular project.
Management will be of commercial projects within our core markets: healthcare, higher education, advanced technology, life sciences and commercial. Project Managers will work closely with all members of the project team, project executives and regional leadership teams and will be responsible for the following:
- Management of all project team members (senior project engineer, project engineers, superintendents, and field office coordinator).
- Mentor, develop and train project engineers for fast-paced growth.
- 100% detailed/hands-on knowledge of project scope.
- Cost control/billings/collections/change management/cash flows/monthly status reports.
- Key point of contact with owner and architect.
- Challenge and support jobsite and self-perform work team.
- Accountable for project completion and financials, critical success factors, and customer satisfaction results.
- Coordinate and manage the execution of planning and scheduling of projects.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent listening and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to create and support team morale.
- Demonstrated understanding of building processes and systems.
- Work scope requires complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 10+ years of experience in commercial construction, preferably within DPR’s core markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
DPR has been nationally recognized for its strong company culture, based on a well-defined purpose “We Exist to Build Great Things,” and four core values: integrity, enjoyment, uniqueness and ever forward. A flat, title-less organization that empowers people at all levels to make decisions, DPR ranked on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for five consecutive years. For more information, visit http://www.dpr.com .