Banking and finance project management jobs in Richmond, VA
Find the banking and finance project management job of your dreams in Richmond, VA
Banking and Finance
Opening date:October 22
Closing date: November 22 2021
Industry:Banking and Finance ,
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
The scrum master is a member of a product team who has a primary responsibility to help the self-organizing, self-managing team achieve its goals. The scrum master facilitates the scrum processes, protects the team from interference, and helps remove impediments so that the team can deliver the sprint goal. They foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous process flow, and relentless improvement.
At the Richmond Fed, we’re driven by our mission to strengthen the economy and our communities. We take great pride in what we do and it impacts everyday people every day.
When you join our team, you’ll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we’ll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It’s all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!
About The Opportunity
The SAS Department has an immediate opening for a Scrum Master, reporting to the Senior Manager.
This role provides support for our external customer testing team across an array of testing campaigns, ensuring the safety and integrity of the service. The ideal candidate will be an integral member of a high performing team and adept at working across a multitude of teams.
What You Will Do:
- Oversees the agile process and provides mentoring on agile concepts/methodologies like Scrum/KanBan/ScrumBan/etc..
- Provides team one-on-one coaching to “build the product efficiently”. Accountable for the “when” associated with product delivery.
- Integrates cross-team dependencies with FRFS, Tech Forward, and National IT scrum masters.
- Conducts daily stand-ups for the Wholesale Testing Services DIT and Customer Testing teams, as well as the Testing RBC work streams to ensure teams are focused on the highest priority delivery and impediment resolution.
- Responsible for task tracking, backlog management, and providing input to roadmap(s) for the services provided by the teams.
- Develops metrics to measure throughput and cycle times for work delivered by the teams.
- BA/BS preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience as a scrum master or project manager supporting the delivery of a product
- Prior experience working with Kanban for managing workflow and proficient in Agile methodologies required
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills tailored for the intended audience. Ability to influence others, motivate and inspire the team, and drive results.
- Desire to work in a team and provide services and support to enable others to provide outstanding customer service. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels of the organization.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), PMI-ACP and/or other Agile related certifications required.
- Experience working with agile tracking products such as Jira, MS Planner, VersionOne, or similar products.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join the Richmond Fed, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict-of-interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role.
- Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
- Priority will be given to applications received before 5:00pm on October 22, 2021.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.