Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Construction Project Manager
Organisme à But Non Lucratif
Bien-être et Forme
Date de début :juin 14
Appliquer avant :juillet 14 2021
Industrie : Santé, Organisme à But Non Lucratif, Bien-être et Forme ,
Type :Temps partiel
Niveau d'ancienneté :
Description du poste
The University of Iowa Design & Construction team is seeking a Construction Project Manager to be responsible for the delivery of effective project management services. These projects have a high level of complexity and can be high profile and have a greater impact on the operations of the institution. Construction projects may be multi-phased with multiple contracts; project team may include staff from several disciplines and/or departments as well as Specialty Consultants. Project durations can be as long as 3-5 years.
Duties To Include
- Manage project schedule throughout course of design and/or construction process and develop schedule to assure desired project completion dates are met.
- Review bids received and recommend contract awards to administration.
- Provide expert advice on constructability impact in the formulation of schedules during design phase.
- Review design and/or construction for code compliance with current campus standards and industry best practices.
- Manage purchase orders and contracts on numerous single and multi-phased projects, and negotiate change orders and/or claims independently and make recommendation to administration for approval.
For a full job description, please send an e-mail to the contact listed below.
About Facilities Management Design & Construction
Design & Construction leads a comprehensive and cooperative approach to design and construction excellence in creating a campus that is consistent with the University of Iowa’s status as one of the nation’s leading academic/research institutions. We support the University’s mission to educate, provide community service and encourage environmental sustainability. Design & Construction takes an integrated and sustainable approach to the long-term planning and management of the University of Iowa’s land, buildings, and historic resources.
About Iowa City
The university is located along the picturesque Iowa River in Iowa City, a city of some 77,000 people (170,000+ in the metro area) regularly ranked as one of the nation’s best places to live. Iowa City is less than four hours from Chicago and within five hours of Minneapolis, St. Louis, and Kansas City, readily accessible via interstate highways and a regional airport 30 minutes away.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, construction technology, architecture or a related field or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Experience in construction management or construction supervision (typically 1-3 years).
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in computer software applications.
- Familiarity with construction site safety guidelines.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff at all levels of an organization.
- Experience in construction management or construction supervision on a university campus (typically 3-5 years).
- Experience in a customer focused, team-oriented environment.
- Experience with project management software.
- Experience managing healthcare, laboratory and/or MEPT capital improvement projects.
- Experience with commissioning processes and/or state building inspection procedures.
- Understanding of the total-cost-ownership approach to project decision making and other effective practices supporting facilities stewardship.
- In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
- Classification Title: E&A Project Specialist
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 10
- Starting Salary Minimum: 38607.12
- Starting Salary Maximum: 57399.12