Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Senior Project Manager/Estimator
Date de début :juin 13
Appliquer avant :juillet 13 2021
Industrie : Construction,
Type :Temps plein
Niveau d'ancienneté : 3-5 ans
Description du poste
Our client is a multi-generational family business that was born from hard work and an entrepreneurial spirit. Today, they continue in that family tradition by offering exceptional services in building restoration, interior renovations, and waterproofing.
As an experienced contractor that knows its industry, they are able to remain competitive. Whether they are taking on large-scale projects or small ones, we offer a range of services that few competitors can match.
Today, business is taking off like never before, and now, they are adding a new member to their talented project management team.
Senior Project Manager/Estimator
Estimation and project management are the foundation of our business, and you’ll play a critical role in ensuring project success for our team and clients alike.
While you won’t be doing much concrete work yourself, everything you do will empower and enable our team to do the job right. As a PM, you’ll have a hand in every stage of the project life cycle: from the early stages of research, proposals and bid submission, all the way through project planning, construction, and QA.
The best in this role will be excellent communicators who have a high attention to detail. You ensure that the smallest details (from budgets to deadlines) are accounted for; you manage client and coworker relationships with ease.
More specifically, you will:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations both on site and in office
- Review tender drawings/specifications for all projects related to Concrete Restoration, Parking Garage Restoration, Waterproofing & Traffic Coatings, Building Envelope Repair, Balcony Restoration, Interior Renovations
- Prepare project cost reports and progress invoices
- Review and evaluate cost estimates
- Research and pursue projects/bids and follow up as necessary
- Work with project team to complete RFPs/bids accurately and on time, accounting for budgets/estimates, bonds, insurance, etc.
- Contact and negotiate with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate coverage in consideration of budget and schedule
- Create detailed project plans with timelines and milestones
- Participate in site reviews, tender reviews, tender hand-off and project closings
- Ensures subs are aware of and commit to the project schedule
This is a full-time, permanent position, with regular hours Monday to Friday, plus flexibility on evenings and weekends during peak periods. In addition to a competitive starting salary, you’ll receive health and dental benefits, as well as access to our pension plan. There will be travel involved in this role, which could be a significant % depending on business needs.
There are plenty of great reasons to join our team: the informal but professional culture, or the fast-paced variety of projects. But more than anything, we’re proud to offer employees the chance for growth. Our PMs are a key part of our business, and as an experienced member of that team, you’ll have the chance to become a real stakeholder in the company. Down the line, that will lead to advancement and ownership opportunities.
- Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering or construction related field
- 8+ years progressive experience in a role involving or leading project management
- Experience in estimation, project/bid submission, and working closely with tender documents
- Experience in a client-facing role with ability to grow and manage client relationships
- Experience managing junior team members
- Proficiency in MS Office and standard industry software
- Valid Ontario G license and access to a reliable vehicle
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.