Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Technologie de l'information
Ordinateur et Logiciels
Date de début :mars 31
Appliquer avant :mai 02 2021
Industrie : Technologie de l'information, Ordinateur et Logiciels,
Type :Temps plein
Niveau d'ancienneté : 1-2 ans
Description du poste
Location: We will consider candidates based in the Greater Toronto Area, Vancouver, or Montreal, and are open to a blend of remote and in-person days in a typical work week.In this permanent full-time role, you will join Park People’s management team to support the growth of our professional services work. You will manage a small team of staff who are expanding the suite of Park People’s consulting services, professional development offerings and planning a national city parks conference in 2022. Park People is at the forefront of new ways of thinking about parks and public spaces in Canada as essential urban and social infrastructure, and we believe that park activation plays an important role in improving the quality of life in cities across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the expansion of our professional services and shape new strategies on how parks can make a positive impact in communities.We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader who has experience in social enterprise, consulting, or generating revenue through mission-driven work as a part of an NGO, and can leverage the deep subject matter expertise of the team as consultants, project managers and thought leaders.
Park People is dedicated to promoting equity, multiculturalism and inclusion in our offices and in all of the work that we do. We believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us different. We are striving for a staff team that is representative of the communities where we work, and encourage applications from BIPOC applicants.
For more information about Park People’s professional services, visit our website at https://parkpeople.ca/professional-services/.
As Program Manager, your role will include:
Program Management and Planning:
- Working collaboratively with the management team to set long and short-term priorities, and staffing and budget plans to meet goals
- Supporting revenue generating fee-for-service and professional services work across the organization by creating standard offerings, channels of communication with potential clients and tracking progress on projects underway.
- Ensuring projects and programs are integrated and supporting the organization’s mission and values
- Developing and providing oversight of program budgets
Program Design and Development:
- Building program partnership opportunities, particularly with municipal city staff
- Developing sustainable, strongly resourced programs with diverse funding sources
- Ensuring services are culturally relevant and responsive to community-identified needs
- Building a healthy team culture of collaboration, accountability, support, ongoing learning, and effective processes;
- Performance management, coaching and professional development for all direct reports
- Interviewing and selecting staff, orienting and training team members; ensuring Health and Safety protocols are in place for team
The skills and experience you bring to the role include:
- 3-5 years of experience in management roles and leading a multi-person staff team
- Strong people management and leadership skills including: delegation, project management, prioritization, strengths based coaching and mentoring
- Personal or professional experience in consulting, project management, organizational capacity building, providing training or professional development services
- Ability to identify potential partners and strengthening existing relationships, representing the organization with partners and funders, and providing leadership to collaborative initiatives
A few other things that aren’t required but would make you a great fit:
- Bilingualism (French and English) is a strong asset. We have several bilingual team members and provide professional services in both languages.
- Demonstrated understanding of budgeting, forecasting and analysis of budget vs. actual expenditures
- Demonstrated fundraising experience including proposal and report writing and relationship management
Starting Salary Range: $60,000-70,000
Anticipated Start Date: Mid/End of May 2021
Park People is a great place to work:
- We offer a generous benefits package including health and dental benefits, annual cost of living increases and a pension plan.
- We have an amazing work culture with smart, engaged colleagues who want to learn and improve while having fun.
- We have a casual and collegial work environment in Toronto, at a beautiful space at 401 Richmond St., which offers onsite childcare.
- We work remotely with colleagues across the country and have a strong culture of online collaboration and remote program delivery
- We value flexibility and work-life balance for our team members, offer generous vacation time, flexible work hours and telecommuting options.
- We offer time and funding to support education and training, and grow professionally with progressive career opportunities as Park People continues to grow.
- We provide you the chance to lead change and have an impact in communities across Canada.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one electronic file in confidence by Sunday, April 11, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com to provide your contact information. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.