Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Date de début :mars 26
Appliquer avant :avril 26 2021
Type :Temps plein
Description du poste
The Project Manager (PM) plays a crucial role in providing a competitive advantage for Marion Process Solutions and our customers through managing the overall process of all outstanding jobs from purchase order receipt to shipping of the finished product. By aligning the knowledge, resources, material, and staffing required to match the defined process established for the sales, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and aftermarket departments, the Project Manager will serve as the single point of accountability for efficient and effective flow as each job drives toward final completion.
This position reports to the General Manager/Marion Performance Group.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- All teammates are accountable for their ownership of safety and to encourage safety program compliance with all coworkers.
- Working with each department, the PM will lead the development of the optimal process to support the most timely and efficient flow of all necessary information, materials, and labor between departments.
- The PM will create a protocol to manage communication by and between departments to ensure accurate, timely, and effective collaboration.
- With the appropriate senior leader, create applicable key performance metrics to measure and report on a monthly basis.
- Lead weekly “Huddles” with the sales, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and aftermarket teams to define expectations for each job and synchronize each department’s performance requirements in support of the optimal process.
- Serve as liaison between the end-user and the engineering team to drive efficient and effective approval of drawings and the project in general.
- Review all work in process with each department to ensure each project will be delivered on time and complete.
- Work directly with the Production Planner to produce the optimal production plans based on the synchronization of each department’s defined processes.
- Create detailed project plans (with schedules) for each job which define the requirement flow and timing of all information (approval drawings, for example), materials, and labor.
- Track performance measures (actual hours to quoted hours, for example) of project progress to ultimate completion.
- Monitor all incoming material shipments to ensure that all necessary material is available to each fabricator or machinist when required.
- Monthly meetings with each department’s leader to review team performance and address shortfalls for immediate resolution.
- Lead debrief sessions for each job and those who touched that job.
- Report monthly to the Senior Leadership Team of any exceptions to optimal performance for each job, who was responsible for the shortfall, why, and the appropriate remedy.
- Ability to conduct crucial conversations in the spirit of performance.
- Process driven, with strong communication skills.
- Able to conduct themselves appropriately and professionally.
- Efficiency focused, with a drive toward continuous improvement and accountability.
- Ability to build strong relationships with vendors and co-workers, while holding them accountable for high standards of performance.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities with strict deadlines.
- Ability to analyze, identify and follow-up to resolve discrepancies.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on proven practices.
- Ability to decipher the immediacy of problems and determine an effective resolution for the issue.
- Ability to handle and resolve conflict in a respectful manner.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Four-year business degree, with a minimum of 5 years working experience in a manufacturing setting and team-oriented environment. Mechanical engineering degree preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, and reach with hands and arms.
- While at client facilities, the employee may be required to use agility to climb stairs and ladders, stoop, or crouch. Temperature extremes and variances may exist at these facilities.
- Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
- Completion of pre-employment drug screening required
- Must comply with corporate requirements for confidentiality and non-compete agreements
- Minimal travel on an as-needed basis
- Marion, Iowa - United States
- Hours: 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday with additional hours as required to fully complete the job requirements
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and/or activities may change at any time with or without notice.