Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Formulaire de candidature
Votre candidature a été envoyée
Et votre compte a été créé
Senior Project Manager, Engineering
Los Angeles, California, United States | Mailchimp
Postulez en utilisant le formulaire ci-dessous ou créez un compte pour accélérer le processus de candidature futur. Déjà enregistré ?
Senior Project Manager, Engineering
Date de début :mai 05
Appliquer avant :juin 05 2021
Industrie : Internet,
Type :Temps plein
Niveau d'ancienneté :
Description du poste
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Operations team is responsible for building out and scaling Mailchimp’s infrastructure and tooling, as well as provisioning, configuring, and monitoring the services in our data centers. Team members often work closely with our Engineering, Product, Legal, and other internally facing teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward.
Listening hard and changing fast means that we’re working on lots of cool things. We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager to help us get those things done. The ideal candidate is proactive and passionate about aligning people around a goal and helping teams to deliver.
Project Managers ma intain a holistic perspective across the needs of teams and projects, allowing us to propel work forward more efficiently and effectively, building momentum and removing barriers as they arise. We often draw from Lean and Agile methodologies, but we ultimately value project management styles that encourage collaboration, communication, and continuous improvement over strict adherence to a specific framework. We are looking for someone who shares these values.
Effective project managers often go by many different titles. If your previous experiences have provided you with the skills listed below, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s What You’ll Do
- Facilitate staffing and discovery discussions for Engineering-centered projects
- Lead teams through visualization and prioritization of work, tailoring approach and project management structure to the needs of the team
- Guide planning and technical discussions with both involved teams and external stakeholders in order to ensure all parties aligned around risk and trade off decisions
- Work with teams to establish a strategy and cadence for communication throughout the life of a project
- Ensure that teams are considering any necessary documentation, training, and communication that should accompany their work
- Continuously improve on the processes we use to manage our work, and develop new processes that make work easier
- Resolve unknowns and identify cross-functional needs
- Make project high level needs/issues/dependencies/wins visible to Engineering leadership
- Facilitate retrospectives and identify remediations
- Guide and collect team decisions, and make learning visible
- Act as an advocate for both our Engineering project teams and the goals of the business, raising difficult questions and smoothing communication where needed
If you have these qualities you should apply
- Previous experience managing work for teams
- An empathetic and proactive approach to communication and problem solving
- Ability to communicate clearly and with candor
- A talent for creating order out of ambiguity
- An understanding of how and when to use common project management structures and methods
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to discern situations that need flexibility and those that require consistent methodology
- A strong desire to learn and work on projects that using variety of technologies
- Knowledge of distributed computing isn’t required, but provides helpful context
We strongly encourage applicants from historically marginalized communities to apply, particularly people of color, immigrants, and members of the LBGTQ+ community.
- This role is open to remote - Mailchimp offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington state.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market , right on the Beltline . Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace , extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing . We hire humble , collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.