Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Senior or Project Manager - Toronto
Pétrole et Énergie
Date de début :juillet 12
Appliquer avant :août 12 2021
Industrie : Construction, Pétrole et Énergie, Ingénérie,
Type :Temps plein
Niveau d'ancienneté :
Description du poste
The Senior or Project Manager is responsible for the management of the overall project delivery and its resources to produce results in alignment with the Client’s and project’s requirements.
- Ensure the quality of output of the allocated project team, and that it is aligned with the needs of the project / study, the company objectives, the requirements of the client and meets regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the management and technical competence of the project team in the delivery of the projects / studies is enhanced and developed to meet the requirements of the Clients and their projects in accordance with the contract.
- Develop and maintain the various project specific procedures, work practices, plans and protocols to enable the project team to work efficiently and maintain a consistent approach and high standard of work.
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the project control (reporting, costs, schedule, trends, change management) in terms of both direct and indirect costs in accordance with the contract and in-house procedures.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
The direct reporting structure will be in accordance with the project organisational structure adopted. In general direct reports will include some or all of the following personnel from the Projects group. Other disciplines within the company will also report on a project specific basis.
- Senior Project Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Contract Engineers
- Construction Manager
- HSE Manager
- Materials Manager or equivalent
- Procurement Manager or equivalent
- Projects Controls Manager or equivalent.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
Demonstrate behaviour and practices in accordance with Lycopodium HSEC systems, policies, values and expectations, rules we live by and code of conduct.
Be familiar with specific role requirements as defined in instruction BRM-INS-011 HSEC organisation and responsibility.
Ensure overall schedules, budgets and target deliverables are achieved to a consistently high standard. Respond immediately to change to ensure projects are completed on time and budget in accordance with the contractual scope of work and services.
Ensure all Project activities are conducted in a manner that highly prioritises safety, environment, community and industrial relations.
Ensure all implementation approaches and project controls are reasonable in their establishment and revised as required and are met throughout the project.
Communicate immediately with the client on matters that affect the project goals.
Chair and minute weekly client meetings, and review minutes of other meetings held between the Client and other members of the project team.
Manage the compilation and submission of the project progress report monthly or as required by the contract.
Manage all members of the project team in the compliance with applicable project / study specific requirements and current industry work codes and standards.
Chair weekly project meetings and other review meetings as required.
Communicate daily with site based senior personnel.
Recruit projects and construction personnel as required in accordance with company guidelines.
Advise the Manager of Projects immediately on matters that negatively affect project goals.
Advise the Manager of Projects immediately of any serious safety, environmental, community or industrial relations incidents.
Business Development Support
Provide project support and input to proposals, customer presentations, and other marketing / business development activities as required. Prepare scope, budget and schedule for written proposals as requested.
- First pass approval of projects personnel timesheets.
- Approval of reimbursable project capital equipment or expenses subject to approval by the client or his approved representative within the guidelines of the contract.
- Allocation of duties for projects personnel assigned to specific projects and studies.
- Make recommendations to the Manager of Projects for the engagement and removal of Projects Group personnel from the project / study.
Engineering Qualifications Or Equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience:
At least 10 + years’ experience in various aspects of Project Management in the mineral processing and related industries. Experience in gold mineral process and working on projects in Africa is preferable.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical background with a broad multi-disciplinary base in mineral processing plant / infrastructure construction.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of project implementation, constructability, OH&S, environmental, community and industrial relations issues.
- Ability to achieve consistently high standards within budget and schedule constraints.
- Good organisational skills.
- Managerial-leadership ability.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Capacity to delegate appropriately.
- Capacity for clear thinking and planning.
- Capacity to evaluate work practices, implement systems and suggest alternatives and refinements where necessary.