Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Technical Project Manager
Date de début :mai 15
Appliquer avant :juin 15 2021
Type :Temps plein
Description du poste
We have an immediate opening for a unique position as Technical Project Manager with engineering skills. This position is responsible for technical compliance as well as managing Project-Based-Business orders. The Technical Project Manager is responsible for review of customer’s specifications in comparison to KSB’s technical offer and creating corresponding submittal documentation used to gain customer’s approval and release to manufacture. Additionally, the Technical Project Manager will be responsible for meeting or exceeding the expected completion time and project financial performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for interpreting and clarifying the client's needs to realize their expectations within financial boundaries.
- Review the Contract Documents and apply executed terms. Participate in contract negotiations as needed.
- Review municipal water and wastewater specifications and drawings (pump/mixer equipment and associated drives, speed control devices, controls, etc.) to define project scope and deliverables.
- Preparation of technical submittal documents for customer approval including 2D CAD drawings and 3D designs.
- Develop technical data for purchasing and operations.
- Consolidate as-sold budgets, control project execution budgets, and supervise project accounting.
- Communicate with customers on an ongoing basis.
- Define project success criteria, disseminate to involved parties, and continually manage expectations throughout project life cycle.
- Develop project plans, schedule and milestones. Track project milestones and deliverables on an ongoing basis and expedite as needed.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Issue status reports to the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Conduct project “lessons learned” meetings and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Disposition NCRs and customer claims with a focus on fulfilling customer expectations. Gather technical evidence to support warranty claims with suppliers.
- Provide local or remote support as needed to field service team during startup / commissioning activities
- Support sales team to secure contract awards as needed.
- Process contracts through company material and resource planning software to ensure accurate data is available for reporting.
- Other assignments that may be necessary to support the business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Time management – Aptitude for effectively prioritizing tasks to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Matrix management – Develop relationships, trust, empathy, and emotional awareness to successfully lead and influence stakeholders involved in the successful performance of the project. Maintain a team-oriented approach to knowledge sharing.
- Active Learning – Self-reliance to seek and acquire relevant knowledge for successful performance. Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision-making.
- Communication skills – effectively and concisely writing and speaking to convey information one-on-one and in group presentations.
- Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Deductive Reasoning – The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce sensible answers.
- Quality & Productivity – Produces work at a fast rate and with high accuracy. Demonstrates accountability if mistakes occur, and assures overall quality control.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and interpretation of an appropriate response.
- Remote supervision – Develop, maintain and grow successful business relationships with remote teams and supervisor.
- Travel – Occasional domestic and international travel to customers, vendors, and/or factory locations.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of project management experience in industrial equipment manufacturing or construction. Experience with rotating equipment or municipal water treatment equipment is a plus.
- Experience on public bid processes and municipal infrastructure projects is preferred.
- Experienced or familiar with the best practices established by the Project Management Institute for Project Management. PMP or CAPM certification is a plus.
- Microsoft Office competency is required. Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required. Experience with 3D design is preferred. 2D CAD as a minimum.