Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Senior Planner/Project Manager - Land Development
Date de début :juillet 23
Appliquer avant :août 23 2021
Industrie : Ingénérie, Environnemental,
Type :Temps plein
Niveau d'ancienneté : 3-5 ans
Description du poste
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Due to continuing growth in our planning group and a demand to expand our market reach, we are seeking a Senior Planner/Project Manager - Land Development for our GTA market located in our Whitby, ON office, with alternative Markham or Mississauga locations.
We have a diverse organization and are currently working across both private and public sector planning projects. This dynamic role will give the right person an opportunity to lead projects including a full and comprehensive range of land use planning and development related work, property assessments, proposals, designs and applications for clients.
- Lead the preparation, submission and processing of complex land use planning projects and applications including Official Plan and Zoning by-law amendments, plans of subdivision, site plans and condominium plan approvals in accordance with applicable provincial legislation and municipal regulations and policies
- Manage planning projects including assigning work and tasks to junior planning staff and direct communications with clients, municipal staff and review agencies
- Write and prepare a range of planning documents including formal planning reports, Official Plan amendments, zoning by-law amendments and correspondence with Municipal staff and agencies.
- Attend and present at public consultation meetings and Committee and Council meetings; provide expert Land Use Planning testimony at Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) hearings where necessary
- Coordinate a multi-disciplinary team of consultants to meet client project timelines
- Research governing planning policy documents and producing preliminary planning assessments for clients
- Assist technical support staff in preparing concept plans, site plans and report graphics
- Provide guidance and be a leader and mentor to junior staff
- Coordinate on future project work priorities and assist in developing yearly team plans and budgets for future planning group growth
- Post-secondary degree in urban planning from a recognized college or university
- Progressive planning experience in a senior role with project management responsibilities
- Membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute as a Registered Professional Planner (RPP)
- Consulting background as a lead planner / project manager responsible for private development planning applications is preferred
- Expert knowledge of the provincial land use planning system, legislation, policies and plans including: Places to Grow, Provincial Policy Statement, and the Planning Act
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills as well as advanced project management skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of current provincial, inter-regional, regional, and local planning issues
- Ability to lead, manage and empower a multi-disciplinary team of professional planners and specialists
- Previous experience in providing expert testimony as a Professional Planner at the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who We Are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.