Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Formulaire de candidature
Votre candidature a été envoyée
Et votre compte a été créé
Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Ecojustice Canada
Postulez en utilisant le formulaire ci-dessous ou créez un compte pour accélérer le processus de candidature futur. Déjà enregistré ?
150 jours | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Ecojustice Canada
Date de début :janvier 12
Appliquer avant :janvier 22 2021
Peut être fait à distance
Type :Temps plein
Description du poste
Position Type : Fixed Term Contract (18 months)
Date Posted:January 4, 2021
Closing Date : January 22, 2021
Location:This role will be worked remotely until at least Spring 2021.
With a portfolio focused on issues in Central and Eastern Canada, the ideal candidate will be able to access Ecojustice's Toronto, Halifax or Ottawa office once public health orders allow.An exciting opportunity has opened up to join Ecojustice in the role of Communications Specialist - Central/Eastern Canada.
The Communications Specialist plans and executes strategic communications and advocacy campaigns that win issues by mobilizing people and influencing decision-makers. Their ability to develop compelling messaging, work in partnership with our allies in the ENGO sectors, and ensure Ecojustice spokespeople are always ready to deliver a killer soundbite are essential to elevating Ecojustice's brand and building support for our mission.
Working closely with their peers on the communications team, they uphold standards of excellence in Ecojustice communications.This role requires the ability to move nimbly between long-range communications planning and day-to-day implementation of the work across multiple files, channels, and deadlines.
The ideal candidate is a thoughtful and resilient team player with a demonstrated ability to build high-trust relationships and deliver exceptional results.
Working with Ecojustice means joining a team of passionate, hard-working professionals. We strive to build a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment where all employees are valued for their contributions to our mission. Ecojustice is 100 per cent funded by individuals and organizations who share our values.
To learn more about how we are building the case for a better earth, please visit: ecojustice.ca.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Ecojustice:
Ecojustice is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. We will prioritize applications from individuals with relevant technical skills and who have personal or lived experiences of environmental racism and injustice and/or identify as Indigenous, Black, Asian, Latinx, LGBTQ2S+, or as a member of an underrepresented community.
Salary and Benefits:
Ecojustice offers a comprehensive total compensation package, which includes:
- Competitive salary;
- Extended health and dental coverage for employees and their dependents;
- RSP matching program;
- Wellness spending account for every employee
- Family friendly workplace policies, including a generous annual vacation allowance (starting at 3 weeks and increasing to 6 weeks), annual
- Care Days for physical wellbeing, mental wellbeing, and caring responsibilities, Winter office closure, annual paid float days, parental leave top-ups, monthly personal paid time off, and a workplace culture with an emphasis on work life balance;
- Volunteering incentives, to enable all employees to give back to the communities and causes that they are passionate about.
About the Role:
As a member of the Ecojustice Communicationsteam, the Communications Specialistplays a key role in:
- Strategic communications
- Work at the intersection of communications, marketing & engagement, and digital practice to leverage
- Ecojustice's litigation and law reform work and deliver high-impact communications and advocacy campaigns that mobilize people, influence decision-makers, and ultimately, win issues.
- Deliver and evaluate SMART campaign briefs, supporting issue notes, and key messages to position Ecojustice's strategic priorities favourably in the court of public opinion.
- Deliver targeted, scalable advocacy actions and outreach strategies to build public support for our law and policy asks.
- Write concise and compelling copy to be deployed across a multitude of assets and channels, including email, the Ecojustice website, media outreach efforts, etc.
- Exercise good judgement under pressure, assess risk and opportunity, and anticipate where and when strategic communications initiatives can affect on-the-ground outcomes.
- Track and evaluate campaign outcomes.
- Media relations
- Pitch Ecojustice's work to media outlets proactively; work with peers to strategically field and manage incoming inquiries.Train and prepare Ecojustice spokespeople for every media appearance or interview, and provide feedback on their performance.Issue media statements, releases.
- Craft and pitch timely opinion-editorial pieces to news outlets.Plan and execute media briefings and events.
- Partner relations
- Coordinate with Ecojustice's clients, partners, and allies to maintain clear lines of communication, align messages, negotiate strategy and joint outreach, or provide tactical advice.
- Train client spokespeople for media appearances or interviews, as required.
- Communications standardsAdhere to, and provide input on, Ecojustice's brand and style guide.
- Uphold guidelines and best practices for developing and executing communications work on Ecojustice tools and platform e.g. SEO standards, tracking results and reporting.
- Conduct quality-check on outbound communications, as required.
- Personal leadership
- Cultivate and live into a personal commitment to justice, diversity, equity & inclusion.
- Advocate for and enhance the overall communications savvy, capacity, and reputation of Ecojustice.
- Develop trusting, collaborative relationships inside Ecojustice and beyond.Help recruit and supervise volunteers where appropriate.
- Model positive, collaborative behaviours in all team and cross-departmental interactions.
This job may require additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by Ecojustice
You'll thrive in this role if:
- Your passion for crafting inspiring narratives that move people to action is matched only by your passion for working in a team-first culture and exchanging ideas and knowledge with your colleagues.You are a self-starter who thrives under pressure and can set clear priorities and manage time and resources efficiently.
- You excel at distilling complex subject matter into accessible public messages and can present information in an accurate and compelling way.
Education & experience requirements:
- 4+ years communications experience, including experience delivering advocacy campaigns, media training spokespeople, and coordinating partner relations.
- University degree, or equivalent, in a related field.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform duties:
- A bias for action with the initiative and the natural inclination to seek out answers rather than wait for them to come to you.
- Proficiency in communications and advocacy campaign planning, and an aptitude for project management and strategy development.
- Must be technically and digitally-literate, and able to quickly learn and adapt to emerging techniques, tools, and information
- Strong storytelling, copywriting, and editing skills, and confidence working across multiple channels and speaking to multiple audiences.
- Entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving and ability to keep a cool head in high-pressure environments.
- A demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality work and developing high-trust relationships, particularly when working with multiple stakeholders
- Hands-on experience working in the non-profit sector and an orientation toward environmental and social justice issues are strong assets.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume online no later than January 22nd, 2021.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Michele Hooey, People & Culture Advisor, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org