Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Formulaire de candidature
Votre candidature a été envoyée
Et votre compte a été créé
Engineering Project Manager
South Burlington, Vermont, United States | DR Power Equipment
Postulez en utilisant le formulaire ci-dessous ou créez un compte pour accélérer le processus de candidature futur. Déjà enregistré ?
Engineering Project Manager
Engineering Project Manager
132 jours | South Burlington, Vermont, United States | DR Power Equipment
Date de début :février 04
Appliquer avant :mars 07 2021
Description du poste
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
There’s never been a better time to work at DR Power Equipment, a Generac Power Systems Company. We’re shaping the market and investing in new companies and new technologies. Our rapid growth equals career opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture. Join us in our new location in South Burlington, overlooking Vermont's Green Mountains!
In the role of Engineering Project Manager working in South Burlington, you will be a part of the Chore Business Group. As the Engineering Project Manager you are responsible for planning and executing all product development activities including new product introductions, cost reduction, technology integration, and life cycle product support. The position requires excellent technical and cross-functional product development knowledge coupled with superior people leadership skills. This is an exciting role where you with have a tremendous impact on the organization.
This position reports to the Director of Project Management and works cross functionally.
- Defines and directs the work of cross-functional project teams. Coaches and enables teams to succeed at project execution. Sets clear expectations to inspire and engage the team. Works with functional management to provides input for performance-- recognizing achievement, providing feedback and supporting progressive improvement guidance when necessary.
- Enable and drive world class excellence within project management and product development teams. Define and produce results that are specifically targeted for one or multiple business groups’ product development goals. Lead projects in collaboration with engineering and product management for new product development via the Generac Development Process (GDP).
- Work with Product Management in creating product development plans that target specific customers’ needs and/or business goals. Drive the transformation of Product Requirements into Project Scope, Design and Product Realization requirements.
- Effectively manage the development process (e.g. develop schedule/cycle time reduction techniques, process standards for improved predictability and speed, manage process globally/across multiple projects/ locations, meet project and product cost goals). Utilize the Generac Development Process (GDP) Milestones and Design Reviews as key drivers of product development progression.
- Develop and lead a Risk and Mitigation plan for projects. Define and lead contingency option assessment when needed, then select and execute recovery plans.
- Manage attributes and decisions specific to any of the product markets such as make vs. buy (globally), shipping and logistics cost, bidding process, optimizing as-delivered cost of components and whole installed products.
- Achieve target product cost for Generac and product life cycle cost for Customers.
- Collaborate with engineering, sales, operations, finance, and other departments to implement new product development concepts, technologies, techniques, standards and procedures.
- Provide project management leadership oversight for new product development projects including: creating and maintaining development schedules, executing product development plans (product cost, resources to complete project, quality targets, product specification adherence, development and execution of product verification test plans, product introduction, etc.), interfacing with cross-functional company personnel.
- Ensure the optimal application of project resources to meet each product development plan.
- Develop and lead the product development life cycle which includes interaction from the various business segments throughout design, manufacturability, introduction and serviceability, providing our customers the very best in innovation, quality, value and customer satisfaction.
- Identify, evaluate and document “lessons-learned" during the project and communicate best practices and lessons learned to project team members to implement into future projects via the GDP Post-Launch phase processes.
- Create and maintain an organizational culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement/commitment and a sense of urgency toward goals, and continuous improvement.
- Support development of project management talent throughout the company, recommend training and growth plans for employees.
- Act as a Project Management process development and training leader for specific cross-functional area(s) as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in related field;
- 5 years of progressive work experience in engineering, brand/product management of equipment, machinery or other powered products;
- 3 years of project management experience in manufacturing of industrial/commercial equipment, machinery or other powered products.
- 4 years of experience and leadership using enterprise level business systems for product design, manufacture and sales / distribution;
- Solid understanding of engineering technical issues/needs, manufacturing, supply chain, service, customer service, financial, sales, and marketing as related to product design and development.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”