Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Date de début :avril 01
Appliquer avant :mai 01 2021
Type :Temps plein
Niveau d'ancienneté : 1-2 ans
Description du poste
Under general direction, is responsible for planning, developing and implementing project efforts that utilize solutions for one or more small to medium-sized, moderately complex projects. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment. May exercise functional supervision over assigned staff.
This position is an "unclassified" position and has no disciplinary appeal rights to the Municipal Civil Service Commission.This position is likewise subject to at-will employment status and can be terminated at any time for any reason.
WORK LOCATION: Southwest Service Center 6927 W. Commerce, San Antonio, Texas
Essential Job Functions
- Manages the design, development, and implementation of projects to include, but not limited to gathering and defining the project requirements; obtains staffing requirements; and forms projected teams.
- Develops methods, procedures, and quality objectives including metrics for assessing progress; utilizes established project standards, procedures, and quality objectives.
- Conducts project kickoff meetings; communicates individual roles and project expectations; ensures all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Develops detailed project plans and schedules.
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work, and review of project efforts.
- Monitors project milestones and critical dates to identify potential risk to project schedule; identifies ways to resolve schedule issues; keeps management current on any changes.
- Assesses variances from the project plans; gathers metrics and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Conducts formal quality assurance reviews with business sponsor during and upon project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Provides the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance.
- Interviews, selects, supervises, develops and if necessary counsels personnel according to established COSA policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, project team members, and vendors.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Public or Business Administration, or a related field.
- Two (2) years of project management experience.
- Licensed Engineer.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Construction experience.
- Project management experience.
- If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses must be submitted at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related full-time experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience in order to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is defined as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants selected for employment with the City of San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of organization, administration, and personnel management.
- Knowledge of principles of accounting.
- Knowledge of principles of budget development and administration.
- Skill in developing project plans and scope of work.
- Skill in using personal computers and a variety of MS Office software applications.
- Skill in tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to estimate, plan, track, control costs and provide status reporting.
- Ability to plan, execute, and control a project (establishing realistic estimates and reporting metrics).
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to assess and analyze project risks and exposures; identify options and alternatives, make decisions, and implement corrective actions.
- Ability to lead a group to accomplish a common goal.
- Ability to promote and build a team atmosphere, motivating team members.
- Ability to prepare detailed technical reports and presentations.
- Ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to perform all the physical requirements of the position, with or without accommodations.