Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Technologie de l'information
Date de début :février 08
Appliquer avant :mars 12 2021
Industrie : Technologie de l'information,
Type :Temps plein
Description du poste
Bird Construction is a leading Canadian construction company operating from coast-to-coast and servicing all of Canada's major markets. Bird provides a comprehensive range of construction services from new construction for industrial, commercial, and institutional markets; to industrial maintenance, repair and operations services, heavy civil construction, and contract surface mining; as well as vertical infrastructure including, electrical, mechanical, and specialty trades. For over 100 years, Bird has been a people-focused company with an unwavering commitment to safety and a high level of service that provides long-term value for all stakeholders.
The Project Manager leads, directs and coordinates the daily management of the assigned project(s). This leadership position is accountable for the overall performance of the project including costs, schedule, quality, project status, and adherence to company policies and procedures. More importantly, the Project Manager will manage a successful team and help develop future construction professionals.
Primary Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Provide safety leadership through implementation of Bird Safety Program and monitoring of safety performance of project team and subcontractors.
- Planning, scheduling, setting objectives and controlling activities during the construction phase of a project(s) in conjunction with the Project Superintendent and Project Team.
- Supervision and development of project team members through regular feedback, training and coaching; timely completion of performance evaluations.
- Administration and management of prime contract and subcontracts; includes negotiation and awarding of subcontracts for scopes of work as well as review and evaluation of subcontractor performance.
- Manage project budget and billings and work with accounting to ensure timely payment of A/R and A/P.
- Review and analysis of costs and identify revenue opportunities.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting on financial and overall performance of project to Senior Management.
- Foster and maintain positive relations and communication with clients, consultants, architects and subcontractors.
- Institutional and commercial construction background.
- Completed education in a construction-related discipline as well as progressive experience in General Contracting; direct project management of large institutional or commercial projects.
- Your demonstrated leadership, project management and problem-solving skills support your collaborative approach to delivering results and developing team members. Service and results-oriented, you are able to build and steward trust with a broad network of professional colleagues, subcontractors and team members to effect competitive excellence, pride in teamwork and outstanding project delivery.
- You have demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, workforce management, project execution, cost control, quality and administration.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office including MS Project; experience with Viewpoint Project Management system will be considered an asset.