Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Sr Automation Project Manager
Date de début :mai 09
Appliquer avant :juin 09 2021
Industrie : Construction,
Type :Temps plein
Niveau d'ancienneté : 3-5 ans
Description du poste
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa with over 650 employees, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Electrical, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories. Please visit our website at www.thebakergroup.com to learn more about our company and other open positions we may have available.
Create and develop relationships supportive of the Baker Group mission statement with employees, internal and external clients. Additionally, provide opportunities to increase business unit revenues by marketing and cross selling products and services provided by Baker Group. Manage projects in a manner that compliments all facets of the project from design to owner training. Maintain and grow the “Client for Life” concept for existing and new clients.
Assist the team by providing inspiring day-to-day hands-on leadership of the Business Unit. Coach, mentor and train the next generation of leaders. Provides sales support as needed to secure potential sales. Responsible for execution coordination, project documentation, project financials and client satisfaction. Performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Deep understanding of automation systems and construction coupled with a well-rounded background in mechanical and electrical systems and services.
• Deep understanding of Baker Group and collaboration with all Baker Group Business Units (BUs)
• Offer and implement solutions to clients through engineering and field personnel
• Continuously develop relationships with existing clients and pursue opportunities which provide long-term client relationships and revenue opportunities
• Educate clients on Baker Group capabilities in automation business, and cross-sell capabilities for revenue opportunities within other business units
• Utilize internal estimating software and standard product selections to develop solutions for clients and review with team members prior to client submission – make sure we can deliver what we are selling
• Act as account manager or single point of contact with client during project execution
• Attend scheduling meetings with Operations Manager – assist with scheduling field labor
• Attend project meetings internal and external – provide communication written and verbal regarding information requests, proposal requests, coordination, submittal reviews, etc.
• Initiate turnover meetings to engineering and field discussing project scope, safety, timelines, etc.
• Procure subcontracts as required for installation – utilize procurement documented format when obtaining multiple bids
• Utilize company standard documents for business development, pre-proposal checklists, turnovers, subcontracts, purchase orders, warranty, etc.
• Manage the project to ensure financial success of the project
• Accurate daily time and equipment reporting
• Coach, mentor, and train project managers, project engineers and system engineers in both Automation and other BUs
• Assist with the development of marketing materials and performance at partner training and education events
• Assist with and lead Tier III Business Development Pursuits
• Assist with the development of Core Process and Standards
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, Engineering preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Automation and HVAC systems
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in estimating and managing automation projects, as well as building and growing client relationships
• Must have a good driving record
• A contingency for employment will require the successfully passing of a background investigation
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Able to manage teams successfully and profitably
• Advanced knowledge of Control Systems design and construction, means and methods, estimating, scheduling and cost control
• Ability to effectively delegate the type and amount of work to others in order to leverage personal effectiveness
• Effectively prioritize and balance the “big picture” and immediate responsibilities
• Ability to listen effectively, value the opinions of others and acknowledge contributions of others
• Ability to communicate and work well with others at all levels
• Ability to train, manage and hold staff accountable to get results
• Ability to recognize, select and hire top talent at appropriate times
• Ability to manage risk in understanding areas of exposure in estimates, schedules, contracts and site conditions
• Ability to resolve issues promptly for a “win-win” solution
• Consistently display natural leadership skills and qualities to guide the team leaders and other direct reports
• Value and support company mission and culture, as well as participate in community activities
• Display honesty, integrity, sound reasoning, good judgment/values, and lead by example, all while maintaining strong internal and external relationships at all levels
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.