Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Senior Technical Project Manager
Pétrole et Énergie
Date de début :avril 09
Appliquer avant :mai 09 2021
Industrie : Pétrole et Énergie, Électronique, Services Public,
Type :Temps plein
Niveau d'ancienneté :
Description du poste
The NY Grid Model Enhancement Project (GMEP) is a 5-year (2021-2025) project with a CapEx budget of ~30M. GMEP is a cornerstone for grid modernization efforts and is one component of the New York State REV initiative. It has been identified as a significant project within both the 2020 Distribution System Implementation Plan (DSIP) Filing submitted in July 2020, and the 2019 New York Rate Case Joint Proposal approved in November 2020.
In parallel, planning is underway for a CMP GMEP (2021-2023) project which has an estimated budget of ~15M. This is an essential initiative to enhance the processing of large-scale Distribution Energy Resource (DER) request applications, expand Distributed Generation hosting capacity, review non-wire alternative solutions, and to identify new projects or potential upgrades to mitigate current reliability concerns.
The Companies expect the NY and CMP GMEP projects to be combined, so that the scope of this position would address both efforts.
The GMEP project will enhance the accuracy of the physical and electrical data represented in Avangrid data sources. When complete, the data model will allow for improved analysis, monitoring, control, planning, and forecasting of the Electric Distribution System.
This effort will enhance Distribution Planning and Operations ability to perform core and advanced functions. GMEP will change the processes and responsibilities in all areas of the Companies from initial planning through field execution.
Initially this position would be responsible for leading the overall GMEP initiative in:
- Establishing a streamlined quality control process to maintain integrity of the data model from data capture through data analysis;
- Refining and enhancement of system interfaces (SAP, GIS, CYME, etc.);
- Automating manual processes to operate more efficiently and effectively; and
- Leading a physical field inventory of 1,900 electric distribution circuits (44,000 miles) at NYSEG and RG&E, and 475 electric distribution circuits (24,000 miles) at CMP which includes distribution lines, structures, and equipment detail such as phase orientation, designation, and equipment nameplate information.
This position reports to the Director of Programs & Projects within Smart Grids.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Build and manage a team of 5-7 core SME’s with proficiency in Distribution Planning, Electric Operations, Change Management, Electric Maintenance Engineering, IT / OSG, and Master Data.
- Collaborate across multiple Operating Companies and functional areas including Electric Operations, Asset Management, Distribution Planning, Customer Service, Metering, GIS Operations, and IT, in order to meet project requirements.
- Develop and document sustainable business processes, protocols, and tools prior to conducting field inventory.
- Provide expertise and immediacy of decision making, hold project team members accountable for results, coaches and guides team members, resolve disputes and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Drive objectives to meet scope, schedule, design, testing requirements, and ultimately transition to Operations. Monitor progress against the plan.
- Manage integration of complex systems (SAP, GIS, CYME Gateway, AMI, etc.).
- Perform fiduciary responsibilities including the management of Framework Agreements, Purchase Orders, Work Orders, budget forecasts, and variance reporting.
- Lead regular project status and Steering Committee meetings.
- Generate and present reports in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Evaluate and summarize regulatory filings, interrogatories, orders, and policy reports that impact project strategy or business implications.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 7 years' relevant experience including 5 to 7 years of project/program management of medium-large scale projects.
- Knowledge and experience developing project Charters, Dossiers, Resource Plans, Global Socialization, and presentations for OC Notation, MOC, and BOD.
- Experience in leading teams of both internal and external resources.
- Experience and understanding of establishing project accounting according to guidelines to ensure cost recovery through accurate reporting.
- Experience with SAP for financial budgeting, forecasting and tracking.
- Knowledge and experience navigating the Procurement Process.
- Experience working with IT from development of IT PDDs to requirements identification.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint, Teams).
- A Change Management, PMP and/or Lean Six Sigma Certification(s) is a plus.
- Employment experience with a Gas or Electric utility is a plus.
- Knowledge of Electric Operations current processes to record, gather, and maintain data.
- Knowledge of Distribution Planning processes, and criticality of filling data gaps.
- Knowledge of Information Technology design, architecture, and data virtualization.
- Project Management (individual projects, linked projects)
- Change Management (people, process, technology) experience
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communications / Influencing
- Negotiation / Dispute Resolution
- Analytical Capabilities
- Regulatory Experience
- Working knowledge of several utility business areas (e.g., Electric Operations, Gas Operations, Customer Service, Asset Management & Planning, IT)
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Agility, versatility, and flexibility; productive in a multi-tasking and rapidly changing environment
- Metrics design and development
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables