Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Manager - Engineering Programs/Projects
Pétrole et Énergie
Date de début :janvier 26
Appliquer avant :février 26 2021
Industrie : Pétrole et Énergie,
Type :Temps plein
Description du poste
Company: ROCHESTER GAS & ELEC CORP
Location: Rochester, NY, US
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world's biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
The Manager - Programs/Projects is responsible for coordinating activities between several substation projects located in New York, by managing resources requirements, priorities, investment plans, project execution strategy and internal/external resource requirements. Substations projects may originate due to reliability, asset health, or other project need.
Responsibility includes meeting corporate goals for capital investment, managing Construction Work in Progress, and energization of projects. Must manage team performance to maximize the effectiveness of capital budget delivery considering the environment, operating efficiency, regulatory, CWIP and operational needs.
The Manager - Programs/Projects would have to represent the company in regulatory and public forums. Coordinate activities of project team members including engineers, construction managers, and external contractors. Facilitates the work of external contractors and other internal business areas. Holds contractors accountable for performance. Holds project team members accountable for results. Provides technical advice to senior management when required. Responsible for the overall project control and reporting, providing leadership and coordination of the scheduling, cost controlling and reporting processes and functions. Ensure projects are delivered on schedule, within budget and in conformance to quality and engineering standards.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Interfacing with municipal stakeholders and local permitting agencies program and project management skills leadership skills document control
- Participates in project team scheduling and budgetary planning processes
- Works within the project unit, managing internal and external project resources. Sets unit goals and direction to align and undertakes action plans, program management to accomplish goals.
- Oversees project budgets. Analyzes project unit performance and initiates actions to control scope, schedule and cost performance. Proactive approach to overseeing work measures progress and takes actions to ensure budgets and deadlines are achieved. Approves project plans, executes contract strategies to undertake work and controls and authorizes expenditures. Initiates actions to ensure compliance with a project management and quality management processes and procedures. Assures that projects are completed within the approved scope, schedule and budget
- Coordinates with other departments, consultants, attorneys, utilities, regulatory agencies, government agencies, and major customers. May represent the company and testify in regulatory hearings or at Federal, State or local agency or municipal meetings.
- Coordinates efforts of cross-functional project teams. Holds regular project status meetings. This may request travelling to the areas where the stations are located.
- Considers innovative ways to undertake work, promoting automation and efficiencies in day to day work streams
- Provides recommendations on policies and goals desired and implements new/revised processes and procedures according to established guidelines
- Responsible for the overall management and control of project unit budgets including O&M and Capital
- Responsible for the overall procurement phase of external services. This may include the preparation of bidding packages, analysis of the technical proposal, as well as contract management until the end of the contract.
- Informs management and project teams regarding cost and schedule performance variances and corrective action required.
- Responsible for the risk control and mitigation actions
- Continually monitors individual progress to insure meeting of specific deadlines.
- Responsible for Project accountability overview, making sure that it complies with FERC, NERC and any other applicable regulation.
- Provides linkage to executives for decision making outside of day-to-day program/project team activities
- Is the lead team member with respect to accomplishing day-to-day goals and provides expertise and immediacy of decision making. Holds project team members (internal and external) accountable for results
- Responsible for the overall engineering design and construction. The Project Manager will provide input to the development engineering team during the development phase of projects.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with 7 years relevant experience required. Experience in energy industry preferred.
- Substation design experience required (minimum 2 years)
- Protection and control systems experience will be considered as a plus
- Field experience (construction and testing and commissioning) will be considered as a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- Ability to mobilize team members to deliver projects on time and under budget
Expert in integrating Scheduling IT tools and software. For example MS Project with costs and resource requirements.
- Risk management and mitigation plans
- Expert in utilizing MSExcel for data analysis, budgeting and planning and optimizing schedules.
- Ability to use and query SAP preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Public presentation skills and ability to summarize concepts utilizing Microsoft Project
- Understanding of quality assurance processes and implement with project structure.
Knowledge of main configuration and general arrangements of networks (substations, overhead lines and cable) infrastructures
- Experience supervising field personnel and construction contractors preferred
- Proven ability to lead teams and work in a team environment
- Team oriented
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777.