Les meilleures perspectives d'emploi en gestion de projet
Formulaire de candidature
Votre candidature a été envoyée
Et votre compte a été créé
Project Manager - Professional Services
San Antonio, Texas, United States | Wind River
Postulez en utilisant le formulaire ci-dessous ou créez un compte pour accélérer le processus de candidature futur. Déjà enregistré ?
Project Manager - Professional Services
Technologie de l'information
Ordinateur et Logiciels
Date de début :mars 26
Appliquer avant :avril 26 2021
Industrie : Technologie de l'information, Ordinateur et Logiciels, Télécommunication,
Type :Temps plein
Niveau d'ancienneté : 1-2 ans
Description du poste
Position at Wind River
Requires previous experience with embedded systems and/or RTOS(VxWorks, Lynx, QNX, RTLinux).
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
About The Opportunity
We are seeking a junior level Project Manager with solid embedded software technical skills. Your contributions in the role play a critical part in our North America Professional Services team, having project ownership of a wide range of responsibilities which lead to ultimately delivering on all customer commitments.
The Focus Of This Role Has Two Main Areas
- Proposal Development, Estimation and Pre-sales support work with the sales staff, business directors, technical leads, and other project managers to qualify pre-sales opportunities, perform architecture trade-off analysis and project feasibility, document proposed product solutions, estimate costs, and schedules, prepare written proposals, and present proposals to customers on larger or technically challenging projects or multiple related projects. Your work here will span industrial, aerospace & defense, networking, medical and automotive projects to name a few.
- Project Execution from start to finish. Set-up project development teams and manage the teams to complete small to large projects in technically challenging areas. You will work directly with our Customers on these projects and you and your team will be responsible for delivering these design projects on time and within budget while meeting feature, quality, and contract requirements and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
The Project Manager will work with a range of colleagues to assess & formulate plans on how best to address customer needs, enhance the depth of customer relationships, maximize business potential in opportunities assigned, and ensure resources allocated to customer projects are efficiently and appropriately engaged.
Working in an open, transparent spirit, where partnership & trust are embedded in our culture and critical to success within our entire organization, the Project Manager will regularly work with and through many colleagues, including the Resource Management Office, Engineering, Sales, Finance, and Legal.
- Primary customer interface and responsible for maintaining customer focus and managing the customer interaction during discovery and evaluation of requirements
- Manages execution on the opportunity and maintains Wind River inter-group relationships throughout pre-sales life cycle
- Responsible for delivery of proposal packages including Statements of Work (SOW), project plan, detailed schedule, resources planning, risk assessment and management, cost and profit analysis
- Conducts technical and business presentations to customers
- Projects high levels of confidence and strong technical ability to our customers and has a track record of successful closure on opportunities.
- Ensuring deliverables are world-class standard
- Embedding a culture of continuously improving & optimizing processes
- Measuring, analyzing & taking action to continuously improve customer satisfaction including effective escalation management
- In due course, responsible for the management of staff and other Project Managers
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Engineering project and personnel management skills as demonstrated by successfully planning and managing multiple simultaneous engineering projects; building and leading development teams; and directing the design and troubleshooting of complex software and hardware systems
- Direct customer interface experience with a track record of achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strength in planning and organization; verbal and written communications; effectiveness as a team leader; drive and perseverance in accomplishing goals; professional integrity; adaptability to new projects; resourcefulness; energy and motivation to initiate and complete tasks; and enthusiasm building expertise in the technology
- Experience working with and guiding international teams is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent; MBA preferred
- Additional course work in business management or a Project Management Institute certificate a plus
- 2+ years engineering experience or management expertise with embedded software and/or hardware and/or embedded software
- Expect up to 30% domestic and international travel
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Benefits Package including a bonus program
- 401K + Company Match
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Technical, Leadership and Management training
- Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.