White & Case LLP
White & Case is a global law firm with longstanding offices in the markets that matter today. Our on-the-ground experience, our cross-border integration and our depth of local, US and English-qualified lawyers help our clients work with confidence in any one market or across many.
We guide our clients through difficult issues, bringing our insight and judgment to each situation. Our innovative approaches create original solutions to our clients’ most complex domestic and multijurisdictional deals and disputes.
By thinking on behalf of our clients every day, we anticipate what they want, provide what they need and build lasting relationships. We do what it takes to help our clients achieve their ambitions.
Engaging with White & Case on LinkedIn: https://www.whitecase.com/privacy-policy
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, USA, 10020
Practice Technology Project Manager
Practice Technology Project Manager
9 days ago | Los Angeles, California, United States | White & Case LLP
Opening date:July 22
Closing date: August 22 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Financial Services,
White & Case is an elite global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Our long history as an international firm means we are perfectly placed to help our clients resolve their most complex legal challenges wherever they may be.
With lawyers operating from more than 40 locations, working in virtually every country of the world, we have invested heavily in building a high-quality full-service practice competing at the top of the market. We are distinguished by our on-the-ground presence in the world’s key financial markets and our strengths in handling complex cross-border work.
It’s not just about our global network of offices; it’s the global interconnectedness of the Firm that our people, and our clients, value most. We work well together across geographic and practice boundaries. It’s one of the reasons we attract and retain cross-border work. And why we attract a diverse group of people.
Our lawyers are globally minded, enterprising, collaborative and committed to excellence. Diversity is a core value of our Firm and it has been recognized with numerous awards and top rankings around the world. Our people represent 90 nationalities and speak 80 languages.
The Project Manager will report to the department Manager. Requirements include 4+ years of eDiscovery vendor, Big 4, or AmLaw100 practice technology experience, with a strong emphasis on litigation. Experience with transaction technology tools such as Luminance, Document Automation, HighQ, and Transaction Management a strong plus. Additionally, strong general technical background in data analytics, PowerBI, API integrations, Coding, is strongly preferred.
The position will be responsible for overseeing, coordinating and tracking project progress and workflow from inception to trial. Strong Relativity database and analytics experience required. Strong experience with Brainspace workflows and analytics a plus. Experience designing databases and reports; reviewing and quality checking database data loads; coordinating complex projects; developing recommendations, plans, cost estimates, budgets, procedures, and specifications for case-specific projects from discovery to trial phase; drafting project proposals and provide status reports; providing end user support and customer service; troubleshooting litigation support firm applications; processing experience a plus.
This position requires flexibility in work hours, and will probably include at least three evening shifts and weekend shifts.
Our Knowledge Team
The global Knowledge Department keeps W&C at the forefront of today’s changing legal landscape. We help lawyers practice smarter as they deliver world-class client service. Our work ranges from helping the Firm leverage the latest legal, client and market knowledge to providing front-line support for legal teams in their client work.
We have a broad platform: Professional Support, Research, Practice Technology, Information Governance, Knowledge Systems, and Practice Innovation. Our professionals use information management, research, training and technical solutions to help lawyers work efficiently and collaboratively. The goal is to make sure the Firm’s shared knowledge is leveraged for the benefit of our clients.
- Working with case teams to plan electronic discovery projects for both ESI and paper files, including identification, preservation, collection, processing, analysis, review, and production of ESI.
- Working with matter teams to run due diligence projects, or assist with transaction management.
- Overseeing each project and ensuring quality and success through actions.
- Working on special projects for key and large clients including offering technology solutions and support as appropriate.
- Consulting with case teams regarding best practices for document management, electronic discovery, and matter workflow.
- Preparing recommendations, budgets, and project plans.
- Communicating with case teams on discovery management issues, such as budget status and production planning.
- Reporting to case teams and management on project status.
- Tracking and analyzing incoming client data.
- Designing databases in vendor applications and internal litigation support applications.
- Supporting large technical clients with bespoke technologies, workflows, and solutions.
- Project Management and data tracking.
- Advising and recommending vendor selection.
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally to support cases
- Meet billable hours set by firm
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; RCA Certification strongly preferred
- Legal Project Management and business analysis certification a plus, PMP or ACEDS.
- 4+ years of experience working with and managing electronic discovery projects.
- Project Management certification and experience with Project Management software a plus.
- Experience with large, class actions, or multi-district litigation a plus; experience with matter management tools a plus.
- Trial support experience, including Hot Seat, Exhibit Management, and paperless trials is a strong plus.
- Thorough knowledge of designing databases and workflows for organizing and review of data.
- Experience in analyzing data processing reporting generated by vendors and internal processing.
- Experience with government investigation matters and managing the data deliverables.
- Experience managing cases across multiple offices, domestic and/or international, on large matters.
- Thorough knowledge of the electronic discovery process, including evolving standards created through case law, rulemaking, and groups such as EDRM and The Sedona Conference.
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of hardware and software utilized for information retrieval and archiving; ongoing deep, broad, and current knowledge of emerging products and technological solutions.
- Able to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism and client service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment under strict deadlines, effectively manage multiple responsibilities, and meet budget and deadline demands.
- Experience working alongside Legal Project Managers, Professional Support Lawyers, IT, and other functions a plus.
- Highly developed organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Possess superb written and verbal communication skills to enable effective and professional communication with clients, colleagues, and vendors.
Location & Reporting
- This role is based in Los Angeles.
- This role reports to the Manager of Practice Technology.
The Firm may modify and amend any job description at any time in its sole discretion. Nothing herein creates a contract of employment or otherwise modifies the at-will nature of employment.
1The above is only a general description of the essential duties associated with this position and does not represent an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all duties.