Unboxed Training & Technology
Unboxed Training & Technology creates award-winning training and software solutions that educate and empower employees, customers, and users from around the world. From interactive training content to mobile-friendly software apps, we partner with companies to get the most from every employee and customer interaction with a smart mix of training and technology. Our approach is different, and our clients’ results prove it.
2201 W Broad St, Richmond, VA, USA, 23220
Client Project Manager
Client Project Manager
7 days ago | Richmond, Virginia, United States | Unboxed Training & Technology
Opening date:May 04
Closing date: June 04 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Computer Software, Marketing,
Unboxed Technology contributes to the world by creating new ways to educate and empower people. As a Client and Delivery Project Manager for the agency within the Delivery team, you set the rhythm, tone, and perception of the workflow for internal project teams through effective planning and capacity management. You ensure that each deliverable and project is on time, on budget, and meets the client’s expectations. You do this in collaboration with senior leadership and a team of learning experience designers, creative designers, and developers.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day client-facing project and account management, resource allocation, and smooth delivery of projects for clients. Often working towards tight deadlines, you demonstrate an impeccable attention to detail, are adept at creating and implementing project timelines, and make strategic recommendations based on production changes and constraints. You possess strong time-management skills, the ability to positively influence team members, maintain resilience in the face of frequent change and strong communication skills. Perceptive and energetic, you develop cross-functional groups into high-performing teams that consistently deliver delightful products.
- Manage multiple projects end-to-end by defining project scope, developing detailed project plans and milestones, keeping things on-budget and on-schedule.
- Work with client service teams to scope project requirements, estimate hours, and create detailed project plans, manage and prioritize inbound projects.
- Identify resources needed to fulfill projects, and manage the flexible pool of staff and freelance creatives to assign the right talent to the right work.
- Coordinate the hiring of additional outside contractors and vendors as necessary.
- Work closely with creative teams to ensure they’re focused on the right activities and on-time for delivery; help them troubleshoot when necessary.
- Help make sure progress reviews and revisions from clients are proactively planned, handled efficiently and desired outcomes are met.
- Maintain communications and documentation, including hours/budget reports, status reports, job tracking, project plans, change orders, QA ticketing, and asset management.
- Ability to manage metrics, including but not limited to budgets (profitability, cost of goods sold (COGS), margins and revenue) and capacity planning (LOE (level of effort), project burn down).
- Able to manage program retainers, keeping a running log of scoped hours against hours utilized in addition to regularly communicating status of retainer to project & stakeholder teams.
- Able to collaborate with delivery teams and executives to drive alignment.
- Work with account management and delivery team architects to clarify project requirements and manage expectations with the client and hold teams accountable to delivery deadlines.
- Educate clients and other stakeholders on the Unboxed development process and their role in the process.
- The ideal candidate should have experience collaborating with people from Delivery, Business Development, Operations, Finance, and Technology.
- Client-management experience is a must. Candidate must be skilled in navigating difficult client conversations regarding budget, timeline, and scope.
- Comfort and confidence interfacing daily with clients in person and on phone calls.
- Experience working in fast-paced agency environment and skilled in managing multiple dynamic projects with changing deadlines, requirements, and resources.
- Experience with tools including Hive, Jira, Box, Teams, and Google Suite.
- Experience managing large (over $1 million) program budgets.
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software project management is a plus.
- Effectively communicates ideas, listens to others' ideas, and collaborates to arrive at solutions & resolve conflict.
- Able to analyze complex problems and creatively formulate workable solutions.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Use emotional intelligence and business acumen to problem solve.
- Understanding of project management methodologies, process and tools, including job management, staffing, scoping, estimating, burn management.
- Working knowledge of job management software (JIRA) and project management software (MS Project, Smartsheet.)
- Highly organized, resourceful and accountable individual.
- Exceptional verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Some infrequent travel required.
- Have 5-7 years project management experience at an agency or creative and client services organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Flexibility, attention to detail, and solutions-focused attitude will be key to the success of the role.
- Close-knit company culture
- A plethora of snacks and drinks
- Team-building events (virtual and in person)
- Comprehensive benefits package including ample PTO
- Advancement potential
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time as well as occasionally move about inside the office.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
Please note that this job description does not contain a comprehensive list of responsibilities and tasks required for this role. The job description, as well as its responsibilities and tasks, may change at any time with or without notice.