The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our platform and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
440 N Wells St, , Chicago, IL, USA, 60654
Technical Program Manager
Opening date:September 15
Closing date: October 15 2021
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a Program Manager on a contract basis to help support our Customer’s business needs. The main function of the ideal candidate is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as engineering, research and development, financial systems and product roll-out, etc.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Present and explain proposals, reports and findings to clients.
- Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Analyze technology, resource needs and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Confer with management, production and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Direct, review and approve product designs and changes.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- 6-9 years in Technical Program Manager experience – AR/VR or Gaming background preferred
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Strong knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio etc.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field.
- PMI or PMP certification preferred.
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Los Angeles, CA office once it is determined safe to do so.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)