Founded by former IBMx employees, our mission is to make a profound impact by improving our client's performance. We're a full-service software consulting firm that brings original ideas from conception to completion.
Our key to success is based in our engineering and design teams, fielding some of the most talented young developers and creative staff in the world, with experience and degrees from top technology and management consultant firms. Every project we undertake is staffed by a dedicated, vertically integrated team specialized to meet the unique demands of each endeavor.
Ultimately, we are driven by the philosophy that strong technology changes lives in meaningful ways, and it is our goal that each one of our projects advances this cause. We are dedicated to constantly pushing our clients agendas and their success forward, always questioning the limits of what an app can achieve.
Bring us your most complex problems and your boldest ambitions. You’ll find the right attitude, the optimal team and the right approach that results in the shortest path to achieving your goals. What we do is simple: We increase the capabilities of people and the performance of the organizations we serve. We’ll help you harness the immense power of tools such as Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, and Machine Learning to solve a business challenge, make your data actionable or transform the way you work. We obsess over the details and execute an exceptional customer experience, always.
Our technical expertise and get-it-done attitude helps you solve not just for today but for what’s next. From the start, we’ve been fueled by a passion for creating value for our clients. Our people come from every background, but we’re united by the drive to deliver – every step of the way.
SM Innovations is a Salesforce.com partner, AWS Consulting Network Partners.
The company has not entered any location yet.
Technical Project Manager - Salesforce Consulting (Remote!)
Technical Project Manager - Salesforce Consulting (Remote!)
6 days ago | Los Angeles, California, United States | SM Innovations
Opening date:May 05
Closing date: June 05 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Computer Software, Management Consulting,
SM Innovations is a premier digital consulting firm in Santa Monica. We specialize in Salesforce consulting, software development and design, and AWS Cloud migrations. Our team consists of management consultants, world class engineers, and highly talented designers, who set out to do what we love most - build amazing software for enterprises and startups. Our mission is to bring our clients’ visions into reality by guiding them along the optimal path to get there.
The Technical Project Manager role is a key member of the senior management team, mainly responsible for the successful completion of client projects. The goal of this position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth. You’ll be focusing on our Salesforce consulting division, leading Salesforce implementations and overseeing our Managed Services program.
- Project Management experience
- (Technical projects including but not limited to - Salesforce Development, Cloud Development, Mobile Apps, E-Commerce, Web Development)
- Salesforce experience
- Salesforce Administrator certification preferred
- 25+ Trailhead badges earned
- If not, strong willingness to do so
- Able to build very strong relationships with clients
- The client should be able to love working with you enough so that they overlook minor issues that may happen!
- Open to jumping in and handling anything else the company needs outside of typical job duties
- This could involve anything from sales (review or research client pitch decks), HR (interviewing candidates), or any other typical job duties. We are a growing startup!
The Primary Functions Of Your Role Will Be
Operations (80% of your time)
- Managing internal operations including managing current projects and future projects with a focus on our Salesforce clients while identifying ways to improve our business including:
- Project Delivery Management
- Process Management
- Handling time tracking systems
- Reviewing Client Billing
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of staff (Engineers, Marketing, Sales, etc.)
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
Additional (20% of your time)
- Contributing to augmentation of sales of existing clients by ensuring clients have the right product and services, as well as identifying new markets, potential clients, or opportunities to grow the business
- Recruiting efforts
- Identify opportunities for performance and growth
- Manage relationships with partners - Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, etc.
- May be asked to participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Properly scoping out presales projects prior to contract signing to ensure that all unique functionality, integrations and proper personnel are accounted for
- Clearly defining specifications for projects to eliminate, or at least greatly reduce, back-and-forth and scope creep
- Resource planning, communicating the schedule internally and keeping to the set timelines
- Aligning expectations with Engineering and the client
- Properly communicating all client technical needs to the development teams (pre and post launch projects and support requests)
- Maintaining a solution-oriented mindset that accounts for the needs of all teams that interact with your product
- Keeping the management apprised of any issues that come up regarding timeline changes and client satisfaction
- Managing End of Day/Week reports for all clients
- Very strong communication skills
- Proficient understanding of all or most of the following technologies:
- Salesforce Administration and Development - this is the area you'll be focusing on most!
- Website/Mobile Application Development
- At least one coding language
- Database management
- AWS Cloud Development
- Agile Project Management methodology
- Requirements gathering, able to efficiently break down complex projects for both Engineering and clients. Make complex or abstract ideas or situations clear, simple, and/or understandable, specifically for internal teams or clients
- Able to determine if a task should live with integrations, front end development, back end development or another team internally and coordinate with appropriate teams to successfully complete
- Initial troubleshooting of problems/issues that arise with current or new integrations
- Selectively absorb a large amount of diverse or complex information to identify central and underlying issues of a situation
- Apply simple rules, common sense and past experiences to identify problems and propose solutions
- Strong accountability for project timelines and quality
- Demonstrates a commitment to serve and satisfy internal and external customers; holds self accountable for all deliverables
- Strong organization skills - establishes a course of action or actions for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently
- Elicits cooperation from internal and external teams
- Understands and can simply communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical teams
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills with a high attention to detail
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes work responsibilities; manages several tasks at once
- Strong work ethic and does what it takes to get the job done and naturally goes the extra mile
- Identifies opportunities and issues within the site conception and build out phases, and client relationships
- Proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
Very Competitive - Salary + Bonus. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We are a group of former IBMers from the Digital Strategy arm. SMI focuses on three main pillars - Custom software for businesses (mobile/web apps), Salesforce, and migration to the Cloud. We are Salesforce Consulting Partners and AWS Consulting Partners. We're a boutique firm with excellent engineers, UX/UI designers, and world class strategists. Come join a fun and growing team!