Skillz is the leading mobile games platform that connects players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
We’re building a groundbreaking company that's pioneering an entirely new industry, and we're searching for top-notch people to join our mission. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you!
1061 Market Street, San Francisco , CA, USA, 94103
Program Manager, International
Opening date:May 25
Closing date: June 25 2021
Industry:Computer Software, Internet,
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who We're Looking For
Powering Esports for Everyone, is the core vision of Skillz. 75% of the mobile gaming market is outside the US and is growing fast. We plan to bring ‘Global Play’ to the world. We are seeking a seasoned Program Management leader who will own and drive our international expansion. In this role, you will define the roadmap, unblock the hurdles in taking Skillz to the new markets, and impact hundreds of millions of players globally in the process.
You are a highly-organized, enthusiastic program manager with exceptional communication skills, a demonstrable talent for program management, and experience working with Payments or International expansion. The act of planning excites you; organization and efficiency make you squeal with glee. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, always follows-up, and enjoys working within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
What You'll Do
- Own the program and our way forward for international expansion.
- Drive detailed discussions on product and high-level alignment on roadmap with key business stakeholders
- Track deliverables and actions held by multiple cross-functional teams
- Partner effectively across business units such as Legal, Product Development, Marketing
- Communicate with leaders at all levels on the plans, status, and risks
- Own initiative and sprint planning for cross-functional Prod Dev team
- Unblock project initiatives and escalade when needed
- Update or establish adoption of frameworks, tools, and best practices for the International team
- Own hiring and managing of additional Project Managers as the team grows
- 5+ years of work experience in program management roles
- 1+ year of people management experience
- Four year degree (or a great reason why you don't have one)
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute within a high-pressure environment
- Adaptable to changing requirements and business needs
- Capable of juggling multiple programs simultaneously
- Ability to motivate, encourage, persuade, increase cooperation and reduce tension among team members
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience with Gantt charts, MS Project, or other project management tools