PC Richard & Son
P.C. Richard & Son, also known as simply P.C. Richard, is the largest chain of private, family-owned electronics and appliances stores in the United States. Its stores are located in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania, with the majority of the stores located on Long Island and in the New York City boroughs of Queens and Brooklyn.
The first P.C. Richard opened on September 26, 1909 in the Bensonhurst section of Brooklyn. This particular store sold hardware and was run by Peter Christiään Richard, an immigrant from Holland. The first electronic appliance the store sold was an electronic iron. His son, Alfred J. Richard, would spend all of his time helping his father, as he quit school at the age of fourteen for the sake of the store, which at that point was located in Queens. Within time, A.J. would become the head of the store, and would prove to be highly successful in persuading people to buy appliances. As the years progressed, his sons would aid him with the business, as they expanded to other locations. To this day, the chain is still run by the Richard family, as A.J. himself would serve as chairman well into his 90's.
150 Price Pkwy, Farmingdale, NY, USA, 11735
Wholesale and Retail
Opening date:June 10
Closing date: July 10 2021
Industry:Construction, Wholesale and Retail,
To Work Within Our Builder/Wholesale Division
located at our Corporate Headquarters
105 Price Parkway
Farmingdale, NY 11735
The Builder/Wholesale Division sells major appliances exclusively to Builders, Contractors, Landlords and Management companies throughout the Northeastern USA.
A Project Coordinator is an administrative professional who assists P.C. Richard & Son Sales Managers, and coordinate deliveries with construction project managers.
The Position Includes, But Is Not Limited To
- Assisting our outside sales managers with setting up accounts by providing spread sheets with product information.
- Entering orders accurately into our point of sale system and then followed through to completion of scheduled delivery.
- Ordering the product needed for each constructions project and schedule deliveries to each site.
- Coordinate project schedules and assist in resolving issues.
- Ensuring projects run smoothly by controlling workflow, scheduling assignments, evaluating the course of the project and reporting its status to the Operation Management Team.
A successful Project Coordinator must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment.
The Following Skills And Qualifications Needed
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Microsoft Word & Excel experience.
- Customer Service & Data Entry experience.
Excellent BENEFITS Available Including
- Health Plan options providing comprehensive coverage for the employee and family (if applicable).
- Health Savings Account (if applicable)
- Voluntary Vision & Dental Plan.
- Life Insurance and Supplemental Insurance Programs.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with a discretionary annual Company match, Flexible Spending Plan and an Employee Discount.
- Accrued Vacation Time and Paid Sick Time
P.C. Richard & Son is an Equal Opportunity Employer