Connecting you with long-term opportunities for career growth and success
The company has not entered any location yet.
Sr Project Manager - Cisco, Storage/SAN, Cloud, Data Center
Sr Project Manager - Cisco, Storage/SAN, Cloud, Data Center
10 days ago | Buffalo, New York, United States | Optello
Opening date:June 14
Closing date: July 14 2021
Industry:Information Technology, Computer Software, Financial Services,
If you are a Senior Project Manager with experience, please read on!
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is a member of the Project Management Office (PMO), which is the centralized point of customer engagement, resource management, deliverable assurance, and project/program reporting. In general, the SPM will manage multiple complex IT projects based on the Project Management Institute Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMI PMBOK) framework and established internal workflows, tools, and templates. The SPM takes the handoff from Sales and facilitate the implementations through to project closure.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manages day-to-day client interaction and expectations for high complexity projects and/or as the delivery focal for customer programs comprised of several simultaneous projects.
- Develops custom project plans in consultation with internal and client engineering teams, and manages all project-related communication, task tracking, resource management (inclusive of staff & product), while also responsible for project time & expense approvals, on-time completion, and customer satisfaction.
- Manages projects through standardized PMI-PMBOK Phases while ensuring all related project artifacts & deliverables meet milestone acceptance criteria.
- Creates project plans, status reports and manages issues, risks, and actions to completion.
- Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects through effective change management skills.
- Manages Project budget and billing within appropriate time submittal and approval processes.
- Coordinates Resource Utilization with Delivery Teams.
- Partners across cross functional teams to deliver the best possible solution for a client.
- Manages internal and customer-facing communications related to assigned projects.
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
- Supports internal project and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need for this Position
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Data Center
- Server Virtualization
- Cisco Security
- Storage Area Networking
- Project Manager
- Infrastructure Deployment
Minimum Education And Experience
- Bachelors degree required; or 10 years equivalent professional experience required
- 8-to-10-year hands-on experience leading the implementation of complex enterprise-wide project
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with portfolio and project management tools
- Agile, PMP, ITIL Certifications, at least one required
- Strong in MS Office, Project, SharePoint, Visio
Preferred Education And Experience
- Strong IT Infrastructure deployment experience in large scale project management, preferably in a health care setting.
- PMP Certification strongly preferred
OTHER SKILLS And ABILITIES
- Outstanding interpersonal skills demonstrated in ability to communicate on all levels of internal and customer organizations on technical and business-related aspects of assigned projects.
- Able to prioritize multiple tracks of work while determining critical path.
- Ability to build and sustain excellent working relationship and mentor junior project team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on client service
TRAVEL: 75%. Our client base is concentrated in NJ/NY/PA, but we do have clients up and down the Eastern Seaboard. Depending on your tasks, you may be required to go on-site.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
What's In It for You
- Competitive compensation package ($95-140k/yr)
- 401k w/2% match - profit sharing part of package (discretionary)
- Dynamic and challenging work
- Training & career development
- Opportunity for advancement
- Generous paid time off & holidays
- Employee Referral bonus
- Medical, dental, & vision care
- Prescription drug coverage
- Company paid Life & Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Employee wellness programs
- So, if you are a Senior Project Manager with experience, please apply today!
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : NV1-1635970 -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Nick Valenti - Executive Recruiter - Optello
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Optello is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.