New York eHealth Collaborative
New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC, pronounced “nice”) is a non-profit organization working in partnership with the New York State Department of Health to improve healthcare collaboratively leading, connecting, and integrating health information exchange (HIE) across the state.
On behalf of New York State, NYeC leads the advancement of the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY), a network connecting healthcare professionals statewide. The SHIN-NY connects regional networks, or Qualified Entities (QEs), which allow participating healthcare professionals, with patient consent, to quickly access electronic health information and securely exchange data with any other participant in the state.
Founded in 2006 by healthcare leaders, NYeC works with a diverse group of stakeholders from across the state and care continuum to advance health information technology in New York, developing policies and standards that support the utilization of health technologies and assisting providers in adopting and effectively using electronic health records.
116 Broadway , Suite 1601, New York, NY, USA, 10006
Opening date:January 15
Closing date: February 11 2022
New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the New York State Department of Health to improve healthcare by collaboratively leading, connecting, and integrating health information exchange across the State.
Founded in 2006 by healthcare leaders, NYeC works to help New York State achieve the Triple Aim of improving the patient experience of care, delivering better health outcomes, and reducing costs. On behalf of the State, NYeC leads the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY), a network to connect healthcare providers statewide, develops policies and standards that support the utilization of health technologies, and assists healthcare providers in adopting and effectively using electronic health records.
NYeC is propelling healthcare forward by facilitating the use of new and innovative technologies that will improve patient care. Healthcare is currently undergoing an unprecedented transformation through a digital health revolution – do you want to be at the epicenter of it?
Employees hired on or after January 4, 2022, must be fully vaccinated in accordance with NYeC’s policy before beginning employment with NYeC and present proof prior to their start date, unless they have requested and been granted an exemption or accommodation (based on disability/medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief).
NYeC is seeking a Project Manager to lead project coordination activities related to a range of enterprise project assignments. The Project Manager will report to the Director, Project Management and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders. This role will be based out of either our Albany or Manhattan, NY office.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Work with department, program, technical, and operational stakeholders and resources to ensure project requirements and success criteria for assigned portfolio of enterprise projects are successfully met;
- Manage and monitor progress of projects throughout their lifecycles, including planning, development, testing, training, implementation and closeout phases. Be accountable for project results along with project sponsor;
- Anticipate issues and act proactively to communicate and address potential issues; identify and manage project risks;
- Implement tactical project planning, management, control, and reporting tools such as project plans, Agile sprint documents, process documentation and checklists as required;
- Manage cross-functional interdependencies; serve as a mediator between stakeholders and project teams and within project teams to resolve any impediments;
- Prepare high quality status reports to provide updates on project progress including milestones, critical path items, decisions required, issues, risks, constraints, etc;
- Communicate project status and issues in timely fashion and manage expectations with stakeholders and project teams;
- Oversee/monitor the work of consultants/vendors assigned to the enterprise projects;
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required. PMP certification preferred;
- 3-5 years of technical project management experience required, healthcare technology background preferred;
- Hands on experience in managing projects utilizing the product development lifecycle or a systems development lifecycle;
- Knowledge of project management tools with proficiency in MS Office suite, MS Project, MS Visio, and at least one enterprise PMO tool (Asana, Monday, etc);
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with a variety of stakeholders (including business, policy, technical staff, and operational stakeholders, NYeC leadership, external stakeholders, team members, etc.);
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex project deadlines in a fast-paced technical environment; able to accommodate changing priorities; adaptable
- Strong critical thinking skills; able to anticipate, interpret, and resolve potential impediments to project success;
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and management skills in order to interact with peers, senior staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third-party partners.
For more information about NYeC and to apply for this position, visit our website at http://nyehealth.org/about-nyec/careers. We accept online applications only. NYeC is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.