Koniag Government Services
Koniag Government Services (KGS) supports the values and traditions of our Native communities through an agile employee and corporate culture that delivers Enterprise Solutions, Professional Services, and Operational Management to Federal Government Agencies. We apply our proven commercial solutions to a deep knowledge of Defense and Civilian missions to provide forward leaning technical, professional, and operational solutions. KGS enables successful mission outcomes for our customers through solution-oriented business partnerships and a commitment to exceptional service delivery. We ensure long-term success with a continuous improvement approach while balancing the collective interests of our customers, employees, and Native communities.
Through our wholly-owned subsidiary companies, including SBA Certified 8(a) and HUBZone companies, we provide exceptional service to our Government clients with a committed focus on: Community Mission. Solution Oriented. Exceptional People. Our commitment to quality delivery is demonstrated by our independently accredited CMMI/Dev Level3, CMMI/Svc Level3, ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, and ISO 20001:2011 Service Management System. KGS is headquartered in Chantilly, VA with offices all over the country.
4100 Lafayette Center Dr, Chantilly , VA, USA, 20151
IT Project Manager
Opening date:September 15
Closing date: October 15 2021
Koniag Management Solutions is hiring an IT Project Manager to manage, plan and coordinate the full life-cycle of IT projects in support of the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA).
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The Project Manager ensures that all project goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe and to the customer’s satisfaction. The Project Manager provides project team leadership necessary to meet defined project deliverables and maintains positive working relationships with the customer and key stakeholders.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing project(s) with standardized processes through all project phases
- Outline key functional requirements and conveying those requirements to vendors and integrated project team
- Provide authoritative advice and recommendations regarding long term industry / technology trends to develop strategic solutions for DeCA’s mission
- Proficient in the design, development, delivery, documentation, and creation of IT modernization solutions.
- Developing all required Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project documentation
- Coordinating and facilitating project activities and meetings.
- Ability to communicate with a technical team/ developers
- General understanding of IT development including interfaces to internal and external systems.
- Coordinating and facilitating communication and status meetings with stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Ensuring project is compliant with Defense Commissary Agency, and federal policies, including IT security.
- Managing project scope and risk management activities.
- Providing weekly, and monthly project reporting in a timely manner, and providing all needed materials requested on an ad-hoc basis.
- Briefing leadership on program progress, challenges, and needs. Following up with risks, issues and action for closures.
- Reviewing program and project deliverables to ensure accuracy, alignment with the contract, and quality assurance and that the final outputs from the vendor meet the program needs according to the main users.
- Previous work experience in Federal Government environment is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- PMP or other relevant certification
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- 5 years of IT Project Management experience.
- Delivery Focused.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple IT projects and prioritize duties based on shifting demands
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service and relationship-building skills
- Ability to plan and oversee projects using project management software tools and methodologies
- Ability to schedule, plan and lead meetings
- U. S. Citizen with ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at ......@koniag-gs.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations. This contact information is used for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire on a status of your application.
Koniag Government Services (KGS) is an Alaska Native Owned corporation supporting the values and traditions of our native communities through an agile employee and corporate culture that delivers Enterprise Solutions, Professional Services and Operational Management to Federal Government Agencies. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Koniag, we apply our proven commercial solutions to a deep knowledge of Defense and Civilian missions to provide forward leaning technical, professional, and operational solutions. KGS enables successful mission outcomes for our customers through solution-oriented business partnerships and a commitment to exceptional service delivery. We ensure long-term success with a continuous improvement approach while balancing the collective interests of our customers, employees, and native communities. For more information, please visit www.koniag-gs.com
EOE Minorities/Female/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352
Medical Insurance Vision Insurance Dental Insurance 401k Disability Maternity Tuition Assistance