Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC) is a solutions company for health care professionals powered by a network of people and technology. With more than 20,000 Team Schein Members worldwide, the Company's network of trusted advisors provides more than 1 million customers globally with more than 300 valued solutions that help improve operational success and clinical outcomes. Our Business, Clinical, Technology, and Supply Chain solutions help office-based dental and medical practitioners work more efficiently so they can provide quality care more effectively. These solutions also support dental and medical laboratories, government and institutional healthcare clinics, as well as other alternate care sites.
Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 120,000 branded products and Henry Schein private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 180,000 additional products available as special-order items.
A FORTUNE 500 Company and a member of the S&P 500® index, Henry Schein is headquartered in Melville, N.Y., and has operations or affiliates in 31 countries and territories. The Company's sales reached $10.1 billion in 2020, and have grown at a compound annual rate of approximately 12 percent since Henry Schein became a public company in 1995.
For more information, visit Henry Schein at www.henryschein.com.
135 Duryea Road, Melville, NY, USA, 11747
Principal, Business Project Manager
Opening date:January 15
Closing date: February 12 2022
This position is responsible for providing control and expertise of the Company's complex projects to achieve project objectives within scope, time, quality, and budget constraints. This is NOT an IT Project Management role. Projects will be focused on business initiatives.
- Incrementally advance the Project Management Office framework for the Company, support the continued oversight of all major projects and related resources, provide management reporting and metrics, manage related applications for data integrity and provide reports to management regularly
- Establish policies and procedures for project management methodology and ensure the integrity of all project-related data.
- Plan and oversee projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget
- Develop comprehensive program/project management plans, best practices, and templates while providing training and mentoring to project teams
- Oversee project and program management activities in an organized and disciplined manner consistent with accepted project and program management standards
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible with strategic goals
- Develop and prepare project measurements and reports for senior management on both projects and portfolio level
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals. Monitor and understand dependencies across multiple inter-related projects
- Implement and support appropriate methodologies such as SDLC, Agile, Scrum, SAFE.
- Manage relationships with teams and all stakeholders.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through all stages of the project.
- Participate in other special projects and perform other duties as required.
Typically eight or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any relevant professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in a related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent preferred. May hold two or more industry certifications.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent understanding of industry practices
- Strong proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Excellent planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Excellent independent decision making, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the Company
- Good negotiating skills
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
- Project management, consultative skills, and ability to manage a budget
- Specialist in multiple technical and/or business skills
- Ability to cultivate and develop lasting internal and external customer relations
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Program and/or Project Management experience required
- Preferred certification in PMO environment
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers