DRS IT Solutions Inc
DRS IT Solutions Inc is a Women-Owned boutique recruiting firm, headquartered in Novi, Michigan. We specialize in Staffing Information Technology Professionals. We are an IT staffing provider with expertise in emerging technologies like Big Data analytics, DevOps, AI, RPA, Cloud, IOT, Machine Learning, Cyber Security, Social & Mobile.
DRS IT SOLUTIONS Inc is certified as a Woman's Business Enterprise (WBE) through the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC).
28175 Haggerty Rd, Novi, MI, USA, 48377
Project Manager Dimondale , MI
Opening date:October 14
Closing date: November 14 2021
This position is for a Senior Project Manager to assist the State of Michigan Project Management Office supporting Department of Treasury, Lottery and Gaming. This role, as part of the DTMB Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO), works closely with DTMB Agency Services technical teams.
Top Skills And Years Of Experience
- Experience using a project portfolio management systems and tools (e.g.) Clarity (5 years)
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in IT project management, including industry standard and best practices. (7 years)
- Experience establishing and maintaining project budgets, schedules, change requests, risk, and issue logs (7 years)
In-depth knowledge of and experience in IT project management, including industry standard and best practices.
Proven record for delivering projects on time and on budget in a formal project manager role
Experience establishing and maintaining project budgets, schedules, change requests, risk, and issue logs
Experience developing and delivering project status
Experience using a project portfolio management systems and tools (e.g.) Clarity
Possession of a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
Advanced working knowledge of MSProject
Experience handling variety of stakeholders and system owners from other departments.
Experience providing project management services for IT Projects involving Commercial Off the Shelf Technology (COTS)
Experience managing multi-vendor environment in a government environment.
Experience managing SAP S4 HANA implementations as a project manager
Nice to have
- Utilize the State of Michigan's Project Portfolio Management Tool (Clarity) to prepare project schedules, assign resources and management budgets.
- Responsible for working with the project team members to develop and maintain the following key SUITE Project Management Methodology (PMM) deliverables throughout the project lifecycle:
- Project Charter - Project Schedule Project Budget - Communication Plan - Project Status Report - Risk and Issue Management Plans - Change Requests - Project Closedown Summary
- Responsible for ensuring the project adheres to the SUITE PMM and System Engineering Methodology (SEM), including appropriate and timely transitions through the stages and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for facilitating and enforcing the Change Management process (Change Requests) when the project deviates from the approved scope, schedule, or budget. This includes ensuring all Change Requests have appropriate approval before action is taken or information is updated.
- Responsible for creating project Corrective Action Plans (CAP) when necessary for projects in yellow or red status.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding vendor contracts to actively manage the vendor deliverables and adherence to the vendor deliverable approval procedure.
- Facilitates the interactions among stakeholders by clarifying the expectations of all participants and ensuring all deliverables are assigned, reviewed, and completed.