DMI (Digital Management, LLC)
DMI is a global technology solutions company that specializes in digital strategy, design, transformation and support. Utilizing expertise from six unique DMI Groups, in the areas of AI & Analytics, Commerce, Experience, Managed Services, Transformation, and Government, DMI delivers intelligent digital transformation solutions that meet organizations where they are. Born digital, DMI has been delivering mission-critical, enterprise grade solutions since 2002 for over a hundred Fortune 1000 enterprises and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI has grown to 2,000+ employees globally and has been continually recognized by top industry analysts as market leader as well as a Top Place to Work by the Washington Post. www.DMInc.com
6550 Rock Spring Dr., 7th Floor, Bethesda, MD, USA, 20817
IT Project Manager
Opening date:October 14
Closing date: November 14 2021
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is a global technology solutions company that specializes in digital strategy, design, transformation and support. Utilizing expertise from six unique DMI Groups, in the areas of AI & Analytics, Commerce, Experience, Managed Services, Transformation, and Government, DMI delivers intelligent digital transformation solutions that meet organizations where they are. Born digital, DMI has been delivering mission-critical, enterprise grade solutions since 2002 for over a hundred Fortune 1000 enterprises and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI has grown to 2,000+ employees globally and has been continually recognized by top industry analysts as market leader as well as a Top Place to Work by the Washington Post. DMInc.com | Careers | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook
About The Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management LLC) is looking for IT Project Manager in Michigan.
Skills set being sought…
- Documented experience in successfully managing IT projects (full project lifecycle) > $2 Million - 7 years
- Proven record of delivery project on time and on budget - 5 years
- Experience in managing IT projects in a government environment - 5 years
- Managing of IT Agile development projects - 4 years
- Experience performing scope management for projects, including a disciplined change control - 5 years
- Experience performing issues management across multiple departments - 5 years
- Experience creating and executing implementation plans - 5 years
- Experience in delivering excellent verbal and written communication with clients and technical staff - 5 years
- Preference will be given to candidates with PMP or other certification - 3 years
- Understanding of SEI Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) - 3 years
- IT Development Project Management experience - 5 years
Roles And Responsibilities
- The Project Manager (PM) leads the project team responsible for achieving the project objectives. The PM plans, manages, and communicates project activities ensuring the project is delivered according to the project scope, schedule, and budget as defined in the project charter.
- This role, as part of the DTMB Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO), works closely with DTMB Agency Services management and technical teams as well as with MDOT Automation Managers and business teams in the delivery of the project while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Accountable for monitoring, controlling, and communicating project progress by actively managing the cost, schedule, scope, resources, quality, and risks.
- Accountable and responsible for clear, timely, and accurate communications with stakeholders, particularly the project sponsors, project team members, program managers, and MDOT/DTMB management, on the status of the project, using appropriate communication methods.
- Accountable for efficient and effective ongoing communication with the vendor throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for providing leadership and fostering collaborative participation between the technical and business teams by obtaining consensus and gaining commitment. Advocates as necessary to ensure project success.
- Responsible for working with the project team members to develop and maintain the following key SUITE Project Management Methodology (PMM) deliverables throughout the project lifecycle:
- Project Charter - Project Schedule – Project Budget - Communication Plan - Project Status Report - Risk and Issue Management Plans - Change Requests - Project Closedown Summary
- Responsible for project health and quality by adhering to established quality and compliance processes.
- Responsible for ensuring the project adheres to the SUITE PMM and System Engineering Methodology (SEM), including appropriate and timely transitions through the stages and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for actively evaluating the project to anticipate, identify, evaluate, and mitigate project risks and issues. Escalates risks and issues when needed.
- Responsible for facilitating and enforcing the Change Management process (Change Requests) when the project deviates from the approved scope, schedule, or budget. This includes ensuring all Change Requests have appropriate approval before action is taken or information is updated.
- Responsible for creating project Corrective Action Plans (CAP) when necessary for projects in Yellow or Red status.
- Responsible for understanding the project benefits and the impact of change requests to the benefits business cases. Responsible for ensuring related project artifacts are updated accordingly.
- Responsible for project team adherence to information governance activities.
- Responsible for understanding project interdependencies and ensuring appropriate and timely discussions and actions occur when a project change may have an impact.
- Responsible for completion of the project tailoring process to determine the PMM and SEM deliverables for the project.
- Responsible for following the project Notice of Decision procedure for all major project decisions, including a Build vs. Buy decision.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding vendor contracts to actively manage the vendor deliverables and adherence to the vendor deliverable approval procedure.
- Facilitates the interactions among stakeholders by clarifying the expectations of all participants and ensuring all deliverables are assigned, reviewed, and completed.
- Functions as the Scrum Master for MDOT Agile projects, facilitating sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives
Job ID: 2021-22197