Dairy Farmers of America
At Dairy Farmers of America, our nearly 20,000 employees work with one goal in mind – bring value to our members. As a farmer-owned cooperative, DFA offers rewarding jobs across the nation in a variety of fields, including manufacturing, accounting, communications, marketing, economics, on-farm field services, and more.
We value our employees and reward them with competitive benefits, a supportive working environment, and opportunities for growth. We capitalize on the strengths of each individual and ensure that each employee is challenged in their role. Through Dairy University, employees receive online training and job enhancement, classes. Employees also have the opportunity to grow within DFA.
We also want our employees to live a healthy lifestyle and offer a health and wellness program that provides access to online classes and materials tailored to help our employees make healthier choices, as well as an Employee Assistance Program that helps employees with legal and health issues, such as advice on parenting or stress management, and free counseling sessions.
At DFA, we understand that our employees provide value within our organization and in our community. We cultivate a culture of openness, transparency, and integrity where employees are encouraged to voice their opinions and share their ideas. We also believe we have a responsibility to give back the communities in which we operate and work to do so through the DFA Cares Foundation.
Dairy Farmers of America, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
1405 N. 98th Street, Kansas City, KS, USA, 66111
Opening date:October 13
Closing date: November 13 2021
This position’s purpose is to manage all aspects of project delivery for large and/or complex projects as assigned by the IT PMO which may include working with business and IT stakeholders to define detailed requirements to meet project objectives, resource planning, usability design, sprint planning, risk management, change management, training, and service introduction. Resource planning may include identifying skillsets needed for the duration of the project and recruitment of external resources.
A critical component of this position’s purpose is in communicating with project stakeholders, informing and escalating, as needed.
The incumbent will guide the efforts of project team members, including internal resources and/or third-party contractors to deliver the project according to plan. At times, projects will require the acquisition/selection of resources and new technologies. Projects could encompass all IT disciplines including infrastructure, applications, reporting, end user technologies and will be managed using the DFA IT project implementation methodology which allows for waterfall and agile processes, as needed.
This role will be considered a champion for DFA IT governance processes and will coach others across DFA to support ongoing expansion, as needed.
A key measure of success in this role is the ability is to plan, execute, and deliver projects that meet the expectations of the stakeholders on time and within budget.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Direct and manage project delivery from beginning to end, ensuring all critical project milestones are met
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to fully understand the business case, value realization plan, and post go live success criteria and metrics
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables; work with IT and business leadership to ensure the project goals support the business goals
- Define the implementation approach and utilize the DFA IT project implementation methodology
- Develop and/or oversee development of all project artifacts including detailed project plans, status updates and communications, presentations, requirements documentation, architecture diagrams, training bundles, etc. as required by the DFA IT project implementation methodology
- Develop project staffing plan and work with business and IT stakeholders to recruit/assign resources; where required, lead the selection and contracting of external resources, technology, and service providers
- Develop project budget and work with IT and business stakeholders to successfully deliver the project within budget
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis, across multiple locations and leadership levels
- Work with business stakeholders to define the project stakeholder management, change management, and project communications approach. At times, creating and executing a comprehensive change and communications plan might require collaboration with the HR and the Communications organization
- Set and continually manage and communicate project expectations to team members and other stakeholders
- Ensure solution is fully tested with documented test results utilizing test plans, scenarios and test scripts
- Proactively manage, communicate and mitigate project issues and risks
- Proactively manage and communicate changes in project scope and assumptions
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Manage the delivery of work across multiple IT organizations, as needed
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Cultivate business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Facilitate escalation, as needed
- Develop and execute change management plan to ensure the organization is ready to adopt new systems and processes
- Plan and execute service introduction steps to ensure successful support of the new systems and processes
- Ensure steady state support goals are achieved as per the agreed schedule prior to the completion of the hyper-care phase
- Complete project close and sunset review with project stakeholders
The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, or business administration
- 5+ years project management experience, preferably in a manufacturing or fluid milk marketing environment, coupled with strong leadership skills and experience implementing large/complex projects
- Experience with one or more of the following is preferred: SAP, JDE, Salesforce, Networking, Infrastructure
- Certification and/or License
- Project Management Institute PMP certification required; SAP certifications, Six Sigma Black Belt, or other similar certifications preferred
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of Agile and waterfall methodologies
- General understanding of IT technical infrastructure including basic networking, phone systems, servers, database, cloud, and disaster recovery
- Able to facilitate work sessions for business process re-engineering and optimization
- Able to drive IT and business process standardization and best practices
- Able to demonstrate solid business judgment and decision-making skills; able to make well-informed and reasoned decisions in a short period of time
- Able to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Able to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Able to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, for a diverse range of internal and external audiences; able to communicate technical information to non-technical individuals
- Able to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity
- Able to build a collaborative working environment
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Skill in conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
An Equal Opportunity Employer