CO-OP Financial Services
Be there. Be more. Be everything every financial institution aspires to be.
CO-OP Financial Services helps you leverage the latest technology and trends to strengthen member connections and support growth. We're inspired by our member credit unions to constantly reinvent the ways we serve the changing needs of the credit union movement.
CO-OP unites innovative thinkers with deep experience in the credit union and payments industries to energize innovation and incite progressive ideas. We offer you a continually evolving portfolio of proprietary products and services that keep you at the forefront of emerging trends.
CO-OP was created by credit unions, for credit unions. Through technological expertise and thought leadership that make possible new levels of access and convenience, we're committed to being there for you. In the competition to establish your cr
9692 Haven Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA, 91730
Senior Project Manager - Remote
Senior Project Manager - Remote
4 days ago | Richmond, Virginia, United States | CO-OP Financial Services
Opening date:September 15
Closing date: October 15 2021
We are seeking a talented Senior Project Manager to plan, organize, lead and control cross-functional product or information technology projects that are large to extra-large in scope and impact.
- This position is fully-remote. That means we are open to talent across the country and the person in this position will be able to continue working remotely even after we transition back into our physical office locations.
What You Can Look Forward To
- Leads and manages project lifecycle phases for multiple complex projects initiatives which could share the same delivery timelines.
- Establishes clarity on the project scope and develops project plans based on the work breakdown structure derived from the project requirements for all project assignments (includes, but is not limited to new client conversions, existing client projects, custom development projects, new product development launch projects, and internal initiatives).
- Delivers effective, accurate, and consistent communication to project teams, management, external clients, and vendors; leads project teams of 20 to 40 people.
- Facilitates and leads project resources through the work breakdown process to define tasks, durations, effort, and dependencies to establish a solid implementation schedule.
- Drives the project team (including client and their vendors) to deliver based on the established schedule and ensure quality standards for the project are met.
- Work with team to create project charter including: definition of project scope and deliverables; identification of project goals and milestones; development of project plans and budgets.
- Work with technology leaders to identify project resources and develop schedules.
- Assemble project team members; assign individual responsibilities; lead team meetings.
- Oversee completion of project tasks, manage conflicts within group and escalate risks/issues as needed.
- Coordinate the work of technical professionals and other staff across other functions and disciplines.
- Apply generally accepted project management methodology and enforce project standards.
- Maintain project documentation; ensure project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
- Prepare and disseminate project reports and communications; communicate with EIS team, project sponsors, functional area managers and/or consultants regarding status of specific tasks.
- Monitor and report on project budget.
- Lead post-mortem project reviews.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban, as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations and feedback loops.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science plus eight to ten years project management experience, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 2-5 years of project and/or technical delivery in the financial services industry.Working knowledge of agile and waterfall SDLC’s.
- Working knowledge of an enterprise project management tool, such as Planview PPM Pro or Clarity.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework.
- Working knowledge of an ALM tool, such as Microsoft ADO.
- Strong knowledge of financial services industry and technology.
- Expertise in standard software packages, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Can demonstrate excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Can demonstrate excellent change management leadership skills.
- Can demonstrate expertise in presentations and executive communications utilizing PowerPoint.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills and the ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems, driving solutions to completion.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, while meeting demanding deadlines.
- Understanding of and support for generally accepted project management standards and methodology.
- Ability to lead individuals of all levels and varying technical skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands with a positive attitude.
- PMI Certification desired.
- ITIL Trained preferred.
- Agile Trained preferred.
- 3-4 years in credit/debit/prepaid card experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the FDR, STAR, FIS or other payment industry processing systems is a plus.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve; cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.