“We sell cars, but we’re not car salespeople,” is a popular refrain at Carvana. Instead, we provide a seamless online car buying experience for customers from coast-to-coast. Carvana allows customers to browse, finance and purchase more than 15,000 vehicles from the comfort of home or on the go via their mobile device, while also offering the convenience of selling your car to us without ever having to step foot inside a dealership. Customers who purchase with Carvana enjoy the peace of mind that comes with our 7-day return policy, and the sense of security in knowing that each and every Carvana vehicle is Carvana Certified, having passed a rigorous 150-point inspection and has never been in a reported accident. And with the option to choose as-soon-as next-day delivery or pick up from one of our signature Car Vending Machines, the days of spending a Saturday at the dealership are officially over!
1930 W. Rio Salado Pkwy, Tempe, QC, CAN, 85281
Project Manager, Logistics
Transportation / Logistics
Opening date:January 13
Closing date: February 10 2022
Industry:Transportation / Logistics,
Logistics Project Manager
This individual contributor position is responsible for partnering closely with several different teams (including Centralized Planning, Field Operations, and Training/Fleet Management) to drive the development and execution of Logistics programs across the organization. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage the fleet vehicle (multi and single car hauler) acquisition process to support the expansion of Carvana’s logistic network across the country.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, external partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with business leaders and partners
- Maintain project documentation related to schedules, delivery timelines and acquisition process.
- Coordinate and quickly find solutions to issues that come up on projects ensuring key stakeholders are looped in, a plan is in place, and manage follow ups to ensure successful completion.
- Manage concurrent tasks in applicable applications across multiple projects to ensure stakeholders are staying on time.
- Able to look ahead and proactively plan around conflicting priorities, adjusting deliverables accordingly.
- Communicate with vendors and business partners to ensure they achieve their deliverables on-time and per the approved scope. Provide timely feedback when needed to ensure Carvana’s interests are met.
- Facilitating getting the work done without assignment, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
What The Job Requires
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience is required.
- 5+ years in an operational role.
- 2+ years project management experience.
- Experience creating business and operational processes.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, Google Suite and project management tools.
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with peers, executive level management, and operational stakeholders.
- Reliable deadline and task management skills.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and able to use time management skills to deal with multiple projects and tight timelines.
- Experience using content as a tool that supports business goals and brand strategy.
- Ability to maintain high volume and high-quality content in a fast-paced environment.
- Traveling up to 10% of the time.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.