Barry-Wehmiller Design Group
Design Group operates from 45+ offices in the US and India providing engineering, consulting, and technical services to the world’s leading companies in the Food & Beverage, Life Sciences, Advanced Technology, Industrial, and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology, and other consulting services.
8235 Forsyth Blvd, Suite 900, St Louis, MO, USA, 63105
Opening date:October 13
Closing date: November 13 2021
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading the design, integration, installation, and start-up of packaging lines for food and beverage industries. Responsibilities require engineering leadership experience and a solid working understanding of process, utility, packaging systems, drafting (CAD), controls, equipment procurement, installation, training, and start-up. Qualified candidates will have a proven track record delivering projects on budget & schedule, managing complex scopes, managing client interaction & expectations, supervising contractors and being able to identify & help develop new business opportunities.
- Lead the packaging line design, integration, installation and start-up of capital projects, including estimation, justification, budget, schedule, design, implementation, acquisition, installation, start-up, troubleshooting, and documentation.
- Develop equipment design and specifications, design of equipment support systems, and bid analyses.
- Lead communications with vendors (OEM’s) and contractors to implement “cutting edge” automation solutions.
- Provide engineering solutions for continuous improvement objectives using industry standard tools and procedures (Change Control, ROI, etc).
- Evaluate existing packaging operations, and suggest and drive projects to provide immediate ROI and improve productivity.
- Identify and specify required tooling and/or packaging equipment for projects within designated timelines.
- Develop, maintain and grow solid client relationships.
- Minimum 7 of project engineering/management experience with packaging systems and/or manufacturing automation applications.
- Experience in the food, beverage, household products or personal care industries strongly preferred.
- Excellent engineering and leadership skills as well as the ability to simultaneously organize, and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact within both engineering and operational environments with both clients, and suppliers.
- Ability to develop, maintain and grow solid client relationships.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.