Akido Labs partners with large healthcare organizations to help them harness and leverage the power of their data.
The company has not entered any location yet.
Technical Project Manager
Opening date:July 22
Closing date: August 22 2021
Akido is a care delivery platform focused on overcoming the complex needs of our most vulnerable populations. We are on a mission to leverage modern technology and proprietary datasets that have historically been locked up in our public health ecosystems in order to radically improve the quality of life and affordability of care for underserved people.
We are a fast-growing, impact-focused, Y Combinator company being used nationwide to combat the Covid-19 pandemic, homelessness, and other public health crises. Across the country, health systems and government service providers use Akido to launch new technology-powered public health initiatives that improve the health and well-being of the communities they serve.
We're building a dynamic, diverse and driven team of people who care deeply about our mission and are passionate about creating transformational change in healthcare as we continue to grow and broaden our impact. We tackle new challenges together while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive. Our team is on the path to eclipsing several major milestones in 2021 and we're looking for new teammates to help us accelerate our progress and join us on this journey to transform healthcare for our vulnerable populations. We look forward to meeting you!
Our partners and the communities they serve rely on us to ship new features and products at a rapid pace. The role of the Technical Project Manager is critical and makes this possible day in and day out, continuously improving the quality, velocity, and efficiency of our product development processes. Our TPMs manage complex priorities, help focus the team on outcomes, identify and communicate risks in our delivery pipeline, and streamline the communication between all teams involved in the delivery of our products.
Technical Project Manager's day-to-day
- Meet frequently with product, data, engineering and business stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their needs and constraints.
- Partner with the product and engineering lead(s) to ensure the team’s roadmap and backlog priorities are maintained, in order to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers.
- Own and facilitate the change management process for internal initiatives in conjunction with product managers and engineering leads.
- Monitor the team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers.
- Design and implement new processes and systems to improve the efficiency of software development at Akido, drawing on your past experience and knowledge of best practices.
- Lead communication and solution delivery across cross-functional operating teams.
- Communicate status, risks along with resolution plans, upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadership teams and external stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate...
- Has 4+ years of Program/Project Management and/or Scrum Master experience in a software company, preferably in an enterprise healthcare environment.
- Enjoys working on a team where you may be asked to wear many hats while executing at a high level.
- Is passionate about the health and well-being of vulnerable populations across the county.
- Has demonstrated experience driving agile software development across engineering, quality assurance, and product teams.
- Has demonstrated ability to think strategically about business challenges and execute methodically, being mindful of change management best practices.
- Has excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to engineering and non-engineering stakeholders.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Project Management a plus.
- BA/BS required: preferably in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation (we compensate your work, not your hours)
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Stock options
Akido is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, age, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please let us know.