AECOM is the world’s premier infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical expertise and innovation, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.2 billion in fiscal year 2020. See how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
300 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 90071
Senior Project Manager - Water / Wastewater
Architecture & Planning
Opening date:July 22
Closing date: August 22 2021
Industry:Construction, Engineering, Architecture & Planning,
United States of America - New York, Amherst
AECOM’s Water Business Line is seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Project Manager for immediate employment in the Buffalo, NY office. The appropriate qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in the municipal infrastructure market specializing in wastewater collection and treatment; water distribution and treatment; storm water systems; and green infrastructure design and climate resiliency related work. This position offers a unique opportunity to work within an established and successful group that offers a diverse range of technical challenges and career development opportunities. Much of the work will be conducted in Upstate NY, but opportunities could extend into the New England area as well.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Vision of the Northeast Water markets we serve, where do we invest to grow our business
- Leveraging services with existing clients
- Managing talented staff with a broad range of skills
- Participation in business development activities including building/strengthening relationships with clients, delivering presentations to clients, stakeholders, and professional associations
- Play a key role in client management and client development
- Capture manager for proposals
- Staff management and development including attracting, interviewing, hiring, coaching, and retaining personnel
- Assist with client negotiations and provide superior client service during delivery that will led to repeat business
- Provide clear and focused leadership on all project functions related to project management, project controls, engineering management, and construction management to meet the Client’s and AECOM’s overall goals
- Create a team environment that supports AECOM’s Client focus, where employees meet the expectations, requirements, and agreements of our Clients
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule challenges
- Define project staffing and resource requirements in consultation with senior staff
- Consistently deliver on each project to achieve top-tier industry benchmarks for project financial performance and all aspects of overall project delivery (quality control, risk management, profitability, invoicing, and cash collection)
- Provide mentoring to less experienced staff
- Responsible for the overall management administration to project and assists in establishing project specific objectives and policies.
- Provides management and guidance to subordinate managers, enforces company and project policies, and a primary liaison between AECOM and client interface.
- Oversees and ensures all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Responsible for administering the project from budgeting/schedule stage through procurement and contract closeout.
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related degree
- A minimum of 8+ years of related experience
- Professional Engineer in New York
- Demonstrated experience in business development
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex infrastructure projects
- MS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related degree is highly preferred
- 15+ years’ experience in municipal infrastructure market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with business and contractual agreements
- Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal, negotiating, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to market AECOM services directly to potential clients
- Proficient in common desktop packages, i.e. Word, Excel, MS Project, SalesForce
- Motivated, team player, independent, and organized
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 252101BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.