Heritage Environmental Services
Heritage Environmental Services (Heritage) is a privately held environmental services firm with 50 years of experience. From its comprehensive services (waste treatment & disposal, nationwide transportation network, industrial maintenance, lab pack, product recovery, product manufacturing and byproduct management) to industry-changing R&D solutions, Heritage is dedicated to finding better standards, developing more innovative methods and creating new technologies.
6510 Telecom DR, Suite 400, Indianapolis, IN, USA, 46278
Project Manager I - Tech Services
Transportation / Logistics
Project Manager I - Tech Services
4 days ago | Los Angeles, California, United States | Heritage Environmental Services
Opening date:May 07
Closing date: June 07 2021
Industry:Construction, Transportation / Logistics, Environmental ,
Prepares Tech Services projects, i.e., equipment, labor, transportation, and waste disposal. Determines length of project and cost; visits sites as necessary to ensure safety and customer satisfaction to internal and external customers. Assists with Tech Services project proposals.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Prepares routine Tech Services proposals. Assists with preparation of large Tech Services proposals. Visits customer sites as necessary to evaluate job prior to proposal preparation.
- Assesses project needs in terms of equipment and labor and determines projected length of project and costs; responsible for adherence to time frames and costs throughout the project.
- Initiation of project by scheduling resources; submitting required paperwork to start project; negotiating with regulatory agency personnel and prepares written plans and compliance documents.
- Visits sites during projects as necessary to monitor and keep client informed of progress; recognizes and negotiates authorized change in original project plan and adjusts costs accordingly. Performs field activities and assists as a field chemist as necessary.
- Maintains client relations throughout project; provides progress reports to and negotiates change orders with client.
- Supervises personnel involved with field operations, plans work to ensure safe conditions, and instructs in methods and procedures. Assists as necessary with Tech Services projects as a field chemist.
- Participates in hiring, performance evaluation, disciplining, promotion and termination decisions.
- Responsible for monthly billing approval and various other administrative tasks.
Heritage believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the company to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors
Education: Four year college degree or equivalent; technical field major preferred.
Experience: Two to five years experience in hazardous waste management industry. At least 1 year lab pack experience. Experience supervising employees preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities: This is a safety sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function. Good knowledge and understanding of various federal, state and local industry-related regulations. Understanding of lab pack protocol. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts. Strong business writing skills. A class B CDL is preferred. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
A post offer drug screen will be required.
EEO including disability/veteran